Disneyland Hit by Another Closure

Kennywood

Kennywood
1710871545277.png

Disneyland has shut down another area of its world-famous theme park as it undergoes extensive renovations.

Disney's park in Anaheim, California, announced Monday that Critter Country will temporarily close on May 1 to help make space for construction on Tiana's Bayou Adventure, a redo of the classic Splash Mountain ride based on the film The Princess and the Frog.

"Teams are working hard to bring Tiana's Bayou Adventure to life, and we're continuing to invest in the improvement of overall pathways and surrounding areas to help provide a great guest experience when the attraction opens," Disney said in a statement.

The new renovation will include a reworked gift shop called Ray's Berets, which will replace the current Briar Patch, with Disney saying in a press release it "will be the best place for guests to shop for headwear, apparel, accessories, toys and more."

"Teams are working hard to bring Tiana's Bayou Adventure to life, and we're continuing to invest in the improvement of overall pathways and surrounding areas to help provide a great guest experience when the attraction opens," Disney said in a statement.

The new renovation will include a reworked gift shop called Ray's Berets, which will replace the current Briar Patch, with Disney saying in a press release it "will be the best place for guests to shop for headwear, apparel, accessories, toys and more."

Pooh Corner will be replaced by Louis' Critter Club, another gift store to find apparel, accessories, home decor and more featuring characters from The Princess and the Frog.

"Tiana's Bayou Adventure will take guests on musical adventures... with Princess Tiana and alligator through the bayou as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind celebration during Mardi Gras season where everyone is welcome," Disney said in a press release.

The latest closure comes amid a flurry of construction and closures at the Californian park.

The iconic Haunted Mansion closed indefinitely on January 21 to add some new additions, but some Disney fans speculated it would reopen in time for Halloween in October.

Disneyland's refurbishment comes as part of Disney's wider plans to invest $60 billion in its theme parks and cruise line divisions over the next 10 years.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ne...1&cvid=7ced7d360a7e4d71d682b5a8ae186bf6&ei=16

Pooh Corner will be replaced by Louis' Critter Club, another gift store to find apparel, accessories, home decor and more featuring characters from The Princess and the Frog.

This makes more more sad than I like to admit. So long, Tigger Tails and cute decor...
:sad:

Oh its just the left side.... theyre leaving the treat side alone. As you were...

Last edited:
When Bear Country debuted in the 70's as Disneyland's first new "land" who would've thought that Bear Country would be a welcome addition to Disneyland and would be a fan favorite for years to come. But when it was announced that Bear Country would be getting a new image fans were surprised and shocked because Bear Country was a favorite land and when Critter Country debuted in 1989 fans were surprised at this new image because the familiar Bear Country that everyone grew up with had gotten an updated image and with the addition of Splash Mountain later on Critter Country was known as the popular land. Why I think Disneyland is removing the Winnie The Pooh sections and shop is because I think Disneyland is gonna move the Winnie The Pooh shop to Fantasyland where they will also have a new Winnie The Pooh Meet And Greet area there as well. But why Disneyland is adding the new The Princess And The Frog theme shops is because not only does it go with the Tiana's Bayou Adventure ride but possibly due to the new Tiana animated series on Disney+ premiering soon and I think Disney will also release The Princess And The Frog in a new special edition on Blu-Ray and DVD. And I think that Disneyland will add a Louis and Tiana and Prince Naveen Meet And Greet area and Critter Country will be renamed Tiana's World. I think Disney wants to promote more of the other The Princess And The Frog characters because it's about time Louis makes a comeback to meet and greets and give Tiana more time in the spotlight

I think Pooh Corner will be staying thankfully, but that left half will be re-themed to fit the new ride. I'm pretty bummed though because my family will be going to Disney on the 19th-21st of May. I doubt Winnie The Pooh will be open by that point. My son LOVES Pooh, so it'll be a pretty big bummer if the ride and meet n greets are still closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter