Disneyland Paris with disabled person in wheelchair - experience - NEVER AGAIN

paulfoel

DIS Veteran
Visit Florida every year. Last went to DLP about 10 years ago. This time was a chance to take elderly MIL with grandkids - she wont fly so DLP was the plan.

Good points:-

1. Green card system is very good. All rides have a separate entrance. Some of the wait times were a bit variable but it was very good.

2. Car parking in Disneyland Hotel is very close indeed. In fact, its so close we could see the car from the gate. Brilliant.

Bad points:-

1. Organisation. Got to Studios one dat 15 minutes after opening. All wheelchairs gone but they said they had plenty at main park (why not get them sent over?). They promised to do so. In the end, after going back 3 times (once they got strollers only because they "forgot" about the wheelchairs) I ended up walking over myself. This was not impressive.

2. Smoking. No smoking park? Don't make me laugh. MIL has breathing problems so smoke affects here. It seems no smoking is generally ignored by all - even when my wife spoke to a cast member he seemed VERY unhappy about being asked to stop someone smoking. I got the impression this rule is deliberately not enforced because it would upset too many smokers.

3. Other guests. Never have I experienced such rudeness, Its not easy to push a wheelchair but people seemed to have no consideration at all. The attitude always seemed to be "every man for himself"
People seem to let their kids run riot. Now I'm all for kids having a bit of fun but you need to be respectul to other guests. I'd be mortified if my own kids were falling over disabled people.
In the end, MIL probably had about 10-15 people fall over her wheelchair because they were either not looking, trying to push past, or kids messing around. 3 or 4 times someone fell into her lap. It terrified her and I'm afraid she will never go again after this weekend.

Fully expect I'll get flamed for this and told to chill out and remember its different in Paris than Florida. BUT, Disney should be for EVERYONE to enjoy. Regardless of whether you're "enjoying" yourself you need to be respectful of other guests...

Sorry but its a "never again" for us with MIL in a wheelchair which is very sad indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts