Disneyland and Tokyo Sea fast passes, restaurants?

eebuckeye

Mouseketeer
A couple questions please - we will be at the parks near the beginning of October!

- Which rides are the most desired at each part? i.e. the ones I need to get at rope drop?
- I will not have a way to book restaurants before the trip - is it usually possible to get the restaurants you want the day of your visit? We are staying at Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay.

Thanks!

At DL, I’d guess Monsters and the Pooh. At DS, Midway Mania and Journey.

From experience, Tower of Terror has been harder to get fast passes for than Journey. My routine is usually rope drop, fast pass at Tower of Terror, walk to Journey and ride. Two hours later, Journey fast passes are still available while TOT will be on its last fast passes or completely done distributing.

For the restaurants, line up for 10am at the restaurant you want and inquire about dining reservations that day. I did that last January for the now closed Sailing Day Buffet and I only waited 5 minutes to do my reservation at the time I wanted. When I returned at 13:30, there was a near hour wait in "standby" to get in the restaurant and I walked right to the front.

- I will not have a way to book restaurants before the trip - is it usually possible to get the restaurants you want the day of your visit? We are staying at Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay.

You can book the restaurants by calling TDR. They do have an English language reservation phone number.

Disneyland: Pooh & Monsters Inc
DisneySea: Toy Story & Nemo

Those four - especially Toy Story - are the ones you want to grab at park opening. Toy Story in Japan is mostly identical to Toy Story in the US parks, so if you're familiar with that ride, you can skip it.

You are staying at an official partner hotel & you can book restaurants starting 30 days in advance. Call 81-45-330-5711 between 10 AM & 6 PM JST and ask for an English-speaking CM.

Disneyland: Monsters and Pooh. Assuming there is no Welcome Greeting and both rides are operating, I like to turn right at the World Bazaar and grab Monsters FP then dash over to ride Pooh.

DisneySea: Toy Story Mania. If you aren't heading here at gate open, you will wait over 100 minutes. Journey is usually the second FP to run out but Tower of Terror can sometimes be popular. Check the return times and wait times online to see which one to grab as your 2nd FP.

Disneyland: Monsters and Pooh. Assuming there is no Welcome Greeting and both rides are operating, I like to turn right at the World Bazaar and grab Monsters FP then dash over to ride Pooh.

DisneySea: Toy Story Mania. If you aren't heading here at gate open, you will wait over 100 minutes. Journey is usually the second FP to run out but Tower of Terror can sometimes be popular. Check the return times and wait times online to see which one to grab as your 2nd FP.
+1 for turn right at World Bazaar.

I skip Toy Story at Disney Sea. Journey is amazing.

For those saying "Turn right at World Bazaar" do you mean go inside the covered building and turn right INSIDE the building, or something different? I've been looking at the map but we will have only 1 day in each park and I don't want to mess this up.

For those saying "Turn right at World Bazaar" do you mean go inside the covered building and turn right INSIDE the building, or something different? I've been looking at the map but we will have only 1 day in each park and I don't want to mess this up.

Turn right at the intersection inside the covered building. Once you exit into Tomorrowland, you should see FP for Monster Inc. Then continue on to hit up Fantasyland in the first hour.

If the gates open 10ish minutes before scheduled park opening for Welcome Greeting, I would advise rope dropping Fantasyland instead of waiting for Tomorrowland to open. Wait at the rope to the right of the castle to grab Pooh FP then hit up the other Fantasyland rides.

We just got back from TDR last week. Agree with what everyone said above. Also want to add that Haunted Mansion is very popular right now due to the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. I was also surprised how long the waits for Splash Mountain were.

We just got back from TDR last week. Agree with what everyone said above. Also want to add that Haunted Mansion is very popular right now due to the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. I was also surprised how long the waits for Splash Mountain were.
Is it true that you don't really get wet on Splash Mountain?

I'm not sure....we didn't actually ride Splash Mountain ourselves. I didn't see anyone too wet in the park though!
I read on Tom Bricker's blog that you don't get wet on Japan's Splash Mountain. I hope that's true because I get soaked at WDW.

Splash Mountain has a single rider line. We rode it multiple times in the summer and did not get wet. Maybe a few splashes.

Splash Mountain has a single rider line. We rode it multiple times in the summer and did not get wet. Maybe a few splashes.
Thanks! That's good to know. I don't like getting soaked at the one in WDW, but I love the ride.

Thanks! That's good to know. I don't like getting soaked at the one in WDW, but I love the ride.

In my opinion Tokyo has by far the best version of it. It is definitely in my favorite top five attractions worldwide.

What do you like about it?

First of all it is in perfect shape. The figures look so soft and cuddly! And it seems brighter and more colorful than the others. I think it has more scenes and they are more densely packed. I think WDW's Splash is far better than DL's but Tokyo is not a huge step up from WDW, but still noticable. I also like the setting of it and Grandma Sara's Restaurant next to it is a lovely extension of the general theme. Oh and there is a food stall close to the exit where we had a great shaved ice treat and a lovely break!

First of all it is in perfect shape. The figures look so soft and cuddly! And it seems brighter and more colorful than the others. I think it has more scenes and they are more densely packed. I think WDW's Splash is far better than DL's but Tokyo is not a huge step up from WDW, but still noticable. I also like the setting of it and Grandma Sara's Restaurant next to it is a lovely extension of the general theme. Oh and there is a food stall close to the exit where we had a great shaved ice treat and a lovely break!
Sounds awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!