Disneyland for holiday time and Merry Christmas time cruise. Let the fun begin.

AussieNSW

Mouseketeer
I can't believe I am doing this again so soon. Last year we went to WDW for Nye and a cruise.
This year we have had a difficult year and I was looking through the Sunday paper and saw some great deals return to LAX.
I Just mentioned it to hubby and jokingly said wouldn't it be cool to run away to Disneyland for a few weeks before Christmas and just have fun and be silly.
He said it would but I can't get time off work. I naturally said no problem it was only a silly idea.
The next week he said are those flights still cheap if they are take the 2 kids and go have some fun. I don't mind you are the Disney Christmas nut in the household.
I felt a bit funny about it but he assured me he would be busy at work and with doing our Christmas light display( it is his hobby) and wouldn't mind the peace.
So in 3 days time we are flying out arriving for the first day of the Christmas season.
We are also going to be flying down to Florida for a 4 day merry Christmas time cruise. We have been on Disney cruises before but never on a Christmas themed one.

Wow! Wish I could do that. My husband won't go on a cruise. He's told me to take the kids and go without him, but I just couldn't.
Keep us updated. Sounds so exciting.

We are back. I have been laying low for the last week as I got home and the next day got the flu. This means I am running behind on my family's Christmas preparations. Luckily I did some shopping at the Black Friday sales.
Just a few quick opinions at the moment from our family
Yes to the following
ESPN in downtown Disney ( it was great on our arrival day)
World of colour dessert party
PTN Aladin's meal ( we actually had ours for lunch)
Disney's thanksgiving harvest meal at Disneyland hotel
Disney merry time cruise ( 4 days dream)
NFL at Nashville
NO to the following
Disneys holiday tour in the park

I thought I would just give a little bit of information at the moment and will add as I get a chance.

Hi AussieNSW

Would love to hear more about your trip. DH has agreed to a trip to Disneyland in December (Hawaii first as the DDs have been asking, and asking about going to Hawaii) so I was kind of interested in how you found the weather in California at that time of the year?

Last time I was in California in December was 20 years ago and my memory was that the days were nice, but the evenings and morning could be cold.

Hi AussieNSW

Would love to hear more about your trip. DH has agreed to a trip to Disneyland in December (Hawaii first as the DDs have been asking, and asking about going to Hawaii) so I was kind of interested in how you found the weather in California at that time of the year?

Last time I was in California in December was 20 years ago and my memory was that the days were nice, but the evenings and morning could be cold.
Good question about the weather. We are going nov/dec and would love to know also.
It sounds like such an exciting time of year to go I can't wait :stitch:

I was actually surprised at how warm it was. We were regularly swimming in the hotels pool and it was pleasant. We toughed it out in the morning when it was a touch chilly and some evenings we need a jumper and purchased one in the park. To put it into perspective we live in Sydney and I hate the cold. I was kind of wanting it to be a bit colder it felt to similar to home. I wanted to have hot chocolates and enjoy them because I was really cold. It did actually rain they had been having a drought for a few years and rain was very strange. Even though it was not cold I still loved the hot chocolate just be aware it was really hot but yummy. I also fell in love with perpermint bark made with semi sweet chocolate and potato soup from carnation cafe.

Thanks AussieNSW, I love the heat so was a little apprehensive about giving up 3 weeks of Australian summer for US winter, but sounds like it won't be too bad :) Plus the chance to see all the Christmas decorations was too good to say no to :santa:

Will pack a few jumpers and maybe a beanie - just in case..............

That's great to hear you were still swimming in the hotel pool, I hope it will be the same for us when we get there.

We've always had a great time in Las Vegas. Our DDs are fascinated by the hotels (so am I to be honest) the size and theme, last time we stayed at the Paris hotel, at DDs request.

Your going to have a great time.

Where are you going in California? (If you don't mind me asking)

We've always had a great time in Las Vegas. Our DDs are fascinated by the hotels (so am I to be honest) the size and theme, last time we stayed at the Paris hotel, at DDs request.

Your going to have a great time.

Where are you going in California? (If you don't mind me asking)
I know I can't wait.
We are doing 8 nights in Anaheim which includes a day trip to San Diego zoo, then Vegas and then LA. Unfortunately we had to decided between 3 nights in Vegas or 3 nights in San Diego as we won't have enough time to do both, and my husband and teens really wanted to see Vegas so that's what we will do.
Im looking forward to all the shopping in Vegas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!