"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

Thanks to OP and others who've written about their problems with MDE on this thread and given us a heads up. I'd seen this thread up for days and only just read it this morning. We have a trip coming up on Thursday, so I went to MDE to check and sure enough, my H's tickets are gone...his AP, his DAH, and his MNSSHP (and his MVMCP for our next trip). And, just as others have reported, our MDE is also showing several ADRs that we cancelled long ago. I read on this thread that if you call they can restore the missing tickets, so I just called...and the message said that the wait would be over an hour! Really???

Will this get fixed on its own or do I really need to call back and be on hold for an hour? Last time I was on hold for that long with Disney it was for CP ADRs...and after being on hold for an hour and 20 minutes my call was disconnected. I had to call back and wait again for an hour and 40 minutes before I finally got through, so I really don't want to go through all that again.
Just chatted with a rep about this- same thing as you, all my old ones showing but the current/still-customizable ones aren't. She said they'd ship out on time...so I guess we'll see. Let me know if you get yours! I'm a few days before 30 (33) so I'll have a bit of time to wait.
Just chatted with a rep about this- same thing as you, all my old ones showing but the current/still-customizable ones aren't. She said they'd ship out on time...so I guess we'll see. Let me know if you get yours! I'm a few days before 30 (33) so I'll have a bit of time to wait.
The only bands showing up in mine are all old, but just for me and my DIL. However, at the top it says Your Orders/Your Magic Band order and Customize by... and when you click on that it has the current bands there. I did have to go in and customize again.

I'm hoping I don't have to make a 2 hour phone call to clear this up. My trip isn't until December so hopefully the issue corrects itself, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

I'd just deal with it at the ticket booth when we go if it wasn't necessary to set fast passes 30 freaking days in advance.

I've been told by several people including a cast member that I could book fast passes over the phone. Have I been misinformed?
You have not been misinformed, that is correct. Call 1-407-939-7765 and select option 4. The CM at the internet help desk will be able to book your FP choices for you. My 60 day was yesterday and I got online at 6:30 and noticed that I was not able to book any FP's online, so I called the number above at 6:59 and got right through at 7- first caller for the lady who answered. She was able to book all the FP's I wanted and they are all appearing in my profile on MDE. I still can't go in and change them around....but having them booked is all I care about at this point.

The only bands showing up in mine are all old, but just for me and my DIL. However, at the top it says Your Orders/Your Magic Band order and Customize by... and when you click on that it has the current bands there. I did have to go in and customize again.

I wish I saw that option, unfortunately no go.

My two cents is that there is no way Disney is satisfied with MDE from a technology perspective. They undoubtedly paid a ton of money for it (outsourced or not) and continue to pay money for live operations, technical support, ongoing development and releases, etc.

The frequency of breaks described in this thread would not meet the standards of other large global companies. The self-service functionality is extremely poor (which means more $$$$ to pay help desk folks). There are too many chronic issues -- honestly, when you have non-IT folks who know the issues so well they can offer workarounds, that's a problem.

But from a financial-perspective, what is the issue? Does it earn them money? Assuredly. Do they lose money during outages and because of bugs? Sure. But probably not nearly enough to cause concern.

I don't think end-user complaints help push them toward a new solution. I think the only thing that would push them in the direction of a new system would be various metrics showing MDE is losing them money. So if guests start citing MDE as a reason they canceled the trip or a reason they don't want to return, that could move the needle. If dropped ADRs cost them money, that could be an issue.

For me personally, I'm working on my third trip in five years. My issues with MDE have been trivial/annoying but not catastrophic. The one major issue I had was fixed quickly with a phone call to Disney. Chatting casually with friends/colleagues about Disney, I've never heard anyone offer up a complaint about MDE.

Well, our tickets are now correct. But since I have a phantom reservation, the online check-in I did the other day (that online had the correct date) now says I'm coming a day early (both web and app). Sigh. As long as WDW has it right in their system, I don't care what MDE shows. BUT, I don't want to get charged for two reservations or for an extra night. Sigh.

And our trip is next week, so I'm getting more concerned.

It's really embarrassing at this point. You can't force your customers to use something, expect them to stress out and plan their vacation many months in advance, scrimp and save, and this is the software offered. People on the west coast get up at 4 in the flipping morning to try to get fastpasses. It's just getting crazy.

I never did understand why they changed the FP open time to 7am eastern. For what people is that a "reasonable" time? When it is 7am on the eastern coast of the US, it is 8am, 9am, and 10am in most of South America and Greenland. I doubt there are many people living in the Atlantic Ocean where it is 11am - 12pm. And if there are, what kind of internet access do they have? What percentage of WDW visitors are from South America and Greenland?

For the bulk of us in the US and Canada, 7am on the east coast is the middle of the night or way too early in the morning.

IMO, it was much better when they opened the window at midnight eastern time. (11pm central, 10pm mountain, 9pm pacific)

I’m thankful that I don’t have huge issues with MDE. Everything looks correct, except I have a few cancelled dining reservations showing. Any word on whether or not this is going to cause problems? I mean I’m sure I can get the no-show fee removed should they slap one on me for missing these cancelled reservations, but I’d rather not go through the hassle if I don’t have to...

Last night MDE app and on the website would not book an ADR. Sorry for the paws page over and over again. I waited 45 miutes in hold to be told the Rose and Crown is fully booked. I know I saw a 7:55 slot open but I made a later time at Tokyo Dining. This morning before 7 am I try it again and the 755 Rose and Crown was availabele and it actually booked! I have the email confirmations but the app still shows Tokyo Dining, which I cancelled. I feel real bad for those trying to make FP. I just screen shot mine in case of failure in Disney.

For the heck of it I googled "Disney MDE trouble". The first result was a link to the faq. I clicked, but Stitch had already eaten it.
Sometimes I would get that page in the past and I would go in and clear my browing history and cache and wouldn't have any more issues that time at least. Not for nothing, as I do think Disney's website and their app have issues, but sometimes it an individual issue, sometimes a brower issue (seems to be Chrome more often than not). It might be a good idea to do that. May not solve the issue at all but I try to do it anyways just for kicks lol.

FWIW I don't have the stitch page
upload_2018-9-18_13-40-56.png

upload_2018-9-18_13-41-18.png

And trust me I know you can get a Stitch page and me not get one or I could go back in a few minutes and get the Stitch page and I know there's been major issues that goes in spurts. Just trying to relay some information.

Just checked MDE and this time I didn't get the error message. However, all of my old bands are still showing. My trip is October 16 so I am 28 days out. It does say that my bands are being customized and due to ship soon. The new bands are not listed and only my old bands are there, but I can't find them for DH. Due to DH heart attack we had to cancel our August trip. If I don't get new ones this time I'll use the ones we got for that trip as they are brand new.

I used the chat function on the website and talked to someone within 10 minutes.

They told me they would have it taken care of. I checked the APP and both of my tickets now show up.

I used the chat function on the website and talked to someone within 10 minutes.

They told me they would have it taken care of. I checked the APP and both of my tickets now show up.
Actually just did the same thing. Much easier and less wait then on phone. They had me submit secure forms and are processing everything.

Are you implying that I am not allowed to post my own opinion just because you already posted something similar?
That is flat out ridiculous. Where would you get such a bottom based on my post? Of course not I simply pointed out I agreed with you. Heavens never knew that was such a contentious thing to do.
Really? That is the story you want to tell. OK you stay with that story but we all know what you originally meant. Your post was the contentious one. I was just asking a follow up question. I don't think I misinterpreted anything.

Just logged on to the app and got a message as soon as it loaded that “not all the digital experiences may work at this time. Our technicians are actively working on the situation.” Interesting.

You have not been misinformed, that is correct. Call 1-407-939-7765 and select option 4. The CM at the internet help desk will be able to book your FP choices for you. My 60 day was yesterday and I got online at 6:30 and noticed that I was not able to book any FP's online, so I called the number above at 6:59 and got right through at 7- first caller for the lady who answered. She was able to book all the FP's I wanted and they are all appearing in my profile on MDE. I still can't go in and change them around....but having them booked is all I care about at this point.
Thank you!! Let's not advertise this too much though lol!

I think you are asking the wrong question "Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"... no its "Customers, what has to happen for you to stop going to Disney?"

I hit that point a few years ago. My husband keeps mentioning going back and I like the community boards, occasionally I will lurk on new threads to see what has changed. I haven't seen anything change for the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter