Disney Wonder 7-night Bahamas December 27th, 2018

scgustafson

DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum
Hello All,
I guess I am the first for this sailing. My name is Scott and I will be travelling with my wife Donna and our daughter, Kenzie, who will be 14 on this cruise. We are from Chandler, Arizona, but have lived quite a few places across the US due to my being a retired Naval Officer. This will be our 13th DCL cruise, and we have sailed the previous, or currently booked, ones:

• 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - September-October 2012
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder - June 2013
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October 2013
  • 12-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June 2014
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - October 2014
  • 7-night Northern Europe on Disney Magic - June 2015
  • Inaugural 12-night British Isles on Disney Magic - June 2016
  • Inaugural 8-night Western Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October 2016
  • 4-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October 2017 (first leg of back-to-back)
  • 3-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October 2017 (second leg of back-to-back)
  • 7-night Bahamas on Disney Wonder - December 2017-January 2018
  • 7-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June 2018
  • 7-night Bahamas on Disney Wonder - December 2018-January 2019
  • 5-night Baja on Disney Wonder - March 2019
We are looking forward another New Year's Eve sailing as we had so much fun on the one we just got off on Friday.

Last edited:
Finally, someone decided to start a thread! Thank you, we (myself, DH, DS14 and DD 7) are currently booked on this cruise as a backup. We are really hoping to do the longer Southern Caribbean cruise in 2019 if they are offering it. We LOVED our New Years cruise a couple of years ago and it is on our list to do one again someday. Other cruises have been taking precedence since then. Have a lovely cruise!

Last edited:
Hi! I will be on this cruise with my husband, daughter (7), and aunt. This is a first cruise for all of us and we are really looking forward to it! Do y’all have any tips for people new to cruising?

Hello everyone! I'm Alison & I'll be on the cruise along with my (then) 17 year old daughter, Avery.

It will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, but it has been awhile. Did the Easter Carribean in March 2007 & Western Carribean May 2008 both sailing on the Magic.

Currently we live in Waco, Texas. Have been to WDW more times that i can count, DL once (loved it) & have done one ABD trip (Quest for the West in Wyoming-fantastic trip).

Excited about this cruise, being on the Wonder & am hoping to make some new friends.

11 months to go!!

Hi! I will be on this cruise with my husband, daughter (7), and aunt. This is a first cruise for all of us and we are really looking forward to it! Do y’all have any tips for people new to cruising?
Read as much on these boards as possible to get a general idea of what to expect and things to do. The biggest thing is to realize that you will not be able to do everything! There is just too much offered. You can study current Navigators to see which things might interest different people in your family. Check out the trip reports on this sight. They give you lots of info about day to day cruising with lots of photos. Just let yourself take it all in and take time to ENJOY your cruise! :)

Last edited:
Hi, My family and I will be on our first Disney cruise!! We are very excited!! We have a 5 year old daughter and a 9 year old son. We are going to surprise them with the news Christmas morning.. can't wait!!! I've been on Pinterest trying to get prepared. Any info/advice/etc. would be appreciated!!

Cheers,

Hi Everyone! We are first time cruisers and are super excited for this trip. Scott, you must KNOW everything there is to know. We have a 13 year old and 3 year old (both girls) that will even more excited than us when they find out. I think we will have to tell them before Christmas though. I look forward to learning more about the trip and connecting with all of you on the trip!

Our family is officially leaving this cruise. We are not doing the Southern Car. as planned because it was just too expensive and at the end of July into August. We actually decided to do the Western Europe cruise with some time in Barcelona, London and Paris, and it should still be a little cheaper than the 11 day cruise on the Fantasy. We only have this cruise and then probably one in summer 2021 before our son heads off to college and then joins the real world where you have to work a whole year to get one week of vacation. So this probably is a good time to enjoy an extended vacation together. Enjoy the New Year's cruise! We will be thinking of how much fun you all are having and wondering when we will be able to do one again.

We have officially decided to take this cruise. We booked a while ago but were waiting to see if we were going to do it or not.
This will be our 9th cruise. We’ve done exactly two on each of the ships. Cruisers will be myself, my husband, and our 13 year old son. Like Scott (who I often see posting elsewhere) we are a retired military family and have lived all over.
We are looking forward to spending New Years on the ship! And stopping at Castaway!

Hello there from Conroe, TX! My wife and two daughters will be going with me on this cruise. As some others have said our kids too don't know about this, and will be surprised with it on Christmas. My wife and I have done a cruise before on Carnival after we got married so this will be our second. We're doing tons of research and really looking forward to the whole thing.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there will be a Fish Extender group organized? I'm still a newbie, so am not putting my hat in as the volunteer organizer; just wanted to see if one had been started!

This will be our 10th Cruise; second on Disney and second with our children (twin girls who will be 7.5-years-old in December). My hubs will celebrate his 40th birthday on Dec 28th.

There are so many tips on this website and online in general. You will have a blast on Disney and so will your family.

Does anyone know how to sign up for fish extenders?
First cruise here. I just want the kids to be able to partake in the fun while we’re there.

We are sailing on this cruise too! It will be myself, my husband, our DD (22), her fiance and our DD (16). Would love to do a fish extender if anyone has set it up.

We are on this cruise, too! Me (43), the wife (38), and our son (11). This will be our fourth Disney cruise, and the first one that's longer than 4 nights. The wife and I were on the first two Podcast cruises, and then one we took with our son and my mom.

Hi, this is my familys first disney cruise! I will be cruising with my 6 year old son and my husband. Can anyone tell me how to join a fish extender group? They sound like my son would really enjoy them!

Hi, this is my familys first disney cruise! I will be cruising with my 6 year old son and my husband. Can anyone tell me how to join a fish extender group? They sound like my son would really enjoy them!
Sadly, with just over 2 weeks left until we cruise, most FE groups through other sources have been closed. This group never grew to the point to make it feasible to have its own FE groups. For future reference, most cruising groups close their FE registrations anywhere from the PIF date up until a month before sailing, depending on the FE group administrator.

The FE groups are being planned on a very popular (name cannot be mentioned) social media site. If you search the term "Disney Wonder December 27,2018" group you should be added quickly. Go to the announcement page and the first post are links to the Google Docs. There should be two groups that are open still, but hurry because they will be closed soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!