Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

I pulled the trigger...in for Paris 2018. Bought 2 nights at Cheyenne hotel with 2 day park hoppers and 36K challenge for like $985 (don't recall exact total). This was after finding $500 round trip tickets per person from Houston to Brussels....actually the flight was from Houston to Paris and then a train to Brussels, but I can skip the train on both legs and stay in Paris instead. A flight from Houston to Paris round trip was oer $1000!!! How crazy is that....just find a flight to a near by city and it is half price!!!!

Ehm... I do not want to scare you, especially as you already bought your ticket. But I would advise you to google some frequent flyer boards and check the current procedures about how and if your airlines checks for skipping segments. Tickets to Belgium are usually cheaper to make them more attractive to the Belgium market (as they have strong competition in each neighbouring country). I would check what is done nowadays, because if you google you do find stories for Air France for example, where they checked in Brussels if everyone who should be on the train to get to Charles de Gaulle airport. I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything very recent, but the experiences differ over the past few years.

Again, not mean to scare you, I just think it's better to be prepared. Skipping segments on an airline ticket can be a complicated topic.

Ehm... I do not want to scare you, especially as you already bought your ticket. But I would advise you to google some frequent flyer boards and check the current procedures about how and if your airlines checks for skipping segments. Tickets to Belgium are usually cheaper to make them more attractive to the Belgium market (as they have strong competition in each neighbouring country). I would check what is done nowadays, because if you google you do find stories for Air France for example, where they checked in Brussels if everyone who should be on the train to get to Charles de Gaulle airport. I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything very recent, but the experiences differ over the past few years.

Again, not mean to scare you, I just think it's better to be prepared. Skipping segments on an airline ticket can be a complicated topic.

i know what you mean. I called them specifically before I bought the tickets and asked if I could skip the train part and they said YES. But I was planning on probably still going to Brussels since the trip back is only 2 hours by train and I've never been. I then called a second just to make sure and surprise, surprise, but they said NO I had to make the trip. They are a bunch of a-holes in my opinion for lying to me before I got my ticket but I'm not surprised. thanks for the headsup

Looks like, we have a date!

Someone on FB posted a screenshot, BIB Only Sale starts on April 17th! Hope, that this is not just another rumor / fake ;)

Love to know where the screen shot is from as I could not find anything on the rDDLP website or FB page to support that. Maybe possible confusion with WDW Marathon weekend which opens for bib only that day?

Still can’t find it on the site. Fingers crossed for all who are doing bib only that it is true.

They took it from the site.

Google still indexed that page, you could find it there. Anyway, another User wrote, that runDisney Communications confirmed that date on the phone.

So yes, the 60 day window for dining reservations is a bit aways, but what can I say, I’m a planner :rolleyes1: I don’t want to call (and pay for) France to book. Can I call the US number? Is there online booking? Through GET Sports that booked the package?

Based on what I have read in the Disneyland Paris disboard forum you have to call. That being said, it appears that a number of US based people call the WDW number and say ‘Disneyland Paris’ when the automatic system picks up, and end up being transfered to the DLP call center. Wait times can vary, so it sounds like being patient is a must.

So yes, the 60 day window for dining reservations is a bit aways, but what can I say, I’m a planner :rolleyes1: I don’t want to call (and pay for) France to book. Can I call the US number? Is there online booking? Through GET Sports that booked the package?

And don't be surprised, if they pick up the phone in French, even though you select English. And indeed no online reservations. I don't think GET Sports will be able to help you with this.
Maybe call via Skype?

But, but, please the lovely and classic half medal! Please don’t mess it up!

I know, I'm finally able to do this race and all I want are the beauties from last year. The challenge medal will most definitely get an update, no? That was the weak one, imo. Did anyone else decide to book with get sports? The room rates are discounted pretty well (still overpriced) and a 2day park ticket is almost the same price a 1 day through them. Kinda hard to beat if you want to stay onsite methinks...

@rteetz Any thoughts on why Paris bibs didn't get postponed? Makes me think maybe it's not Active, or is it because the race is a lot sooner than Marathon weekend?

But I was planning on probably still going to Brussels since the trip back is only 2 hours by train and I've never been.
Sucks that they lied to you, but go to Brussels anyway!! I lived there for 3 years and it's just so amazing.

@rteetz Any thoughts on why Paris bibs didn't get postponed? Makes me think maybe it's not Active, or is it because the race is a lot sooner than Marathon weekend?

Sucks that they lied to you, but go to Brussels anyway!! I lived there for 3 years and it's just so amazing.
Paris isn't through Active is it? Paris operates under different people than the Stateside runDisney people. I know they strongly push Paris packages including bibs instead of bibs on their own too.

Paris isn't through Active is it? Paris operates under different people than the Stateside runDisney people. I know they strongly push Paris packages including bibs instead of bibs on their own too.
Ahhhh, okay. I wasn't sure.

Right, Paris has their own platform (not Active) for registering. The day it was supposed to go live for bib only sales last year it got delayed by a day. It was something else in 2016 though. When it did go live there were lots of dumped carts & people saying it was crashing, but it did get sorted out & people were registered, so knock on wood it opens for bib only flawlessly Tuesday :)

I wonder how fast bib only will go, especially the new 36K challenge bibs?!

I know, I'm finally able to do this race and all I want are the beauties from last year. The challenge medal will most definitely get an update, no? That was the weak one, imo. Did anyone else decide to book with get sports? The room rates are discounted pretty well (still overpriced) and a 2day park ticket is almost the same price a 1 day through them. Kinda hard to beat if you want to stay onsite methinks...
i hope the half medal doesn't change

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter