Disney World first-timer and first solo trip ever

Hey Emie06 .... My Grand Pa here. OK ~ time to re-plan ... and a hunk more time to save for more happiness at Disney!!! Others have mentioned this and I agree: Go for the Park Hopper. So if you're at AK for the day, but there is a dinner get-together of Solos from the DISBoards that night at Epcot .... Hopper got you covered. The flexibility adds happiness. Take a deep breath ,,,, now let it out slowly. Would you consider staying 7 nights and stay at the Board Walk, or across the lake at Beach Club or Yacht Club? You can WALK to Epcot and to Hollywood Studios / Star Wars. You can take the Monorail from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom. Any investment that gets you MORE time to experience the Magic BTW ~ sweet move on the Tuskar breakfast fr early entry. And I agree with someone(s) up above ... Do a Character breakfast AND the Character Meets & Greets & Pics thru the Memory Maker ,,,,,, but bring your phone/camera with you for the tons of shots that don't have you ~ or for that 1 or 2 AWESOME shots worth asking someone "would you please take my pic?" My first solo was a late June 2018 birthday gift to myself .... so happy to say again: YOU'RE GONNA HAVE FUN

Attachments

• Ricky & Friends.jpg
    Ricky & Friends.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi from another Manitoban and first time solo trip planner! I’ve been feeling the Disney bug lately and I’ve decided to plan a solo trip when possible. I’m also a fellow single female introvert and I think this will be a great trip! I’m new to the boards so I need to do more posts before I can say hi.
Wow! This is amazing! We're like kindred spirits 😄
Planning is already so much fun so yeah I'm pretty sure this trip will be great! Feel free to start a chat with me when you can. And welcome to the boards!

Hey Emie06 .... My Grand Pa here. OK ~ time to re-plan ... and a hunk more time to save for more happiness at Disney!!! Others have mentioned this and I agree: Go for the Park Hopper. So if you're at AK for the day, but there is a dinner get-together of Solos from the DISBoards that night at Epcot .... Hopper got you covered. The flexibility adds happiness. Take a deep breath ,,,, now let it out slowly. Would you consider staying 7 nights and stay at the Board Walk, or across the lake at Beach Club or Yacht Club? You can WALK to Epcot and to Hollywood Studios / Star Wars. You can take the Monorail from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom. Any investment that gets you MORE time to experience the Magic BTW ~ sweet move on the Tuskar breakfast fr early entry. And I agree with someone(s) up above ... Do a Character breakfast AND the Character Meets & Greets & Pics thru the Memory Maker ,,,,,, but bring your phone/camera with you for the tons of shots that don't have you ~ or for that 1 or 2 AWESOME shots worth asking someone "would you please take my pic?" My first solo was a late June 2018 birthday gift to myself .... so happy to say again: YOU'RE GONNA HAVE FUN
Thanks My Grandpa! I went ahead and already booked myself for next year May 31-June 5 at POP. Park hopper option isnt available at this time since park passes is now a thing. But maybe by next year there will be changes and hopefully be back to somewhat normal. I'm definitely gonna try to book Character dinings again and strongly considering memory maker.

UPDATE (5/12/2020): My June 2020 trip has now been officially cancelled. I've been so overly excited about this trip that it broke my heart to cancel everything. :(

However, I am looking into moving my plans to June 2021 (date open to suggestions). The bright side is that it gives me more time to plan and save up more money that maybe I could upgrade my trip!

I very much appreciate all the advise and tips given. I'll keep it in mind in planning my solo trip.

UPDATE (7/29/2020): I'm now booked to go next year, May 31 to June 5. I'll be staying at Pop Century. So I'm looking forward to riding the Skyliner! Hopefully 2021 will be my year to finally visit WDW for the first time.

Cancelled plans suck but more time to save sounds like a great way to spend the time between now and then. Just think how much more incredible the experience will be. And all the souvenirs you can bring back!

Hello! I've always wanted to try travelling solo and I love Disney so I've decided to celebrate my 30th birthday at Disney World!!!

I've been to Disneyland twice with my fam and I LOVED every single second I spent there. But I haven't been to Florida, so that makes me a bit nervous, oh and did I mention that it's my first solo trip as well? Yeah. I am an introvert and a shy person but I want to push myself to get out there and meet new people and make new adventures! Let's call it my "Breaking out of my shell" Trip.

I'm already booked to go this June 1-6 and will be staying on-site at All-Star Music. (I'll be flying in from Manitoba, Canada)

I've been doing some research for my upcoming trip and happened to discover this amazing community. Reading other people's Disney experiences is quite fun.

Here's my plan so far:
Day 1: Arrival + Disney Springs
Day 2: Epcot
Day 3: Magic Kingdom
Day 4: Hollywood Studios
Day 5: Animal Kingdom
Day 6: Departure

I'm a bit scared but mostly excited. I know that more and more people visit DW solo, but what should I expect for my first solo trip? Anything I should prepare myself for? Is it safe? Any tips/advise/recommendations for this "Single-lady-about-to-turn-30-Solo-traveller" will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

UPDATE (5/12/2020): My June 2020 trip has now been officially cancelled. I've been so overly excited about this trip that it broke my heart to cancel everything. :(

However, I am looking into moving my plans to June 2021 (date open to suggestions). The bright side is that it gives me more time to plan and save up more money that maybe I could upgrade my trip!

I very much appreciate all the advise and tips given. I'll keep it in mind in planning my solo trip.

UPDATE (7/29/2020): I'm now booked to go next year, May 31 to June 5. I'll be staying at Pop Century. So I'm looking forward to riding the Skyliner! Hopefully 2021 will be my year to finally visit WDW for the first time.
I may be there solo also celebrating my 60th. I dont know if my husband can get off work as he is starting a new job I get there June 2. I am thinking of having a friend ( a girl) join me but I am not sure yet. It could be a girls trip or solo for me

What night is the solo dinner get together?

Hello! I've always wanted to try travelling solo and I love Disney so I've decided to celebrate my 30th birthday at Disney World!!!

I've been to Disneyland twice with my fam and I LOVED every single second I spent there. But I haven't been to Florida, so that makes me a bit nervous, oh and did I mention that it's my first solo trip as well? Yeah. I am an introvert and a shy person but I want to push myself to get out there and meet new people and make new adventures! Let's call it my "Breaking out of my shell" Trip.

I'm already booked to go this June 1-6 and will be staying on-site at All-Star Music. (I'll be flying in from Manitoba, Canada)

I've been doing some research for my upcoming trip and happened to discover this amazing community. Reading other people's Disney experiences is quite fun.

Here's my plan so far:

I'm a bit scared but mostly excited. I know that more and more people visit DW solo, but what should I expect for my first solo trip? Anything I should prepare myself for? Is it safe? Any tips/advise/recommendations for this "Single-lady-about-to-turn-30-Solo-traveller" will be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Going solo is perfectly safe and can be awesome since you do what you want, when you want. I’m a Florida resident now (Female, 39) and have an annual pass. Sometimes I go with friends/family and sometimes I go alone. If you want a partner in crime one day, let me know; I’m pretty much my own map at most parks, except Hollywood Studios since that is my least favorite, but I’m familiar enough.

I don’t know what it’ll be like in spring, since right now it’s limited capacity, so no Fast Pass and very short lines, which is amazing! If they DO have Fast Passes available 60 days before your stay, I’d recommend Flights of Passage at Animal Kingdom (my favorite ride in all of Disney) and Seven Dwarves Mine Train at Magic Kingdom. Those are the worst lines. Also Peter Pan at Magic Kingdom is usually bad too. Make sure you familiarize yourself with their app; it’s really an amazing tool for booking Fast Passes, making reservations and ordering food in advance. Plus you can see all the wait times for rides. 🤓

Here's my plan so far:

I love this, hope you have the absolute best time!
I’m an introvert too and did a solo trip to Disneyland Paris a few years ago (I live in the UK). I can only imagine the bravery it takes to go to Disneyworld solo.
Sadly I think my group trip next year isn’t going to happen, so I hope I find the courage to go solo like you one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter