Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I've read on here many times not to make a specific room request. If that room is not available, the assigners won't know exactly what you want. I would request Calypso 10 and ground floor on your fax. It is also recommended to make sure your requests match, so I would also select Calypso and ground floor online as well.

I liked this advise I was going to go with something like -Calypso third floor. I have a preferred room.

Interesting rumor for Disney's All-Star Resort.:)

I think it will happen-fits in with Disney's new "model" of having very few differences in amenities between the 3 Resort levels.:)

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/rumor...lt-disney-world-add-table-service-restaurant/
Interesting for sure. Personally, if I'm paying $100+ for a TS meal I expect to be served. If the price were in between a CS and a TS we would consider trying it. Good option though if you have the DDP.

Since I booked a standard room at All Star Music, would choosing the "Close to transportation" option for online checkin be meaningless?

I'm sincerely considering making no requests as I'm confident we can make any location work. Plus, I can't be disappointed for not getting a request if none are made. :jester:

Since I booked a standard room at All Star Music, would choosing the "Close to transportation" option for online checkin be meaningless?

I'm sincerely considering making no requests as I'm confident we can make any location work. Plus, I can't be disappointed for not getting a request if none are made. :jester:

The standard sections are all about the same difference from the bus stop. But, maybe you'd get lucky and get a room closer to the main walkway instead of the other side of the building.

I'm booked in a family suite for October, will bedding online check in and fast passes in the morning. Is there any location we should request?

What are the odds of getting a room early, if no special requests are made? We will be staying for one night in October before departing on our Disney cruise. We're flying into Orlando, landing at 10:30 AM, so will probably get to the resort around 11:30 or noon. We're getting tickets to the MNSSHP that night, planning to arrive at MK around 4 PM. It would be tremendously helpful for my daughter to have a nap before we go to the park! Location doesn't really matter since we are only there for one night, we'll make the walk exactly once. Are my odds better to do online check in or not? Just show up at the resort that day and ask for whatever room is available early?

Are my odds better to do online check in or not? Just show up at the resort that day and ask for whatever room is available early?

Do online checkin and note an early arrival time. Do not make any requests. Once you arrive, go to the front desk and request early checkin, if possible, with any location being ok. I'd say your odds are good but not guaranteed. Good luck!

Do online checkin and note an early arrival time. Do not make any requests. Once you arrive, go to the front desk and request early checkin, if possible, with any location being ok. I'd say your odds are good but not guaranteed. Good luck!
I agree. When it asks you for the arrival time make it 11am. Depending on the day of the week and if there are any large groups at the resort I would say odds are pretty decent of getting your room when you arrive.

Awesome, thank you!

FYI on Intermission food court. I'm here now and they're experimenting with how they have you order and receive your food. Yesterday they had people order at the cashier then receive a pager to pick up at the pizza window when ready. They were only doing that on the side that serves pizza, burgers, etc at that moment. Also, they removed pasta and fried pickles from the menu (which used to be at that counter as well). The manager told me they wanted feedback from guests, so I told him removing pasta was probably a mistake and they really could use a salad bar. I'd also like to confirm that if you're on the dining plan, they will still let you swap a drink for a dessert (but only at the resort).

When our TA got us a room at ASMu we got a standard room
So when we check in on line (the requests I believe...I may have this all wrong LOL), even though we have a standard room can we still put in a request to have a room close to transportation?
Oh, can we also request a room in Broadway? (or is there a better location to request?) we don't want to be too far and it looks like broadway is "somewhat" closer (at least one wing of the building)
Just asking as my sister has mobility issues and will require us to get a scooter / chair while at the parks.
Oh - as well, can we request a double bed room that is chair accessible? or is that not something that the resort has?
(first time staying on site...and our first trip.)
Sorry if this was already asked...I went through some pages and didn't see it answered (but may have missed it)

When our TA got us a room at ASMu we got a standard room
So when we check in on line (the requests I believe...I may have this all wrong LOL), even though we have a standard room can we still put in a request to have a room close to transportation?
Oh, can we also request a room in Broadway? (or is there a better location to request?) we don't want to be too far and it looks like broadway is "somewhat" closer (at least one wing of the building)
Just asking as my sister has mobility issues and will require us to get a scooter / chair while at the parks.
Oh - as well, can we request a double bed room that is chair accessible? or is that not something that the resort has?
(first time staying on site...and our first trip.)
Sorry if this was already asked...I went through some pages and didn't see it answered (but may have missed it)
Yes you can request close to transportation. They even give you an option to request Calypso which is preferred section next to food court/busses. Not sure how often they upgrade standard rooms to preferred without extra charge, but my friend is here too and they put her two rooms away from us. We paid for preferred and she paid for standard, so that was pretty nice they did that for her.

Yes you can request close to transportation. They even give you an option to request Calypso which is preferred section next to food court/busses. Not sure how often they upgrade standard rooms to preferred without extra charge, but my friend is here too and they put her two rooms away from us. We paid for preferred and she paid for standard, so that was pretty nice they did that for her.
Oh that is so nice of them!
Thank you for letting me know (fingers crossed)

What coins does the launderette/washers/dryers take please? Coming from the UK so will only have bills with me so want to make sure I save the right coins! Thank you.

FYI on Intermission food court. I'm here now and they're experimenting with how they have you order and receive your food. Yesterday they had people order at the cashier then receive a pager to pick up at the pizza window when ready. They were only doing that on the side that serves pizza, burgers, etc at that moment. Also, they removed pasta and fried pickles from the menu (which used to be at that counter as well). The manager told me they wanted feedback from guests, so I told him removing pasta was probably a mistake and they really could use a salad bar. I'd also like to confirm that if you're on the dining plan, they will still let you swap a drink for a dessert (but only at the resort).

Oh no they've taken away the "make your own" pasta? My daughter will be very disappointed :-(

What coins does the launderette/washers/dryers take please? Coming from the UK so will only have bills with me so want to make sure I save the right coins! Thank you.
The machines now only take Credit Cards(Or,if neeed be,the Front Desk will facilitate the use of Cash.).:)

FYI on Intermission food court. I'm here now and they're experimenting with how they have you order and receive your food. Yesterday they had people order at the cashier then receive a pager to pick up at the pizza window when ready. if you're on the dining plan, they will still let you swap a drink for a dessert (but only at the resort).

Thanks for the info! I would love to be able to order food for the whole family at the cashier rather than having to make the rounds to various different food stations. Hopefully they will work out the kinks and expand it to all the food stations.

Also appreciate confirmation that you can swap the drink on the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!