• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney/Universal tickets - Help!

Milly

Earning My Ears
We booked our holiday with "Style" holidays Through Thomas Cook. Both reputable companies - BUT.............
No theme park tickets had arrived by Mon. last week (we depart on 6th July) so I spoke to Thomas Cook - "Oh! It's O.K. - you will get your tickets when you arrive in Orlando" said the Rep. Not wishing to chance this I spoke to "Style" - "No - thats not correct - the tickets will be sent to Thomas Cook by registered post"....
I brought Thomas Cook up to date with their "training" and waited!....and waited......and etc. etc. - The tickets had been posted but had not arrived at Thomas Cook ! They were in fact sitting in the post office...after much pushing - they were collected and I went to Thomas Cook to get them.
I was given 8 x 5 day disney passes (correct) and 1 x receipt for the Universal tickets.
So - here we are today - I want to know when and where the receipt for the Universal pass will be exchanged for the actual tickets but "Style" will no longer talk to me because of the "Data Protection Act" - I do not think that anyone in Thomas Cook knows which day of the week it is ! and I have no answers. Thomas Cook tell me that the receipt will be exchanged either at the resort or at the theme park. I dont want to wait until I get to Orlando to find out that this is not correct. Can any of you out there shed any light on this from past experience?
Also - the disney ticket says that we have the freedom to visit multiple parks on the same day. Does this count as one days pass or will this mean that we will have used up two days passes in the same day?
Milly

Can't say for certain about the Universal tickets, although exchanging vouchers for real tickets at the Guest Services window at the parks is fairly standard. I suspect you would only be able to get the real tickets at your resort/hotel if there was a travel company rep there providing this service. As for Style quoting the DPA as a reason for not being able to talk to you: I have never heard so much rubbish! Tell them in no uncertain terms to get their act together. What the hell is the point in paying travel agents to help you organise your holiday if they spout this kind of rubbish!

Hopping from one Disney Park to another on the same day only uses one day on your hopper tickets. However, you must remember to get your hand stamped (with invisible UV ink) when you leave the first park, and then enter through the 'Re-entry' turnstyle when you visit the next park. Also be aware that with some types of ticket you can't hop from a water park to a theme park and these days are counted seperately. Other than that you can hop to your heart's content!

Have a great trip. I'm sure these minor niggles won't spoil your holiday.

Regards

Rob

Last year we traveled with Airtours - they gave us a receipt for the Universal tickets - when we got to Sanford airport we saw and Airtours rep and she exchanged the receipt for a voucher, and then when we got to Universal we exchanged the voucher for the actual ticket.

It was a complete palavar but it did work.

If you have already got the voucher (that's what it sounds like), then you take this to customer services at the first theme park you visit (mine was good at Universal, IOA, Wet n Wild or Seaworld) and they will give you the ticket. Unless you were staying at a Universal resort, you wouldn't be able to exchange it in resort.

Bev

Now you see why I book independently these days (and have given up with Thomas Cook and alike). In addition to be more expensive, all they do is take their cut - otherwise they are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. If something ever goes wrong with your holiday, Thomas Cook are about as useful ("we are middle men: we only take commission off of what you pay, we wont help you reclaim money if things go wrong")!

Sorry to rant, but your story (in combination with my peorsonal experience) justs frustrates me: the majority of high street travel agents are "brochure shops" rather than "travel professionals".

(rant over)

Boo

it seems more and more companies are quoting "The Data Protection Act" and not offering a good service

i have to sympathise with you, i had equally the same amount of problems through keith prowse a couple of months ago. it was only through our own persistance we recieved them at all, after we adventually discovered one lot of tickets had been sent to the address. and finally got replacements 2 days before we left, needless to say we wont be buying them from keith powse next year!!!

have a great holiday:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter