Disneyland Proposal

Think about where and when she would most like it to happen. I proposed in the Golden Horseshoe with the help of Billy and the Hillbillies. It was fun and memorable, but not what she wanted. I should have done it during or after fireworks near the castle of the snow white fountain or something.

If it were my boyfriend proposing (which he won't because neither of us wants to get married again) it could be several places but they would be places that are special to me and to us. The wishing well by the castle just because it is a pretty setting, or the walkway between Carsland and the Wharf in DCA at night because it is so beautiful lit up. Batu at night because we both love Star Wars. Heck he could propose at Trader Sams and that would be awesome but again, it's something that is special to us.

I agree with Tennor, think about what it is she would like and go from there. If this is a surprise maybe ask her what she is most excited to see or do and try to incorporate that.

Hi. My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to California and we will have 4 days at disneyland right after July 4th (her birthday). She and I are huge disney fans. Do you guys have any thoughts on where to propose at in Disneyland or DCA?
Awww, congrats!!

Is she the type that would get embarrassed by an audience? If not the wishing well or front of the castle is always a classic.

Blue Bayou could be a cool setting too. You could step aside and speak to your server to have them bring out a "will you marry me?" dessert.

For more private settings, the water near Grizzly River Rapids in DCA may be a nice place. It can get kind of quiet over there and the water fall is so pretty.

There's also a really pretty gazebo at the DLH grounds that they actually use for weddings (I think). If no one is over there (usually the case) I think that'd also be private and romantic.

Awww, congrats!!

Is she the type that would get embarrassed by an audience? If not the wishing well or front of the castle is always a classic.

Blue Bayou could be a cool setting too. You could step aside and speak to your server to have them bring out a "will you marry me?" dessert.

For more private settings, the water near Grizzly River Rapids in DCA may be a nice place. It can get kind of quiet over there and the water fall is so pretty.

There's also a really pretty gazebo at the DLH grounds that they actually use for weddings (I think). If no one is over there (usually the case) I think that'd also be private and romantic.

I think she's said she just wants the castle photo but I was thinking as long as I got her that photo. I want to do the proposal in another location within Disney property. She does love the movie cars. It's her first time to Disneyland and my first time since 2012.

This is the sweetest!!! I would say in front of the castle would be such an amazing photo op. My husband asked me to re-marry him in Blue Bayou last year. They brought out the "will you marry me?" dessert but it had re-marry on it instead. It was such a sweet gesture and the waiter and staff were so accommodating. But truly there are so many beautiful places to propose. I can't wait to see the pictures!!

I think she's said she just wants the castle photo but I was thinking as long as I got her that photo. I want to do the proposal in another location within Disney property. She does love the movie cars. It's her first time to Disneyland and my first time since 2012.
If she loves Cars it may be cool to try to propose when they do the neon lighting in Carsland. Its done at sunset and they play the "shaboom" song. I always look up the sunset times for Anaheim to get an idea of the timing and try to hang out in the area a bit before.

She also loves Stitch and her fav movie is Tangled. I know we are going to PCH Grill for breakfast the last day 7/11, but I'm not sure what other references to Cars / Tangled there are.
It would be SO CUTE if you could get Stitch involved in the proposal! Another great idea :-)

For Tangled the only thing I can think of is the little tower in Fantasyland.

She also loves Stitch and her fav movie is Tangled. I know we are going to PCH Grill for breakfast the last day 7/11, but I'm not sure what other references to Cars / Tangled there are.

Omg....Stitch was AH-MAZING when we went to PCH Grill. SO interactive with my daughters. In fact my picture shows them with Stitch. I wonder if you could talk to a waiter or the hostess when you check in and get Stitch to help you! Tell your gf to fix her lipstick for pictures in the bathroom as a cover. I am dying over how awesome this would be. Please don't forget to update with pictures!

I think you should go for in front of the castle.

** Edited to add **
And when I say "in front of the castle," I mean go get in the photopass photographer line to take pics in front of the castle...take a couple of standard photos...and then get down on 1 knee and propose...and the photographer will capture the whole thing. Whisper quietly to him/her just before you take photos, of course, to give him/her a heads up.

Unless your soon-to-be-fiance isn't a crowd sort of person, in which case propose next to the Snow White grotto area next to the castle.

Or propose at night on Storybook Land Canal Boats as the boat goes through that green archway section. That's a lovely & romantic spot, but there will be other park guests on the boat with you.

Or if Rapunzel is doing a meet & greet in Fantasyland, propose in front of Rapunzel.

If she likes crowds watching her engagement unfold, there probably isn't a bad place in the parks to do it.

But if she doesn't want a crowd clapping or staring, the best place for my money would be the gazebo between the Frontier Tower and Adventure Tower just past Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel. They will do weddings there, but it's generally empty with no one around.

I agree with @VandVsmama about taking pics with the photopass photographer (or honestly any cast member) and getting down on one knee then. When my DH proposed in front of the castle after the fireworks I had went up to a cast member to ask them to take our pic (not knowing what he had planned), and we got some really great shots that we then used for our save the dates. (Attached our proposal pic for inspiration)

I also agree with a PP about doing it during the neon lighting of Carsland if she's a big Cars fan. The neon lighting is one of my absolute favorite things about DCA!

Attachments

• 1462959_10152123162918338_1088995474_n.jpg
    1462959_10152123162918338_1088995474_n.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 33
If she loves Cars it may be cool to try to propose when they do the neon lighting in Carsland. Its done at sunset and they play the "shaboom" song. I always look up the sunset times for Anaheim to get an idea of the timing and try to hang out in the area a bit before.

Yes! I was going to suggest "shaboom" and give her the ring. If she likes Cars, that's classic!

If she loves Cars, and she would be comfortable with the proposal in a public place, then propose somewhere in Carsland. It's a small section of the park, but it really feels like you are in the world of the movie.

Or propose at night on Storybook Land Canal Boats as the boat goes through that green archway section. That's a lovely & romantic spot, but there will be other park guests on the boat with you.

If he can quietly let them know, they will actually buffer the boats--send an empty boat, then the couple in their own boat, then another empty boat--and then stop at the arches while it plays "A Whole New World" so he can propose. We were the boat behind the back buffer boat a few years ago when it was happening, so they quietly explained why we were waiting. Same ride, they stopped for the fireworks. That a a heck of proposal--a dedicated boat, a love song, and fireworks afterward, still on their own boat :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!