Disneyland Resort & Southern California Tour

AquamarineSteph

DIS Veteran
I have read the tour reports on this one, and I'm on the fence. The visit to the Jim Henson studios is a huge pull for me. I have seen other Jim Henson exhibits in this part of the US, but this would be a biggie for me.

I've also been to Southern California and done the tourist stuff. I've also been to Disneyland. I know that I can do that part of this tour on my own, but as far as the ABD aspect goes - will I see that much that I can't see on my own?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Hi I did the tour two summers ago with DH and DD at time was 15. Funny thing Jim Henson studios was the thing I was LEAST interested in doing. I found the other things far more interesting but we did end up enjoying Henson. It was a great way to see all the internal part of Disneyland. In fact we are going back next week to DL and lamenting it will not be the same as when we had the guides. They made Disneyland magical for us. the value for the dollar on this trip is fantastic I think.

My husband was very excited for the Henson studios part, and he says: honesty, the word "spiritual" was the feeling...being on the Charlie Chaplin stage, watching the demo. If you want to see the place where something you love was invented, it will be an amazing experience. If you want to meet "Kermit and Miss Piggie," not so much.

My husband was vibrating, he was so excited and happy. It was why we went on the trip, and it did not disappoint him.

Disneyland can be done on your own, BUT it cannot be done the way ABD does it. You get to go backstage, are given a bunch of fastpasses and, at least when we went, they reserved us space for the fireworks, world of color and Fantasmic. We want to do this tour again

You will see Disneyland through Walt's eyes. This is the ultimate walk in Walt's footsteps tour. You will trace his history from the time he landed in Hollywood through to the creation oh Disneyland. Honestly this is the only ABD I would consider doing again

You probably read my trip report (we went one year ago)already, but I wanted to chime in to share my feelings of this trip. We know the Disneyland Park inside and out from regular visitor perspective. We loved this trip and seeing all of the amazing backstage things. Also getting to visit Imagineering was pretty special.

You probably read my trip report (we went one year ago)already, but I wanted to chime in to share my feelings of this trip. We know the Disneyland Park inside and out from regular visitor perspective. We loved this trip and seeing all of the amazing backstage things. Also getting to visit Imagineering was pretty special.
Could point me to your trip report? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter