Disney Wonder 7-night Mexico September 2017

Hi! I just booked our first Disney cruise! We are a family of 6. Three girls and one boy. We are also traveling with my parents, siblings, brother in law and niece and nephew. There will be a total of 14 of us and our first real family vacation! I found out about the fish extender program on Pinterest and I must say it sounds amazing! I'm excited to see everything this cruise has to offer!

Hello, I'm a long time lurker of the DISboars, waiting for an excuse to join in. Now I have one... We booked our first family cruise!

We are a family of 4, and we will be joined by my two brothers. All of us local San Diegans as well. So very excited to be finally taking our two boys on this vacation.

Hi all, We are local San Diegans too! My husband and I are both transplants to SD. I am from Los Angeles... the home of Disneyland (sort of). And my husband is from Orlando... the home of Disney World. (No such thing as coincidences, I say.)

We went on our first cruise in October 2015 out of SD. We loved it so much we rebooked while on board. I was thrilled when I saw the 7-day out of San Diego, so we happily changed our cruising date to 9/14/17.

We are looking forward to joining any fish extender group, and I wouldn't mind volunteering to organize it!

We can't wait!

Yay, more cruisers! We're going to have such a good time, I can't wait!

Tigerlily, you are more than welcome to start the Fish Extender. I ended up being the person who created the thread for our Panama Canal cruise 2 years ago and it worked well to keep updating the first post with links to contacts and events so it didn't get lost in the pages. As we start organizing things, I can add whatever you need to it.

We've done 2 cruises where we did FE and 2 where we didn't. We're still undecided for this one. :)

I believe there is also a group on that F*****k thing that my husband has joined if anyone happens to be on there...

So where do you all live? We're up in Escondido. We've got several other groups that have expressed interest in this cruise but we're not sure how that's going to pan out since none have cruised with Disney before and some aren't even really Disney fans, we just want to vacation together. It's hard not to be all fanatical and start telling them they need to book now and then they should do this and then start thinking about this, blah blah blah. They already think I'm crazy enough :)

We are way south in East Chula Vista. I totally understand the enthusiasm. We are trying to convince the in laws to join us, the more the merrier, right?! We had a blast on our trip with them to Disney World 2 years ago, so why not?

Very interested in the Fish Extender Thing, but this is our first Cruise with Disney & kids... We are not sure what to expect.

We're in! This will be our 6th Disney cruise. We've done one cruise on the Magic, but the rest have all been on the Wonder. Living in Phoenix, we like to take advantage when she's on the west coast! Our first two DCL cruises were week-long Mexican Riviera cruises, and my husband has been hoping they'd offer another 7 night itinerary. With this, he got his wish! :wizard:

We'll want in on the FE, as long as the groups are kept to a decent number of cabins.

I wrote trip reports for our first Mexican Riviera cruise, as well as the one to Baja last year. Both links are in my signature.

We love the Wonder, but we really loved the re-imagined Magic, so I am super excited for the Wonder's upgrades during dry dock this fall! :goodvibes

Hey Everyone, For those have participated in FE groups, what say you regarding the number of cabins per group? I've only participated once, and it was limited to 20 cabins per group. I thought it was okay, but I don't have any other references. Thoughts???

I'm originally from San Jose but moved to SD in 2004. My husband was stationed here when he was in the Navy. We loved it so we decided to stay! My family and I would love participate in the FE! We are a total of 3 cabins. They will be coming from the Bay Area to join us. I will be the only one on this forum so I will relay all information to them. My mom and sister like buying the goodies for the FE but they're not too good with being on these chats! LOL. We're not to sure how it works other than what we've seen on Pinterest so we'd love any information you all may have. Thank you!

Hey Everyone, For those have participated in FE groups, what say you regarding the number of cabins per group? I've only participated once, and it was limited to 20 cabins per group. I thought it was okay, but I don't have any other references. Thoughts???

I like groups to be about 15-20, but not more than 20. Quite honestly, bigger groups can get really expensive! I prefer smaller groups like 15 or 20, and then people can join more than one group if they want. :)

I like groups to be about 15-20, but not more than 20. Quite honestly, bigger groups can get really expensive! I prefer smaller groups like 15 or 20, and then people can join more than one group if they want. :)

I agree. That seems more manageable, then again I have no prior experience. Am I right in thinking we would need to get gifts for all people in the cabin? So that could add up to close to 100 gifts... That's a lot of suitcase space.

I agree. That seems more manageable, then again I have no prior experience. Am I right in thinking we would need to get gifts for all people in the cabin? So that could add up to close to 100 gifts... That's a lot of suitcase space.

The times we have done it, we did one gift for the whole cabin. Occasionally we'll do some little token things for each kid also, like stickers or pencils or something. There are really no rules for FEs unless your group wants to set some. It's whatever you want to give.

We sometimes get something very small for the kids, but we usually do a cabin/family gift, such as a Christmas ornament. If packing space is tight, think of small but appreciated items like magnets, mouse pads, photo frames, or something else flat/compact.

For anyone who needs parking, this was a great option when we cruised out of San Diego last year. It's a quick walk across the street to/from the port. Availability opens up a year in advance, so not there yet. We're getting closer though! :)

This is our first Disney cruise we are so excited!!!! We are a family of five with three girls!!! One is celebrating her thirteenth birthday on the ship!!! We are from Tucson Arizona
How exciting! We were just in Tucson his past weekend visiting relatives. It was beautiful weather. We also stopped to see the dessert museum! Very fun place:-)

This is our first Disney cruise we are so excited!!!! We are a family of five with three girls!!! One is celebrating her thirteenth birthday on the ship!!! We are from Tucson Arizona

Welcome, fellow AZ family! We're in Phoenix, and we also have 3 girls! They'll be 10, 13, and almost 16 when we cruise, so our 13 year olds will possibly meet in Edge.

Our oldest celebrated her birthday on the last Wonder cruise we did. We were in Cabo that day. :) She got a special birthday certificate and button, plus a bunch of servers sang to her at dinner and brought out a special dessert. (You can see pics in my trip report HERE. The birthday pics are on Day 6.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!