Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier... and why

I was diagnosed with it in the 70s. That was fun.
....wow. It was pretty bad as for selection of food and places to eat 15 years ago. I cannot begin to even imagine what it was like in the 70's! :earseek:

....wow. It was pretty bad as for selection of food and places to eat 15 years ago. I cannot begin to even imagine what it was like in the 70's! :earseek:

My brother had a dairy allergy (now outgrown) at the same time. My poor mother.

....my DH was diagnosed almost 15 years ago....GF has come a long way since then. My niece was diagnosed almost 6 years ago. When she first was diagnosed, her mom would say stupid things like, "Oh she was 'good' all week [meaning stayed away from gluten]....she can have a little today." WHAT???? Talk about ignorance...
Yeah, since we were diagnosed 6 years ago, we've run into all kinds of misconceptions. However, we've kind of evolved to just smiling and explaining briefly if they're interested, and more in depth if they start questioning us. Otherwise just let it go. Often when servers ask if it's an allergy (meaning, how sensitive are you, should I inform the cook to change utensils and gloves, etc.) we'll just say, "Yes," because they get the gist of the severity then. That said, we all have different levels of sensitivity. My oldest DD 23 is pretty sensitive, can't do shared fryers, utensils etc., will start barfing within the hour. The younger two are not quite that bad-- they might get stomach achey for a day or two. I am not diagnosed celiac (negative biopsy though blood was a faint positive) but considered sensitive, and DH has become sensitive after 6 years of going GF in solidarity with us-- but we don't have much of a problem with cross contamination.

My brother had a dairy allergy (now outgrown) at the same time. My poor mother.
....wow...she really must have had some time figuring what to prepare for dinners....my youngest recently developed a sensitivity to dairy, so he stays away from those products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter