Disneyland: Home Edition

mouschievous

DIS Veteran
Wednesday was supposed to be our first day in the parks 😭 Since we can't go, I want to do some things at home. If I'm honest, I mostly want to wear my ears and eat Disney food 😄 I have the Cafe du Monde beignet mix already, and I was thinking of attempting Tigger tails. What else? Monte Cristo? Dole Whip? Overpriced Coke? 😜

If you were going to do Disneyland at home, what would you do/make/eat/watch/wear?

I would buy some Tio Pepe churros, make stove-top Pop Secret popcorn, and listen to a few music playlists. There's a Norms restaurant near me and their garlic parmesan fries taste similar to the ones in Cafe Orleans.

I would buy some Tio Pepe churros, make stove-top Pop Secret popcorn, and listen to a few music playlists. There's a Norms restaurant near me and their garlic parmesan fries taste similar to the ones in Cafe Orleans.
🤤🤤🤤 over those fries!

I have, thank you! I have them bookmarked 😊

I think I've decided to make one Disney food each day that we were supposed to be on our trip.

Wednesday was supposed to be our first day in the parks 😭 Since we can't go, I want to do some things at home. If I'm honest, I mostly want to wear my ears and eat Disney food 😄 I have the Cafe du Monde beignet mix already, and I was thinking of attempting Tigger tails. What else? Monte Cristo? Dole Whip? Overpriced Coke? 😜

If you were going to do Disneyland at home, what would you do/make/eat/watch/wear?

Thank you for this thread! Our trip, then rescheduled trips were cancelled over and over until we realized our last trip for the beginning of October probably would not happen asked for refund on our APs, set our sites on a trip for October 2021 and started making and eating Disney foods when ever we can. On Youtube, there is a great Disneyland play list that runs for 3 hours, 52 minutes that starts at the main gate and works it's way thru the park clockwise.
The foods we make/create are: Oscar's Baked Potato Soup (hard to get motivated to make this when we have days over 110 degrees or higher.
Macaroons
Chocolate covered pretzels
Carnation Cafe French Fries (homemade fries with seasonings)
Ice cream for breakfast
Some of the handmade candies from Candy Palace (coconut squares, peanut butter squares, caramel apples, cake pops, toffee, rice krispy treats)
Tomato soup and grilled cheese (again hard to have when it is so hot)
BBQ skewers
Tasting a few teas with finger sandwiches, lemon curd and scones
Last night we had breakfast for dinner which was styled after Carnation Cafe's breakfast (fried potatoes with peppers and onions, eggs to order, sausage, bacon and to welcome in "fall" we turned the air down to 78, pumpkin doughnut holes ...this recipe was really good.)

I am looking for Pear-O-Dice drink recipe. I am hoping with the coming new year, we are all blessed in every facet of our lives, Disneyland opens up and we are able to have a great trip, or two, or three, or......

ooooh, a tea party at home, great idea!!

@azdisneylover , are there specific recipes you are using for any of these Disney treats?

Oh yes. I will be glad to post the recipes for anyone who would want it. I make toffee every year to give for Christmas gifts. I will gather my recipes and post what I can, and give links to where I got some recipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!