Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

What times are the DHS buses making their first pickup at ASMo these days? Trying to decide if I should just Lyft to get there early enough for a ROTR boarding group. DHS opens at 8am when we're there for the Princess Run weekend.

They claim they start one hour before opening. That was our experience in September when HS was opening at “6:00”. First bus was at 5:00.

What times are the DHS buses making their first pickup at ASMo these days? Trying to decide if I should just Lyft to get there early enough for a ROTR boarding group. DHS opens at 8am when we're there for the Princess Run weekend.

In our experience when DHS opened at 6AM, we were on a bus at 4:45AM. When DHS opened at 7, we were on a bus at 5:40AM. When DHS opened at 8, we were on a bus at 6:35AM. Not sure if these were the first buses of the day, but we got to DHS in plenty of time each day.

Hi, friends! We are landing at 10 pm for our July trip (coming from MST, so it feels 2 hours earlier to our bodies) and I'm wondering if we'd be able to swim when we get to the resort. I'm guessing around 11:30 pm. Allowed or no?

Hi, friends! We are landing at 10 pm for our July trip (coming from MST, so it feels 2 hours earlier to our bodies) and I'm wondering if we'd be able to swim when we get to the resort. I'm guessing around 11:30 pm. Allowed or no?

Pools close either at 11PM or Midnight, so maybe?

Does anyone have the recreation schedule (movies, pool games, etc) for February by any chance?

I'm guessing around 11:30 pm. Allowed or no?
Pools at Movies were open 24/7 for many years,then they were "fenced in and gated" and only open when Lifeguards are present which was until Midnight in July for several years,but the past few years have only stayed open until 11:00 PM in July.

I expect the 11:00 PM close to continue this Summer.

Once the Lifeguards leave,the Pools are officially closed,the gates are locked,and the Pools are strictly off-limits until the Lifeguards return the next Morning(9:00 AM in July).

Pools at Movies were open 24/7 for many years,then they were "fenced in and gated" and only open when Lifeguards are present which was until Midnight in July for several years,but the past few years have only stayed open until 11:00 PM in July.

I expect the 11:00 PM close to continue this Summer.

Once the Lifeguards leave,the Pools are officially closed,the gates are locked,and the Pools are strictly off-limits until the Lifeguards return the next Morning(9:00 AM in July).
Interesting...is this only at values. We stayed at YC this past year and while the main pool officially closed each night, the small pools did not. We saw ppl. swimming at 1 in the morning a cpl. nights, so I finally asked a life guard one day and he said the small pools were swim at your own risk, but that they didn't close.

Interesting...is this only at values. We stayed at YC this past year and while the main pool officially closed each night, the small pools did not. We saw ppl. swimming at 1 in the morning a cpl. nights, so I finally asked a life guard one day and he said the small pools were swim at your own risk, but that they didn't close.
Can't say if it's specific to the values but I think that it is all levels of resorts. We were at WL in August and the pools there closed and the gates were locked. There was a sign with pool hours beside the main pool entrance.

Interesting...is this only at values.
It applies to all 12 Value Pools and all "Feature/Main Pools" at the Moderates and Deluxes.

Although the "Secondary/Leisure/Quiet Pools" at the Moderates and Deluxes in many cases have signs with Posted Hours,for the most part,those hours are not enforced.
(Trinidad North is now just called Trinidad.)

Excited for a split stay between Movies & Music on my upcoming trip in March. I've never stayed value before but I can't wait to check these two resorts out.

So, kind of a random question. The kids and I are staying for a week. We are packing most of our meals. If I show up to drop off luggage with 2 medium sized suitcases, 3 small suitcases, a disposable cooler and a case of water, am I going to have any problems? We are flying Southwest so I feel like I will probably go overboard with packing and the kids don't know about the trip so they are packing enough clothes for a week and then I am also packing their Disney clothes secretly. I just don't want them to look at me like I'm crazy.

So, kind of a random question. The kids and I are staying for a week. We are packing most of our meals. If I show up to drop off luggage with 2 medium sized suitcases, 3 small suitcases, a disposable cooler and a case of water, am I going to have any problems? We are flying Southwest so I feel like I will probably go overboard with packing and the kids don't know about the trip so they are packing enough clothes for a week and then I am also packing their Disney clothes secretly. I just don't want them to look at me like I'm crazy.
Drop off luggage where? Like to bell services to store?- no problem there...do you mean to fly with? Are you allowed to "check" a case of water and/or cooler? I've never known/seen anyone to, so that'd be my inly concern... the rest will be fine; you could show up with 5 pieces of luggage for each person and as long as you were willing to pay the baggage fees there'd be no issues.

Drop off luggage where? Like to bell services to store?- no problem there...do you mean to fly with? Are you allowed to "check" a case of water and/or cooler? I've never known/seen anyone to, so that'd be my inly concern... the rest will be fine; you could show up with 5 pieces of luggage for each person and as long as you were willing to pay the baggage fees there'd be no issues.
Yes, to bell services. I will be dropping off the luggage and the kids and DH with the stroller while I go return the rental car.

Is Service Your Way still a thing? I didn't see an option for it on online check-in for our April trip. We booked using a pin code that we got in the mail from Disney. Would that have made us ineligible?

For those who are families of four and travel with a stroller, do you find the new layout to be problematic? I keep looking at the pics and room layouts and am having a hard time figuring out if we would still have enough room, esp. w/ a stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter