Disney World is the best place on earth because ...

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
No where on this earth can you completely let go of your daily lives and truly have a magical vacation like you can at Walt Disney World. From the moment you arrive your life changes for the next week or so. Take money out of the loop if you will. No matter what hotel or resort you stay at, every family finds it magical at all income levels. Dining at Disney is awesome! sure you will find foods that are just okay but you will also find foods that totally blow your mind! Even the "Just okay" foods are marginally better than anything you can get at most restaurants. Drinks you say? I say Disney has the best variety of drinks you can get at ANY vacation destination I can think of. Beer lover? You will be in heaven! So many craft beers you will never be able to try them all! My favorite part of Disney World is everything! Princesses, The Castle, Wild animals, Fireworks every night, All the characters, the rides and shows, the atmosphere. Then there are the shows. You can have Comedy, action, interaction, animation, live performances, desert parties, ride on a pirate ship and watch the fireworks! Need more adventure? Private safari tours, scavenger hunts, private park tours, in room parties! I could go on forever! Disney brings families together and makes lasting memories. Being at disney relieves stress (though it can create its own stress lol) but the daily grind of getting up, driving in bumper to bumper traffic and doing the same job day in and day out is way more stressful. All in all, I made this post because it seems that a lot of people want to go to Disney and then complain about Disney. Even when the worst thing happened to us at Disney (no power at the Contemporary) its still a ton better than every day life. Disney is the best place on earth. Period.

Great post Jimmy Mouse, it really is an alternate reality. Instead of stressing over real life problems your biggest issue is whether you have time for lunch before that next FP and if you should buy that t-shirt now or later when you get to the other park. I'm retired now (and still LOVE WDW) but when I was in a stressful career I always loved the escapism. It's a place where the bad stuff goes away and the storybooks come to life.

I did forget one thing and no, it’s not Dole Whips even though I love them so much I always buy 2 :) Mac n Cheese Hot Dogs! Who would have thought they would taste so good :)

...because there is no other place on Earth where I can truly immerse myself in one, singular magical moment, become a child once again and just... be.

"It's a place where the bad stuff goes away and the storybooks come to life."

I think Micca said it best!!!

I can get better food and drinks in my home town, craft beers and cocktails. I have friends who are Disney fanatics, but they agree with me about the restaurants. I guess it depends where you live.

I can get better food and drinks in my home town, craft beers and cocktails. I have friends who are Disney fanatics, but they agree with me about the restaurants. I guess it depends where you live.
Me too. I live in NOLA. But, there are MANY unDisney like things here. It’s not that the food, drinks are better. It’s that they’re pretty decent AND I can escape reality. Can’t do that here!

You can live in a magical bubble for a week and escape all the bad things going on around the world. That's how I felt this past August. I didn't watch TV or check Facebook etc. The year before we went to Virginia so while "relaxing" by the pool I was still checking in on the world. In Disney I was too busy, although exhausting it was very much needed for me to disconnect. I still light up like a little kid when I see Mickey!

It's fabulous when you find a place that gives such great enjoyment, wherever that may be. Disney doesn't tick all the boxes for us anymore, but happily we've found other places that tick several of the boxes in ways that Disney doesn't even come close.

It's the only place where you can go to the old west, then to space, and everywhere in between. You can travel the world and see the spirit of humanity on display. You can meet princesses and space rangers, people from other times, and other worlds. It's all at your fingertips and you can let your spirit of wonder take flight. It is a gift to to the world from a man with a great vision and I will forever appreciate it.

Honestly, WDW is an awesome place, but it is one of the least relaxing places I’ve ever been. Escape from reality? Not while being overrun by throngs of tourists pushing, shoving, crying, screaming, and ramming strollers en route to a 90 minute que.

If you’ve ever experienced true wilderness, with no Highway sounds, no planes overhead, no people at all - THAT is what I call an escape.

Disney is a great, fun place to get away. But it is far from the best place on earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter