Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

My daughter uses a wheelchair. We initially wanted to stay at All Star Music but Movies was renovated and Music was being renovated so we went with with Movies. Would she be able to access the Music resort using the strategies you guys have been discussing with her wheelchair from the Might Duck building? Are there paths that connect the different resorts?
The paths between resorts cross roads and sometimes parking lots. They are wheelchair accessible to the extent that the sidewalks are cut down to the road at the crosswalks.

We have had 101D 1st floor and Fant 3rd floor and both were quite. IMHO it is a haul to ASsp from ASMo. Food was so so in September. If i were in 101 id go to ASMu. (Pizza by the slice ( it’s rectangular) was really good)

Quick question about the new coffee makers in the rooms. Do they take normal k-cups? I don't drink coffee but do drink a lot of hot chocolate k-cups lol. Could I bring some extras for use in the room or does Disney use a specific brand?

Hi,
Looking forward to staying here in four short weeks. 😄

We are thinking of renting a car for one day to shop a bit offsite. Can we park for free for just an hour or so in between our shopping travels? Would like to maybe drop off purchases and head out to shop more or go grab a meal. It would not be overnight, the rental car would be returned the same day we pick it up. Not looking to circumvent the rules, just honestly don’t know the rule on this?

I just booked here for 9 nights from August 30th - September 8th and after watching multiple videos and decided to change from Coronado to get an extra day and save over $1k I'm getting excited!

I have a ton to catch up on and am sure I'll enjoy my stay with my husband as we celebrate our 10 year anniversary :)

Hi,
Looking forward to staying here in four short weeks. 😄

We are thinking of renting a car for one day to shop a bit offsite. Can we park for free for just an hour or so in between our shopping travels? Would like to maybe drop off purchases and head out to shop more or go grab a meal. It would not be overnight, the rental car would be returned the same day we pick it up. Not looking to circumvent the rules, just honestly don’t know the rule on this?
Generally speaking this happens all the time. But technically the person in the booth has the right to say no.

Quick question about the new coffee makers in the rooms. Do they take normal k-cups? I don't drink coffee but do drink a lot of hot chocolate k-cups lol. Could I bring some extras for use in the room or does Disney use a specific brand?

The coffee makers use pods, not K cups. They are flat and look a bit like tea bags.

My daughter uses a wheelchair. We initially wanted to stay at All Star Music but Movies was renovated and Music was being renovated so we went with with Movies. Would she be able to access the Music resort using the strategies you guys have been discussing with her wheelchair from the Might Duck building? Are there paths that connect the different resorts?

There are definitely paths. Check out a map of all three AS resorts to see how they fit together. We walked from Mighty Ducks to Music quite a bit. Do note that elevators are only in the center of each building, where the three wings come together. First floor would definitely save you some distance at the end of the day.

I just booked here for 9 nights from August 30th - September 8th and after watching multiple videos and decided to change from Coronado to get an extra day and save over $1k I'm getting excited!

I have a ton to catch up on and am sure I'll enjoy my stay with my husband as we celebrate our 10 year anniversary :)

Good choice! We stayed at Coronado on our trip before last and did not find it worth the extra money at all. Nothing special about, it was HUGE and the restaurants were unimpressive. We were very disappointed.

We tried Pop our last trip for the new room design. Loved the room, did not care for the resort. We're thrilled Movies has the new room design. Can't wait to be there latter this year!

We arrive to All Star Movies on Wednesday evening. I've been pretty nervous about the tour groups because during our last stay here they kept us up all night since we were surrounded by them in our section (mighty ducks). I know they're there now and I've been regretting that I didn't book a preferred and none had been available. Well, last night I just happened to be looking at the website and saw that a preferred room opened up for our dates, so I switched from standard to preferred. Hopefully that'll mean more peace and quiet for us at night when we're trying to sleep!

Is there a way to see which tour groups will be in town when we are there? We will be there Princess Marathon weekend/week.

Is there a way to see which tour groups will be in town when we are there? We will be there Princess Marathon weekend/week.
I was there last year over that weekend and saw a lot of South American teen tour groups in the parks. I think January and February are when they come to the parks and often stay at the values, though some stay at moderates. It's their summer break from school. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to tell when those groups will be there. At least with sports teams you can look at ESPN schedules and try to determine what you're up against.

Hello! I booked a May vacation at ASMovies, preferred. My husband and I are taking our 4 year old grandson. :goodvibes We are staying at ASMovies due to getting a deal; I'm not a resort snob. Over the years I've stayed in many WDW hotels - all levels - and loved them all. My question is, when staying at Pop I always request a room in building 9 (the 80s) because it's a very short walk to the bus area. We don't utilize the food court much at all, but we do use the Disney bus system. I've requested the Toy Story building; is there a shortcut to the buses from those buildings like the 80s buildings at Pop? From everywhere I've searched online, I can't get a clear picture. Thanks.

From looking at a map of the resort, it looks like maybe there is a shortcut from Toy Story building 10 to the buses. The wing that juts out towards the front of the resort shows a sidewalk that looks to take you to the bus area.

Hello! I booked a May vacation at ASMovies, preferred. My husband and I are taking our 4 year old grandson. :goodvibes We are staying at ASMovies due to getting a deal; I'm not a resort snob. Over the years I've stayed in many WDW hotels - all levels - and loved them all. My question is, when staying at Pop I always request a room in building 9 (the 80s) because it's a very short walk to the bus area. We don't utilize the food court much at all, but we do use the Disney bus system. I've requested the Toy Story building; is there a shortcut to the buses from those buildings like the 80s buildings at Pop? From everywhere I've searched online, I can't get a clear picture. Thanks.

We were in building 9 of Toy Story, room 9710 and our walk to the buses and the bus stops was, at the most, 2 to 3 minutes depending on how slow we were walking.

From looking at a map of the resort, it looks like maybe there is a shortcut from Toy Story building 10 to the buses. The wing that juts out towards the front of the resort shows a sidewalk that looks to take you to the bus area.
We were in building 9 of Toy Story, room 9710 and our walk to the buses and the bus stops was, at the most, 2 to 3 minutes depending on how slow we were walking.

Thanks to you both. We're excited to return to WDW!

Brazil is "most" of January(we talked to some 15s the other day and they said they had to be back in Brazil and back at school on January 28).

Argentina is "most" of February so brush up on your Spanish.lol

There is no way to know in advance how many 15s will be at Movies at any given time or where they will be assigned by Disney.

Presently,all The 15s are in Toy Story-it seems that is always a popular section for Disney to put The 15s in at Movies-I am "assuming" because they can easily access their buses from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!