Disneyland All-American College Band Experience

carlymcqueen

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'll be attending Millersville University's Music School for music ed and I plan on auditioning for the Disneyland All-American College Band next time auditions roll around (looks like February?). I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with auditions or being in the band itself. I am a percussion major and an experienced bass drummer in my school's marching band, so I'm hoping for a percussion spot. Please please let me know of any experiences!

OMG-I can't believe I finally found someone interested in this! DS did it in 2005, the year of the 50th anniversary. Auditioning is pretty competitive-he auditioned 3 times before he got it. When he got off the plane that first day, his counselor, who met him, said "Get ready for the summer of your life!" and he was definitely right. Thirteen years later DS is a freelance musician in NYC and he's used so many of the things he learned that summer about performing before a crowd. And having his participation in the Disney All-American College Band looks good on the resume and helps open many doors. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to show off some pictures and maybe give you a little incentive to audition-

OMG-I can't believe I finally found someone interested in this! DS did it in 2005, the year of the 50th anniversary. Auditioning is pretty competitive-he auditioned 3 times before he got it. When he got off the plane that first day, his counselor, who met him, said "Get ready for the summer of your life!" and he was definitely right. Thirteen years later DS is a freelance musician in NYC and he's used so many of the things he learned that summer about performing before a crowd. And having his participation in the Disney All-American College Band looks good on the resume and helps open many doors. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to show off some pictures and maybe give you a little incentive to audition-

thank you for this! I'm so glad he had such a great experience. I'm not expecting to get in on the first audition, which is why I want to start auditioning asap. I'm really excited!

I have a son working at Cedar Point this summer and I would encourage you to audition there as well. I know they have entertainment auditions in PA. Their housing is about $6 a day, and entertainers have their own housing. (My son is in ride ops). One job could lead to another...

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!