Disneyland Paris Half 2017

Did anyone do the photopass of the run and parks? My run photos are up but no park photos. Also, I cannot figure out how to download/order the run photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
They have my 10k pictures up but not the half. I did not see any characters or photographers in the parks so I thought adding the photopass for the parks was a complete waste of money :sad2:

I'm also having the hardest time trying to create an account on the Disney Paris photopass website. My "confirm password" and "street address" tabs keep getting erased and I get the error message "aucune correspondance trouvee le nom ________ et le dossard" which I believe translates to "no matches found the name _______ and the bib number." What the......?:sad:

I have a few pictures from the finish area of the half, all with huge watermarks all over them... nothing from the "+Parks" portion yet.

I sent an email about the watermarks through the RD Photopass site, and asked about the absence of the Park photos as well... The park photos should be the easiest part. After we did a Character Meet with Darth Vader, they pulled up all our photos to be sure that the DV pictures were there... they weren't at first, but soon popped up... in the meantime we were able to see ALL the other photos that we had linked to the PhotoPass Card we were given. It was a relief to see that there were, indeed, linked to the card... I can see that card's PhotoPass number is linked to my account (along with the bib numbers), so it should be simple to have at least all those photos posted by now...

I'm trying to be patient, since it sounds like we're already seeing more photos, sooner than they did last year.

So, I have two pictures of the following bibs : 15013 /15014, it's the finish picture with the 5K medal. If you have that bibs numbers, please let me know.

Also, I am trying to find the bib of the finish 5K medal for the following bib 12453, if anyone has it please let me know the photo number so I can contact the photo service, thanks.

They have my 10k pictures up but not the half. I did not see any characters or photographers in the parks so I thought adding the photopass for the parks was a complete waste of money :sad2:

I'm also having the hardest time trying to create an account on the Disney Paris photopass website. My "confirm password" and "street address" tabs keep getting erased and I get the error message "aucune correspondance trouvee le nom ________ et le dossard" which I believe translates to "no matches found the name _______ and the bib number." What the......?:sad:
i'm getting the same issue as well. at least now all of the pictures show up, the pre/post race photos, the during race photos, and my park photos show up with the watermarks. not able to register though....

Did you use the correct name for the bib number that was attached to the photopass ? Also, you can translate the page there is a little flag (france)/(uk) on the right top corner.

Did you use the correct name for the bib number that was attached to the photopass ? Also, you can translate the page there is a little flag (france)/(uk) on the right top corner.
Yep, started the page in English. I put in my photopass code to see my pictures with the watermarks. When trying to register, it already autopopulated my bib number, and put in the rest of my information. Also tried swapping first and last names to see if that was an issue. Still no luck.

Yep, started the page in English. I put in my photopass code to see my pictures with the watermarks. When trying to register, it already autopopulated my bib number, and put in the rest of my information. Also tried swapping first and last names to see if that was an issue. Still no luck.

I have the same problem. I see only my 5k photos but i can't register or login to add challenge photos or download. And this morning i received an email that my park photopass photos will expire on october 12th. I already sent them an email yesterday but still no reply.

Dont worry with expiration date, it's the one from last year, I got an email too.

I have them all, and the only one I miss for sure is the princesses & princes from the half marathon.

I finally got it to let me register! The trick is to register FIRST, before looking up your bib or any photos. Just go to the site and straight to the Register tab at the top (https://www.run.disneyphotopass.eu/customer/account/create/). Create your account, log in and THEN look up your bib. Worked like a charm after I struggled for days doing the bib first. I was also then able to add bibs for my family members and get all of their photos, too.

It is a little confusing what to do next, but essentially you select all your photos (or those you want), add to the cart, check out (it recognizes if you have a pass and charges you zero, not requiring payment info). You'll then get an email with a link to download the photos. WAY too many steps, but I finally have all of our photos!

I finally got it to let me register! The trick is to register FIRST, before looking up your bib or any photos. Just go to the site and straight to the Register tab at the top (https://www.run.disneyphotopass.eu/customer/account/create/). Create your account, log in and THEN look up your bib. Worked like a charm after I struggled for days doing the bib first. I was also then able to add bibs for my family members and get all of their photos, too.

It is a little confusing what to do next, but essentially you select all your photos (or those you want), add to the cart, check out (it recognizes if you have a pass and charges you zero, not requiring payment info). You'll then get an email with a link to download the photos. WAY too many steps, but I finally have all of our photos!
Thanks for the info! I'll have to try that!

I was also really surprised and annoyed by the amount of pushing and shoving there was during the race itself. The one that I got the most annoyed with was one of the runners who was with one of the wheelchair runners, who actually stuck his hand on my shoulder from behind me and pushed me out of the way - not hard, but enough to give me a shock and make me stumble.

It didn't happen to me this year, but I had a similar experience twice last year. I understand that they are moving as a group and it's difficult for them to stop or change pace and it could be dangerous to find an obstacle as the person they're transporting may fall down. And I appreciate they do it for good causes.
However I find them increadibly dangerous and I would much prefer them to be banned. I think they're popular just in France, I've never seen them in the US races.

A part from that, I found this year half great from all point of views. There has been a 1000% improvement in the course from last year. Just over a third was in the areas out of the parks, the majority was in the parks or back stage. I think we run in all the lands in both parks, it's absolutely impossible to improve park time. Arrival in the studios near the tower of terror was fantastic.
I'm already planning for next year race. If only they could make buying the bib only easier...

For those of you that were at the 2017 DP event:

Was there a time restriction for the half marathon?
What would you do differently if you went back in 2018? Why?
What would you do the same? Why?
What do you now know that you wish you knew going through the registration process last year? From the postings I can tell it was a mess.
If you used a travel agent, what did you like/not like? If you booked directly with DP?

Thinking about heading over there this fall to get the Castle-Chateau medal since I'll be completing the half at WDW in January. I would have put it off until 2019, but my husband would rather I do it this year (he has the idea that my body might not be able to handle the training abuse for another 18 months).

Thanks your letting me pick your brains.

You have to do a 16 minute mile if I remember

I'd probably train a bit more, I also did it in 2016 and said the same so probably I probably won't change anything

Wear a stupid costume, otherwise what's the point. I hate running.

What do you now know that you wish you knew going through the registration process last year? From the postings I can tell it was a mess.

It's a nightmare if you want to get the kids races or the 5k, they tend to sell out quickly, the half and 10k were on sale until a few weeks before the event

If you used a travel agent, what did you like/not like? If you booked directly with DP?

I stay at a partner hotel and book tickets directly, I've not used a travel agent as part of the fun of Disney is booking it

Thinking about heading over there this fall to get the Castle-Chateau medal since I'll be completing the half at WDW in January. I would have put it off until 2019, but my husband would rather I do it this year (he has the idea that my body might not be able to handle the training abuse for another 18 months).

I think the time restriction was the same at the US races (16min/mile).

IF I was going back this year, I'd get more park time in before the races. DLP was quiet on Friday, but super busy on Saturday and Sunday. I'd also lower my expectations for the entire weekend. The race courses and support were amazing, but everything else about the weekend and parks was sub-par. I'll probably do the race weekend, but not for a few years.

I booked early in the Spring through a travel agent. I'm pretty sure it was more expensive, but they made everything super easy.

I was there and did the 10K and Half. My mom and aunt did the 5K. I was also there to earn my Castle to Chateau!

Same as the US - 16 minute mile, timed from the last person who crosses the start line.

I agree with @MRL214 about getting more park time in before the weekend hits. I had been to DLP a few times before, but my mom and aunt were a little shortchanged on park time because it was SO crowded after the races! I have never had a problem knocking out what I wanted at both parks in a single day, but there's no way I could've done that this trip unless it was before Friday.

We flew in, arriving Friday morning. I'd get there on Wednesday or Thursday for a little more time to acclimate (especially if doing the 5K Friday evening) and for more park time. I'd still go to the expo Friday instead of opening day, though. The lines were still long and it still took forever to get everything when we went, even though it wasn't very crowded.

We stayed at a Marriott Vacation Club property in Marnee la Valee and rented a car for the DLP part of the trip. I'd do that again. Driving was easy, parking was easy and we were able to be on our own schedule and away from the crazy a bit.

We put the races on the front of a Paris trip, moving into the city on Sunday afternoon and ditching the car. I'd still do that for sure.

I did bib only registration and it was a bit of a mess. It took FOREVER for them to announce, and we only had a few days notice before registration opened. It was also only a few months out from the race, so our travel plans were made without guarantee of us getting in. I was traveling in a remote area and had to be in a certain place when registration started to get in. The system didn't work! After several hours of people trying, they finally announced they were postponing registration. Then they sent an email that night saying it would be the next morning. That time it did work, though it was very slow. My mom ended up registering for me, and for herself, and they ended up with her 5K under my name. The only way to contact anyone was via email, which they took weeks to respond to. Once they caught up, things were handled, but communication was spotty and it was nerve-racking being so close to the event itself.

Did not use a TA because I have stayed at the DLP hotels before and was underwhelmed. I used Marriott points for a nearby hotel and it was wonderful and easy with the rental car. We were also able to play by ear the park tickets and decide on the fly if we wanted to go (or not). After seeing the crowds, I was very happy I hadn't prepaid for tickets!

I say go for it! But as others have said, know that the communication and organization is nowhere near rD USA level. Expect lines and confusion at every step. But the courses were incredible and I would love to do them again -- preferably once they've worked out most of the other kinks!

the one thing i would've done differently would probably to stay at the on-site property vs the on-site property. some may disagree, but based on my experience at the partner hotels, here are a few reasons why i would stay at the property:

1) there was only one shuttle bus that ran at around 15-20 min intervals for all FIVE partner hotels. going on and off was kind of a mess. especially during race day, if you have family that eventually wants to come visit. the buses would always be so super packed. we had a toddler with us so that made the experience more difficult.
2) staying at the disney on-site properties have much more frequent bus intervals, as well as one bus per hotel. these buses are WAY less crowded than the partner hotels.
3) also, staying at the property if you don't feel like taking the bus, walking is doable. even the lowest tier ones weren't that far. however the partner hotels were kind of far and yes, you can walk, but it was probably like 2+ miles, so not for everybody.
4) also, the route runs through the disney hotel properties, but it only runs almost close to the partner hotels. if you have spectators, they could really just look out the window or go downstairs, vs if they were at the partner hotels, they would have to go out into the street.
5) also, after meeting some other US runners, i found out i basically ended up paying same price for the partner hotels as they had for the race packages that also came with bibs.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. They have given me food for thought as well as confirmed some things that I had been planning on. Having survived my first WDW half marathon, I have a few more questions.

1) Are there photopass photographers on course? Debating the wisdom of pre-buying photopass in order to download all the photos and then take my time building a photo book; do not do the photo package in the US as I can get the book done easily in the few weeks the pictures are available.
2) Are you able to walk from on-site hotels to the race start?
3) If you stayed on site and did a meal plan, what plan did you choose and was it worth the cost?
4) Restroom/port-a-potty situation. Easy to access? Last stop 1 mile before the start line?
5) Weather really in the low 60's for the half marathon? Or did you need throwaway clothing here too?

Any other tips/tricks/advice you would give?

Thanks

Not the OP, but we did the DLP half last year (2017). We thought it was great. We didn’t use photo pass or a dining plan so can’t help with those (just got breakfast buffet included which was fine for us). We stayed at Sequoia Lodge and liked it a lot. Love their bar area. They opened the buffet early for runners to grab a snack or bite to eat before the race and they kept the breakfast buffet open later so runners could go back to the buffet again after the race. I highly recommend staying on-site if you can. We walked to the race; took about 15-20 minutes I think. I really can’t imagine not walking if you stay on-site. There was a security screening to go thru that bottled up for awhile but it got straightened out and then moved quickly. There were tons of portapotties (no lines when we were there) that were a shorter walk from the corrals (not a mile, or didn’t feel like it to me). We thought the course spent a lot of time in the two parks compared to WDW, then some time on nearby roads, some time near a partner hotel area and some time running by the on-site hotels. Not as much running on highways like in WDW. It has fewer (half?) as many participants as the big WDW races, but still is a large race. The cast members were very supportive and cheering in the parks. We had what I thought was pretty perfect weather; I started and ran in a long sleeve shirt and shorts. If I remember right (maybe not), it was in the 50’s mostly for the race (maybe a little cooler while in the corrals before sunrise). It was getting warmer near the end in the bright sun. The expo is much, much smaller, but that was ok with us. We’d recommend the DLP half to anyone who has an interest.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. They have given me food for thought as well as confirmed some things that I had been planning on. Having survived my first WDW half marathon, I have a few more questions.

1) Are there photopass photographers on course? Debating the wisdom of pre-buying photopass in order to download all the photos and then take my time building a photo book; do not do the photo package in the US as I can get the book done easily in the few weeks the pictures are available.
2) Are you able to walk from on-site hotels to the race start?
3) If you stayed on site and did a meal plan, what plan did you choose and was it worth the cost?
4) Restroom/port-a-potty situation. Easy to access? Last stop 1 mile before the start line?
5) Weather really in the low 60's for the half marathon? Or did you need throwaway clothing here too?

Any other tips/tricks/advice you would give?

Thanks

1. There were plenty in 2017, more than in 2016. You can also buy the photopass in the expo, I don't think they ever run out. You have to go by the expo anyway to pick up your stuff.
I enjoyed the photopass more in 2017 because I stopped for photo opportunities. In 2016, it was my first half, so I had no idea how long I would really take and how strict they would be with sweeping.
2. You can from all on-site hotels. About 20 minutes for value, 15 minutes for medium, and 5-0 for deluxe.
3. I didn't do a meal plan, I've never done it in Paris. It's my homepark and I know my favorite restaurants and their value.
4. As mentioned by Rafiki, plenty of those, no queues, the last one before the start was less than a mile, 400-500m I guess?
5. I think it was colder on the Saturday (10k) than on the Sunday (half) but the weather was really nice for running. I had a sweater on before the race started, because at 7am in September it is cold in Paris. When we started I tied it around my waist.

I've booked our packages today. Last year there were so many issues with booking everything separately. The booking of just the bibs was a nightmare, and we had a lot of problems with the buses to the neighbour-hotels (not enough buses and buses had to take large detours after the half because the route goes by the neighbour hotels), and also the breakfast started late, and we had to wait outside the restaurant in the cold. We've stayed at Kyriad.

So, we decided to splurge on Sequoia Lodge and we received a very nice discount on Club Level! I've only stayed at Sequoia in 1993 on my very first visit, I'm just excited! :D
And we are going to challenge ourselves by doing the 36K instead of the 31K we did in 2017.

Exactly 34 weeks to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!