Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

What would the chances be of getting a non-updated room? The new laminate flooring is a dealbreaker for us. It’s funny when I called reservations to verify the room updates they informed me there was no rehab going on at the All-Star movies. None at all. The internet is wrong.

We had a non-renovated room at ASMo last week, and didn’t like it. We were in Dalmatian, building 9. We didn’t have a coffee pot in the room. The outlets were about a foot off the floor except for the sink outlet. Also, they didn’t have any USB outlets. Another negative was that we didn’t receive any room service on our first full day.

I just saw pics on FB. I guess there's a short video on Instagram too. Looks adorable. Very Similar to Pop. Micky and Minnie above the Bed. Huey, Dewy, And Louie on the Murphy bed. They didn't do the handshower in the bathroom tho. That's a bit disappointing.

do you have a link to these pictures?

I’d really like to stay in the Dalmatians section. Not sure if it’s strong enough to request that over a refurbished room, however.

Going in September - wonder how far along they’ll be.

I am really hoping to get an updated room so I tried to do the online check in today and the app kicked me out partway through, later I discovered it had updated my status to show it was done but I had no chance to indicate a preference for rooms, what point should that have been at?

I am really hoping to get an updated room so I tried to do the online check in today and the app kicked me out partway through, later I discovered it had updated my status to show it was done but I had no chance to indicate a preference for rooms, what point should that have been at?

There is no way to request a refurbished room during Online Check In or via My Disney Experience. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add a room request of refurbished room to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

I just saw pictures via instagram of the whole room and it looks pretty much like POP, its soooo cool!

We booked 2 standard rooms for late Oct. I was hoping for a refurbished room. Does anyone know if they are moving along well or have had a lot of delays on the rooms? Just hoping that I didn't make a mistake on picking this resort. We have stayed there years ago and really liked it.

We booked 2 standard rooms for late Oct. I was hoping for a refurbished room. Does anyone know if they are moving along well or have had a lot of delays on the rooms? Just hoping that I didn't make a mistake on picking this resort. We have stayed there years ago and really liked it.
We are in a refurbed room in building 10. I don’t see construction on this building currently. They are working on Fantasia currently for sure.

Checking in at All Star Movies in THREE DAYS! Does anyone know if All Star Movies is still offering disney gift cards in exchange for opting out of housekeeping?

We just returned from a stay at Movies in a refurbished room in the Toy Story building. We (my husband, myself and our 7 year old granddaughter) loved the room. Having queen sized beds made a big difference and the Murphy bed worked out great. Both beds were very comfortable and made it feel more like a moderate than a value resort. We put the Murphy bed up every morning so we had the table for breakfast and didn't pull it down until bed time. There was plenty of space in the room. The new bathroom set up is nice - there is a sliding pocket door between the room and the sink area and the sink and the tub/toilet area. It was nice not to have dirty carpet. Storage is much better with lots of shelves.
We opted not to have housekeeping come in - they brought us towels whenever we asked and also collected the garbage. We would definitly stay there again.

So there is 2 sliding doors in the bathroom area? One to block room from sink and then to block sink from shower and toiler? I thought I had seen someone say only one.

Thanks

So there is 2 sliding doors in the bathroom area? One to block room from sink and then to block sink from shower and toiler? I thought I had seen someone say only one.

Thanks
Our room has only one. Apparently handicapped accessible. We were all unpacked when arriving at 11 pm before I realized it and didn’t want to repack to ask about moving. And wanted the refurb room for sure. It’s definitely difficult for getting ready and lacks storage space at all in the bathroom. My parents and sisters bathroooms are wonderful with the 2 doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter