Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

There is also the ability to change your reservation if you want to change parks or cancel a day and choose a different day altogether.
How long do you have to cancel or change parks? Is it right up to the day of the reservation?

I guess the AP bucket is limited because presumably APs are the most flexible category as far a picking dates. I have no problem with this. If I'm an AP and I can't go today, I can simply pick tomorrow or another date. Assuming of course that I'm a 'day drive' AP.

I would have a huge problem with it, but I'm not a local AP. California resident, but I'm definitely not local. I'm terrified they're going to follow WDW's model to the letter. If they do, I'll have to choose between my last two remaining scheduled vacations this year (Thanksgiving and NYE). And I would only get 3 days out of what's normally 6 days or more for each trip.

Of course I would be forced to pick NYE because I pay extra for my pass to be good during that time. If I can't go during that time, I might as well have just bought a Sig rather than a Sig+. I am not going to be a happy panda if I can't get reservations for NYE (and the parks are open).

In my dream world wish for AP reservations, Sig+ and Premiere would be guaranteed those two weeks at Christmas and NYE along with on site being guaranteed. But no idea if the numbers would work for that and it might cut off ticket holders staying off site if that would mean there's nothing left for capacity. But who knows if there will even be enough capacity to accommodate all who have APs good during that two week window :confused3

How APs will actually be handled really makes me nervous that I'm going to lose even more this year than I already have :guilty:

How long do you have to cancel or change parks? Is it right up to the day of the reservation?
Until you enter the park. So if you change your mind that morning, and there is availability, you can do that. I have AP friends who have been able to pick up same-day reservations by refreshing. Also a friend staying on-site who realized they forgot to get a specific merch item, so made a park pass to enter the park, buy it, and then immediately leave and start driving home.

Does WDW have the same type of tiers on their AP’s as at DL?

WDW doesn’t have as many issues with tiered passes. Yes, they have Silver, Gold, Platinum, but unless you are a local or DVC, the majority of people get platinum. Besides some blackout days (and that is more like longer periods of times-summer, Xmas-not individual days here or there), the rest is the same. Same discounts, perks, etc. Not like Disneyland with the detailed blackout days and different discounts, perks.

If anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane and read about the Columbus Day crowds. I dug up the thread where we were all discussing the crowds lol. I went on Columbus Day last year and it was absolutely packed!! Hotels probably have their rates set high for that weekend because they know people are on fall breaks. If DL is open then this year I’m sure it won’t be crazy because capacity will be limited.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ays-between-10-5-19-through-10-13-19.3773629/

Hey, folks. Newsom says that there will be an announcement about California theme parks - all together now - “soon” (hopefully tomorrow but I won’t hold my breath).
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/california-disneyland-theme-park-reopening-announcement-coming-soon
I know they've really been pushing him for guidelines - it was even mentioned on Phoenix radio news today. Hopefully, he'll have seen that WDW has been careful and successful for these two months they've been open and understand that DL can do the same.

Is Newsom’s scheduled to talk today?
I actually feel like he never stops talking. I don't know if he is scheduled for an update today. I think he's on a lot when it hasn't be previously scheduled, but I could be wrong. He's getting a lot of grief right now, not only from Disneyland executives, but my from county. I really think he's going to have to pull it together and give reopening plans soon as in right away. He has a lot of people very upset with him right now.

I actually feel like he never stops talking. I don't know if he is scheduled for an update today. I think he's on a lot when it hasn't be previously scheduled, but I could be wrong. He's getting a lot of grief right now, not only from Disneyland executives, but my from county. I really think he's going to have to pull it together and give reopening plans soon as in right away. He has a lot of people very upset with him right now.

I heard a rumor from a friend that works with travel companies out there we might get an update today but no idea how credible that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter