Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I recently read somewhere that you can buy a case of water at the resort. Does anyone know if you can and how much they are?

I have a two standard rooms booked for June. I always request top floor. What else should I request for a quieter room? I do not want to be by a pool. I don’t care about extra walking. I do understand these are only requests. Thanks!

I have to wait until I'm actually at the resort to request a bed rail, right? My 11 year old does not like sharing a bed so I might end up with 2 kids with me. It will be better for all if I am between them.

I have a two standard rooms booked for June. I always request top floor. What else should I request for a quieter room? I do not want to be by a pool. I don’t care about extra walking. I do understand these are only requests. Thanks!

I'm sure there are other options, but I have a Touring Plans subscription. They allow me to click through all the rooms at a resort, and they give them a rating based on walking distance, noise levels, etc. You can choose a room, and they fax in your request 4 days before your check in day.

That said, remember that in a lot of resorts, the rooms that are closest to the restaurants and pool tend to be preferred rooms. If you're paying for a standard room, you might not get those even if you request them.

We actually were able to save a little bit of money and move our reservation to a standard room. We want to be close to All Star Sports (friends staying there) but most importantly want as quiet as possible. I was going to request 101 Dalmatians and top floor as someone suggested on here. Just wanted to confirm that that was the best option for us now that we have moved to standard room instead of preferred. Starting to get really excited for our stay!

I have a 4-night stay in May for my birthday and to see Chris Daughtry. I have stayed at Pop (except for 1 night at POFQ and 1 night at AoA) but wanted to save money on this trip. Pop is getting expensive with the Skyliner. I have to use a scooter so how hard is this going to be with the resorts sharing buses?

Is the Love Bug section generally the quietest area of this resort? If so, wouldn't it make sense to get a standard room and request a view of the woods?

I'm sure there are other options, but I have a Touring Plans subscription. They allow me to click through all the rooms at a resort, and they give them a rating based on walking distance, noise levels, etc. You can choose a room, and they fax in your request 4 days before your check in day.

That said, remember that in a lot of resorts, the rooms that are closest to the restaurants and pool tend to be preferred rooms. If you're paying for a standard room, you might not get those even if you request them.

It sounds like OP wants to avoid those areas, so it seems booking standard was the best option for them. They specifically said the wanted a quieter area, didn't care about the pool or extra walking.

We actually were able to save a little bit of money and move our reservation to a standard room. We want to be close to All Star Sports (friends staying there) but most importantly want as quiet as possible. I was going to request 101 Dalmatians and top floor as someone suggested on here. Just wanted to confirm that that was the best option for us now that we have moved to standard room instead of preferred. Starting to get really excited for our stay!
Closest to Sports is Might Ducks. Generally that would be quiter than Dalmatians since it's further out. Mighty Ducks is also standard, while Dalmatians is preferred, so you probably have a much better shot at Mighty Ducks anyways.

It sounds like OP wants to avoid those areas, so it seems booking standard was the best option for them. They specifically said the wanted a quieter area, didn't care about the pool or extra walking.

I guess it depends. Toy Story has no other buildings beyond it, but it's all preferred. You can choose a room with views of the trees on the second floor, facing away from the courtyard, and it's rated to be very quiet. However, you won't be able to select the Toy Story room unless you choose preferred.

Closest to Sports is Might Ducks. Generally that would be quiter than Dalmatians since it's further out. Mighty Ducks is also standard, while Dalmatians is preferred, so you probably have a much better shot at Mighty Ducks anyways.
Perfect! We actually JUST watched the movie (first time for the kids), and they loved it!

Love Bug is the perfect section for you... even thought it’s the farthest one back, the walk isn’t too bad, and it’s really quiet back there. Enjoy!

Just booked a five night stay in August for me and my nine year old daughter in a standard room. Looking for opinions on whether I should request Love Bug or Ducks? She won't love the hockey theme but the pool is closer there, and I am wondering about the bus schedule. Is it an advantage to board at Music if buses stop after that at Movies? We don't care about views but will use buses and daughter will want to swim. Thanks.

I have two questions about Movies. Can I buy a 1/2 gallon of milk for the kids? That’s all I would need to buy. Also, how do you make the requests for a section?

I have two questions about Movies. Can I buy a 1/2 gallon of milk for the kids? That’s all I would need to buy. Also, how do you make the requests for a section?
Yes to the milk

You can call Disney Reservations and have them add your request or request a section during Online Check-in or use Touring Plans for theri request service OR do what we have had the MOST success with over the years(last month we got the EXACT room # we requested)and SNAIL MAIL-YES SNAIL MAIL!LOL :)

Tell me more about this! We are travelling there in 2 weeks. Where would we mail requests?
Yes to the milk

You can call Disney Reservations and have them add your request or request a section during Online Check-in or use Touring Plans for theri request service OR do what we have had the MOST success with over the years(last month we got the EXACT room # we requested)and SNAIL MAIL-YES SNAIL MAIL!LOL :)

Where would we mail requests?

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
1901 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista,Florida 32830

Attention:Room Assignor

Doesn't get results every time so apologies in advance if that happens,but we have used all the methods and this one has our best success rate.

And remember if you arrive and your request was not made,you can always ask again at the Front Desk-tell them you do not mind waiting until later in the day and if you don't mind losing a little vacation time with a room change,tell them you would be willing to change rooms if nothing was available that day but would be available in the next day or 2.

Let me know how it goes! :)

Just booked a five night stay in August for me and my nine year old daughter in a standard room. Looking for opinions on whether I should request Love Bug or Ducks? She won't love the hockey theme but the pool is closer there, and I am wondering about the bus schedule. Is it an advantage to board at Music if buses stop after that at Movies? We don't care about views but will use buses and daughter will want to swim. Thanks.

We just stayed on the third floor of building 2 (Mighty Ducks). We loved it. When we were at the parks we just took whichever bus came first...ASMu or ASMo. From the bus stop at ASMu to get to our building we just had to cross a small service road. We were there 1/19-1/22/20, and sometimes it was a shared bus and sometimes it wasn't. Having the pool right there is nice.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!