Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

A couple quick questions that I can't seem to find, but hoping somebody might know. First, is there runner tracking available? It appears that there is, but I can't find a link anywhere. Second, is it possible to know which corral we'll be in before getting our bib at the expo? Thanks and good luck to everyone this weekend!

Based on my interpretation of what I read in the guide, runner tracking is only available on site. If someone knows otherwise, please correct me as DH would love to be getting updates at home. No place in the guide was a breakdown of which numbers were in which corral, and my waiver for the 36k challenge does not specify.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I am 12 weeks since neck surgery (go go gadget neck) and have dropped from 8 min miles to basically walking. I got a cold last Thursday, luckily negative for flu, but i am super tired so i will need all Disney magic to get me through.

Hope recovery is going well from the neck surgery!
I completely understand about the cold slowing you down. My kid passed a cold on to me this week, and my last two runs were at a 13 min. pace versus my average 10. Hopefully we can both get plenty of rest and start to feel better by the weekend. Also remember to stay hydrated to help fight the cold faster!

For future reference for everyone, do your best to print out your tickets at your hotel.

They only had 6 laptops and 2 printers for everyone who needed to print out their waivers.

I was in line for the inside printers today, when the line wrapped around the corner of the expo to the front gate, and it took 1 hour to get to the front of the line.

Also, in case this changes anyone's future booking plans, it appears Newport Bay Club has separate shampoo, conditioner, body wash offerings.

For future reference for everyone, do your best to print out your tickets at your hotel.

They only had 6 laptops and 2 printers for everyone who needed to print out their waivers.

I was in line for the inside printers today, when the line wrapped around the corner of the expo to the front gate, and it took 1 hour to get to the front of the line.

The line was so long I ended up walking over to the New York hotel and the concierge printed my vouchers for me (thanks random dude walking by the line that mentioned). He had an e-mail address (gmail) that I could e-mail the PDFs to. It took less than 10 minutes to walk to the hotel and back and the people in front of me in line were still there waiting.

I love the race shirts (take note WDW!), but boy do they seem to run small. I went up 2 sizes from what I normally get in WDW and it's still really tight across the chest.

First time ever I've also loved the I Did It! shirts, but I won't buy them before a race. Hoping they have some left over after the race (and here's hoping they're on sale!).

Technical difficulties have delayed expo opening. No estimate. Line at 9:30am had about 50 people... At 10:00am it is so long that i cannot see the end.

Btw, i can't stand the people who came late and crowd the entrance so they can sneak in line.... So many of them. Wait your damn turn or come earlier.

They let us in like 20 min later and as expected a stream of a...holes, snuck in while hundreds behind them waited.

Now waiting in another queue in Cheyenne hotel just to check in... Its been about 30 minutes.

This is definitely worse service than Disney USA. They have 2 receptionist...really?

Btw, if you are getting chateau medal then pickup your green wristband and the very beginning of the tent after you've already gone to the end of the tent.... They dont mention anything except on these little papers so dont miss it like i almost did.

Oh and someone asked about corrals.. I thought they were a joke when we registered but turns out no they were not. Apparently, A is for elites and everyone else is just put randomly in B to E. Yes, randomly. So even if you have a half marathon time of under 2 hours you will still possibly be in E...like me. Though at this point in recovery it is probably correct. But really this sucks for others who will be behind walkers most likely.

Oh and someone asked about corrals.. I thought they were a joke when we registered but turns out no they were not. Apparently, A is for elites and everyone else is just put randomly in B to E. Yes, randomly. So even if you have a half marathon time of under 2 hours you will still possibly be in E...like me. Though at this point in recovery it is probably correct. But really this sucks for others who will be behind walkers most likely.

There was a group of about 6 girls behind me picking up shirts. They were saying they all had the same estimated time and were in all different corrals.

At first I thought I got E because I registered so late, but even that doesn’t seem to matter.

Same here, we got sorted in E.
I do like they now had a special booth for people who wanted to change their shirt for a different size. That was a bit of a mess last time.

It is a strange crowd today. We are in the princess pavillion and the queue was 45 minutes when we went in, more like 35. And I I am sure the queue is now less than 30... it is so empty!

Going to meet up with some people to eat Black Panther ice cream at 3 in the Studios and then to the hotel for a nap.

Last edited:
I got A and am certainly not an elite with an estimated time in the half of 2:15. Could it be that those who are doing the challenges are in A?

I got A and am certainly not an elite with an estimated time in the half of 2:15. Could it be that those who are doing the challenges are in A?

Nope, I'm doing the 36km challenge and have an estimated time of 1:50 and I got placed in B corral.

For future reference for people regarding shirt sies, at least for size women's small, I found the disneyland paris shirts to be larger than the disney world race shirts.

Basically, the Paris shirts have a boxier cut and are an inch longer than the US shirts.

I took a photo with a US shirt on top of a paris shirt so people could see the difference, but the forum keeps giving me an error when I try to post. Will try again later.

I will be surprised if lining up is not a free for all. Given the Europeans’ disregard for line etiquette and Rundisney Paris’s inability to control things, it will probably be a pushing and shoving match to get into a corral that has nothing to do with bib assignments.

Nope, I'm doing the 36km challenge and have an estimated time of 1:50 and I got placed in B corral.
***? In the registration it specifically said if you are estimated 1:30 or better than you must submit proof. I think i submitted a 1:50 myslef and im in E. I talked to runner relations and said they dont look at times after 1:30 cause all of those just get randomly sorted. *** is going on if Dogface6 got into A with a higher time than you or me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts