Disney Wonder: 7 Night Mexican Riviera - October 15th, 2017

Hi there! This will be my first Halloween cruise from San Diego and I just joined this thread so I apologize if I am repeating my questions. Two questions:

1.) I read that for those driving to San Diego, we have to park at the Airport. Can anyone give their advice on transportation at the San Diego Airport to SD Port Terminal? Better to take an Uber/Lyft or use Disney's Transportation service? I know it's close, but I'm not sure what is the better option.

2.) Are there costume restrictions other than the obvious "no-no's"? For example, lightsabers acceptable? My husband has a giant Totoro costume he wants to wear but I'm not sure if he can seeing that it is a full body costume and it's big-ish. It's not really "Disney" but it is soft and fluffy lol! He gets a lot of hugs.

We live about 2hrs outside of San Diego and we will be driving down. I've done some research and found a parking lot called Aladdin Airport Parking that offers cruise parking and they have a van service that will take you to the cruise terminal. They have wonderful reviews, and the price is pretty good as well.

I can't remember exactly, but we always do Palo Brunch then we know it won't conflict with any of the dining rooms that we really want to do or with Pirate Night and the brunch menu is much more appealing than dinner to us.

Thank you, I tried to book another day and time, even brunch but its all booked :sad1: I'll try and call and see if they can give me more info, or allow me to cancel. I don't want to chance missing this party it sounds awesome!

1.) I read that for those driving to San Diego, we have to park at the Airport. Can anyone give their advice on transportation at the San Diego Airport to SD Port Terminal? Better to take an Uber/Lyft or use Disney's Transportation service? I know it's close, but I'm not sure what is the better option.
We are staying a night at a nearby hotel before the cruise and they will let us leave the car there for the entire cruise at no additional cost. There are a lot of hotels in the area that offer these packages, they range from around $130 to $200 for the night.

Another good option is to use one of the many cruise parking services in the area, they are cheaper and will assist with your luggage in many cases. Just do a google search for San Diego Cruise Parking.

Or you can pay to park at the port's lots:
https://www.portofsandiego.org/recreation/port-parking-faq.html

Thank you, I tried to book another day and time, even brunch but its all booked :sad1: I'll try and call and see if they can give me more info, or allow me to cancel. I don't want to chance missing this party it sounds awesome!
As I recall, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your dinner time, although they may allow you to cancel without penalty less than that in some cases and as far as brunch, there should be more availability once onboard.

As soon as you get on the ship go to the Palo booking area. The location will be posted on your Navigator. Try and make changes at that time. They are usually pretty good about it. They don't book all of the spots online. Hope this helps.

I booked Palo for me and my husband at 7pm but then I realized that it was on the same day as Pirate Night :sad: what time does the party usually start? I don't want our reservation to over lap into the party. I rather cancel the reservation than miss Pirate Night with my girls. thank you!
I am pretty sure the Pirate party is late and shouldn't be a problem. Ask as soon as you board.

I am pretty sure the Pirate party is late and shouldn't be a problem. Ask as soon as you board.

it looks like the party starts after the second seating for dinner ends around 10pm, according to previous Personal Navigators. But as NonnaJoa said, ask when you board to be sure.

3)username: World_of_Magic4
cabin number:6068
participants' names (gender/age): Linda (female, 68), Martin (Male,29), Nicole (female, 27), Sophia (female, 5)
allergies and other restrictions: None. Except Nicole mango.
favorite characters:
Linda: Snow White
Martin: Aladdin
Nicole: Snow White, Ariel, Belle, jack and sally.
Sophia: Mickey and Minnie, any Disney princess, jack and sally, Marie
I found you Nicole! :mickeyjum:ccat::maleficen

KipperBun could you please correct a cabin # for JnP 2nd cabin in FE group 1? family name Genuth.

Please change from 6044 to 6546.

Thank you,

JnP

KipperBun could you please correct a cabin # for JnP 2nd cabin in FE group 1? family name Genuth.

Please change from 6044 to 6546.

Thank you,

JnP
Consider it done

Hello, Just wanted to confirm we are still going and in group 1...cabin # 7563. Looking forward to it and working on my stuff now. :-)

it looks like the party starts after the second seating for dinner ends around 10pm, according to previous Personal Navigators. But as NonnaJoa said, ask when you board to be sure.
I want to correct my previous statement. I think was wrong. After reading several other threads and re-reading the personal navigators (I must have read them wrong the first time- my apologies), I believe the party is sandwiched between the first and second dinner seatings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts