Disneyland quiety revoking Annual Passes of Guests who Buy and Resell Souvenirs - OC Register

Isn't the best way to do that is to sell more of the items so the resale value is less than what they paid? Having the "punks" take a bath a few times and lose money would eliminate the problem in a hurry.

Disney can up supply, but they're not going to take the risk of making an unnecessary amount of a new item just to stick it to the re-sellers and potentially lose money on it and/or end up with WAY too many to unload. I feel for sure they have forecasts for demand for the products and manufacture appropriate quantities.

I do believe that yes, all the youtubers, vloggers and our very own DIS team technically run afowl of the stated rules. I've heard youtubers point out before that technically it violates the terms, but Disney just currently decides not to crack down on it.

I know that Disney actually gives some youtubers free tickets to hard ticketed events in order for the youtubers to film and post videos about them. They always state in the videos that the tickets were given as a promotional item.

The difference probably is that those are more likely to drive traffic to the parks. It's essentially free advertising for Disney.

Where as resellers are causing ire with other guests at the parks (due to lack of some items) and potentially costing Disney ticket revenue.

I agree that bloggers etc drive traffic in, but disagree that personal shoppers and loosing the parks ticket revenue.

. I feel for sure they have forecasts for demand for the products and manufacture appropriate quantitie

Lol. Appropriate quantities. That's why Elsa dresses had people practically fighting over them...rose gold ears etc
They under supply time and time again to up the hysteria

I agree that bloggers etc drive traffic in, but disagree that personal shoppers and loosing the parks ticket revenue.

Lol. Appropriate quantities. That's why Elsa dresses had people practically fighting over them...rose gold ears etc
They under supply time and time again to up the hysteria

I mean, businesses do forecast supply and demand. You can choose to believe that they are under-supplying on purpose, but why? I don't personally believe they want to make people "hysterical". Some of these items only run out at first and are readily available later, so.

Keyword I used: potentially

I did not say definitely.

That said, you can disagree all you want, but Disney is going to look at what is a possible hit to their profit. Someone using a personal shopper isn't buying a ticket. A personal shopper is likely using an AP (the only entry media that has a rule against using the discount for commercial purposes). If the person using the personal shopper isn't coming in themselves, they're also not spending any other money. No money on other souvenirs. No money on food. Nothing.

Sure maybe the person using the personal shopper might never have come to the parks (thus never buying a ticket), but the possibility is still there. Plus, again, it also possibly is a detriment to the experience of those who did spend money on tickets and would have a higher spend than the person using a personal shopper.

Again I state I'm glad to see such public cracking down on this violation. It's not fair to those of us actually at the parks if we're having to compete with personal shoppers. I must remember to write Disney and thank them for enforcing the terms and conditions.

Lol. Appropriate quantities. That's why Elsa dresses had people practically fighting over them...rose gold ears etc They under supply time and time again to up the hysteria
The situation with Elsa dresses was something else entirely. They'd just taken a beating on merchandise from The Lone Ranger (which they overbought and couldn't sell because the movie was a flop) and didn't want to risk that again in case Frozen didn't make the grade, either. So they estimated their merchandise needs more conservatively. They couldn't possibly have foreseen the hysteria that would grip the nation over Frozen and Elsa dresses (believe me, I was caught up in it, too - my DD was right in the Frozen wheelhouse). Also, they anticipated that Anna would be the more popular character, which was also a significant miscalculation.

The real problem here is with the buyers using their discount and then reselling which is specifically against the rules. They would have a difficult time stopping resellers who used no discounts paying full retail price, short of not selling them the merchandise. It's easy to prove an AP holder is using discounts and purchasing for resale but almost impossible to prove someone is doing the same thing paying full price as an anonymous buyer. Without an EULA on every product Disney would be hard pressed to stop the resale of their products by anyone.

That's not to say they couldn't contact ebay or amazon and ask them to stop permitting you to sell their products whether they have the legal right to do so or not and most likely ebay and amazon would follow their wishes leaving the sellers little recourse.

I seriously doubt Disney is going to bother messing with anyone other than those using their discounts to enhance profit. Those sellers are the low hanging fruit. It would probably cost more than it was worth to pursue anyone else, discounting anyone doing it on a mega scale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts