Disney Wonder December 7th 2021 - 6-Night Very :santa: Merrytime :santa: (Key West, Castaway Cay)

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
:santa: Hi Everyone :santa:

Figured I would start up a cruise post.

Optimistic that things will be closer back to normal by then and while there might be some restrictions on board hopefully nothing too bad to hamper the enjoyment (maybe limited capacity :thumbsup2).

By the way it might be fun to get an idea of why everyone chose this cruise?
For me it came down to the 3 sea days (we love them) and the experience on the Wonder (thinking of doing a TA/Canal trip in future)

i7s560w7brsn18vb.png

Last edited:
This will be our 2nd cruise ever with the first one being a Merry Time on the Fantasy in 2019. We look forward to exploring the smaller classic ship that everyone raves about as well! While we really got in to the door decorating mood last time I think this time we might choose to join an ornament group or something as well.

No kids with us this time as well as with the youngest being 2 we are going to have them wait it out one more year. They will instead be looking forward to our DVC say in January of 2022.

Hi Everyone! I just booked this cruise for myself, my husband and daughter (will be about 10 days shy of her 4th birthday on the cruise.) My husband and I cruised on the Disney Fantasy in 2015 for our honeymoon. We have wanted to do another ever since!

I chose this cruise for the Castaway Cay stop and the length. We wanted to cruise out of Galveston as we can easily drive from Austin. That it will be a Christmas themed one is a bonus!

This will be our 2nd cruise ever with the first one being a Merry Time on the Fantasy in 2019. We look forward to exploring the smaller classic ship that everyone raves about as well! While we really got in to the door decorating mood last time I think this time we might choose to join an ornament group or something as well.

No kids with us this time as well as with the youngest being 2 we are going to have them wait it out one more year. They will instead be looking forward to our DVC say in January of 2022.
I just recently found my door decorations from our first cruise 😆 An ornament group sounds cool, especially with the holidays! We didn't do the FE last cruise since we flew in and had no kids, but this time I might join one since we're driving and will have a little one who would love it.

I just recently found my door decorations from our first cruise 😆 An ornament group sounds cool, especially with the holidays! We didn't do the FE last cruise since we flew in and had no kids, but this time I might join one since we're driving and will have a little one who would love it.

There might be one that starts up here otherwise I know the facebook groups typically put something together as well. Its a ways off but as more people come around might be a thing.

Also I did come across on our first cruise a "kids only" one where it was specifically targeted to kids.

Ohmygosh. I haven’t fully committed to this cruise yet but I’m fairly sure we will make this out first DCL trip! I have cruised 4 times on Carnival (mostly in my younger days, we’re talking late 80’s here) But the last cruise was to celebrate hubby’s 50th. This cruise will be to celebrate our 20 year anniversary and the sea days and 2 ports are what sold me...of course the Merrytime aspect was a huge plus too. I have watched countless YouTube vlogs and decided the Wonder would be the best fit for us. Our daughter is getting married in 3 months and as soon as that is under our belts I will be ready to commit to this cruise. You don’t think it will be sold out before then, do you? Dh loved the balcony on our last cruise and I already told him that he had to promise to leave it for all the entertainment this time around. He honesty would have never left the room if I didn’t insist!

Ohmygosh. I haven’t fully committed to this cruise yet but I’m fairly sure we will make this out first DCL trip! I have cruised 4 times on Carnival (mostly in my younger days, we’re talking late 80’s here) But the last cruise was to celebrate hubby’s 50th. This cruise will be to celebrate our 20 year anniversary and the sea days and 2 ports are what sold me...of course the Merrytime aspect was a huge plus too. I have watched countless YouTube vlogs and decided the Wonder would be the best fit for us. Our daughter is getting married in 3 months and as soon as that is under our belts I will be ready to commit to this cruise. You don’t think it will be sold out before then, do you? Dh loved the balcony on our last cruise and I already told him that he had to promise to leave it for all the entertainment this time around. He honesty would have never left the room if I didn’t insist!

Our other cruise was during this time. It seems based on timing of being right after Thanksgiving keeps crowds down.

One thing you might see is the pricing slightly going up as rooms start to fill. I wouldn't expect this to fill up but never know with possibly a limitation on total capacity?

One thing as a tip when picking rooms is that it seems the obstructed verandahs require standing to really sea the ocean. If he likes to lounge it likely makes sense to grab a room where its going to be the clear plexiglass. Right now I have a Verandah on deck 6 forward right next to the forward stairs. Its 3 decks up to the pool and 2-3 decks down to the entertainment/adult area (all the adult areas look to be in the forward part of the ship things like restaurants/movie theater will be towards the aft though.

Oh and GOOD LUCK DECIDING!

Our other cruise was during this time. It seems based on timing of being right after Thanksgiving keeps crowds down.

One thing you might see is the pricing slightly going up as rooms start to fill. I wouldn't expect this to fill up but never know with possibly a limitation on total capacity?

One thing as a tip when picking rooms is that it seems the obstructed verandahs require standing to really sea the ocean. If he likes to lounge it likely makes sense to grab a room where its going to be the clear plexiglass. Right now I have a Verandah on deck 6 forward right next to the forward stairs. Its 3 decks up to the pool and 2-3 decks down to the entertainment/adult area (all the adult areas look to be in the forward part of the ship things like restaurants/movie theater will be towards the aft though.

Oh and GOOD LUCK DECIDING!
Looking at deck 6 but maybe closer to midship just because dh has tendencies toward motion sickness. Definitely will start a Bonnie regimen prior to trip! Also, a for sure on the plexiglass balcony railing. Thanks for the tips! We are going to do this most definitely. And I'm already thinking of the cruise to take after this one 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter