Disneyland Canadian offer ticket refund or name change?

tlcdoula

DIS Veteran
We were planning on doing halloween at Disneyland but now I don’t think it will be possible for a couple of us even if the border is open.

has anyone been able to get a refund on the Canadian ticket purchase or been able to change the name attached to the Disney ticket? if I could change the name attached to the ticket I could pay them for it and use it at a later day.

We have the same issues as well. We bought three day passes , and we want refunds as well. My wife phoned last week as was told no refunds period! I’ll try next week. I heard people have received refunds, it depends who you talk to. Good luck.

Assuming this is common knowledge, but DL extended the expiration date on these tickets by a year to Dec.16, 2021.

We have the same issues as well. We bought three day passes , and we want refunds as well. My wife phoned last week as was told no refunds period! I’ll try next week. I heard people have received refunds, it depends who you talk to. Good luck.
Update:

My wife phoned Disney again today and talked to a more sympathetic cast member.
She (Disney), put in a request for a refund. If we don’t see it show up on our credit card in 2-3 weeks, we phone back. It’s looking better now.

Assuming this is common knowledge, but DL extended the expiration date on these tickets by a year to Dec.16, 2021.

Same thing for Disney World, but the expiry date was only extended to September 26, 2021. I wonder why Disney decided to extend DL to Dec, but DW to only Sept. Not that it matters in my case, we've tentatively rescheduled our DW trip from August 2020 to August 2021, so an extension to September is fine.

Last edited:
Same thing for Disney World, but the expiry date was only extended to September 26, 2021. I wonder Disney decided to extend DL to Dec, but DW to only Sept. Not that it matters in my case, we've tentatively rescheduled our DW trip from August 2020 to August 2021, so an extension to September is fine.
I wouldn't be surprised if the September date is because the 50th anniversary will start on October 1st. There's 10 days between the 21st of September until that day so I'm thinking that's the reason.

Same thing for Disney World, but the expiry date was only extended to September 26, 2021. I wonder why Disney decided to extend DL to Dec, but DW to only Sept. Not that it matters in my case, we've tentatively rescheduled our DW trip from August 2020 to August 2021, so an extension to September is fine.
We rescheduled our Aug 2020 to Aug 2021 too. I noticed our Canadian tix were extended so works for us too.

Update:

My wife phoned Disney again today and talked to a more sympathetic cast member.
She (Disney), put in a request for a refund. If we don’t see it show up on our credit card in 2-3 weeks, we phone back. It’s looking better now.

Any tips on what worked / didn't work? Or was it just a matter of who you spoke with? I was planning on a visit at spring break, delayed it to the summer, and am resigned to not being able to go until later next year due to kids' changing school and work commitments. Since we bought the tickets back in February, it's a long time to keep so much money tied up, but I don't know if that's a compelling reason or not.

I would really push the fact that you have all that money tied up, and that you could really use the money now. Being a international traveller plays into this fact too. We haven’t received our money... good luck

Can you please share the number you called?
We bought one ticket for a friend who will never be able to use it now -- I bought it, but it's in his name. I'd be pleased just to have the funds transferred for our AP renewal.

The number is : 1-888-939-6397, Guest Services & Ticket Sales.
Depending on you talk too, you might have to keep phoning.
The first time, the CM was of no use, these were the rules etc.. , wasn’t sympathetic at all.
Second time, yield better results. She put in a request for a refund. She told us if it wasn’t back on our credit card in three weeks, phone back.
Just under the three week mark it showed up! Bonus too, due to the fluctuations in the USA/CDN dollar we made $6.00 on each ticket.
Hope this helps.

The number is : 1-888-939-6397, Guest Services & Ticket Sales.
Depending on you talk too, you might have to keep phoning.
The first time, the CM was of no use, these were the rules etc.. , wasn’t sympathetic at all.
Second time, yield better results. She put in a request for a refund. She told us if it wasn’t back on our credit card in three weeks, phone back.
Just under the three week mark it showed up! Bonus too, due to the fluctuations in the USA/CDN dollar we made $6.00 on each ticket.
Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch. I hadn't seen a toll-free number before.
We have cancelled three Disney vacations so far this year (DVC). This is the only one where we purchased an additional ticket.

I had some Cdn discounted 7 day parkhoppers for this September. They were extended until September 2021 but I had no problem getting a full refund. I called last Monday night at 10:45 pm and was able to get right through. Refund was on my credit card on Friday. The WDW number I called was 407-566-4985

I was able to get a credit for one of our Disneyland tickets, the cast member was great. I just explained that we had a member in our party who would not be able to travel with us when we re schedule. She had to get it authorized by her supervisor but it only took her a few mins. Now to deal with west jet lol I don't think this will be as easy

I was able to get a credit for one of our Disneyland tickets, the cast member was great. I just explained that we had a member in our party who would not be able to travel with us when we re schedule. She had to get it authorized by her supervisor but it only took her a few mins. Now to deal with west jet lol I don't think this will be as easy

Are you trying to get a refund with WestJet or just credits? I havent heard of any cases for refunds with the airline, except if you were traveling to Europe :( We were quite happy to take credits, but we have a stupid amount now :p

Are you trying to get a refund with WestJet or just credits? I havent heard of any cases for refunds with the airline, except if you were traveling to Europe :( We were quite happy to take credits, but we have a stupid amount now :p
I would love a refund but I don't see that happening, The biggest issue is one ticket is in another persons name but I paid for the ticket. I am hoping that they can apply the credit to my west jet account. I spent over 3 hours on hold yesterday and finally gave up. I will try again today and see if it is any better. Maybe they are extra busy due to the smoke from all the fires.

I would love a refund but I don't see that happening, The biggest issue is one ticket is in another persons name but I paid for the ticket. I am hoping that they can apply the credit to my west jet account. I spent over 3 hours on hold yesterday and finally gave up. I will try again today and see if it is any better. Maybe they are extra busy due to the smoke from all the fires.
Are you on Twitter??? I've gone through private conversations there with WestJet for all my questions and refund (credit) needs and I'm a travel agent ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter