Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I honestly can't believe how lucky we have gotten with room requests, both through disney and renting DVC through our friends. (uh oh.. I guess we are due for a "bad room".)
my advice to anyone? when they say you are in room "so and so" just.. VERY NICELY ask.. "well, what else ya got?" doesn
t hurt to ask nicely.. and be willing to wait for the room. they want to fill the rooms that are ready first. I am always willing to hang by the pool for a few hours to wait for a better room for a week or more.
And if someone dosen't mind changing rooms a day or 2 into their trip,tell the CM you don't mind changing rooms later in the trip if your request would be available in a day or 2 or 3.

We've done that before and totally felt it was worth it(the transfer process is super easy).:)

Last edited:
yeah, the backside would be quieter. and convenient. but,and here comes the "needy" part: with all the foliage on the backsides of the buildings, the rooms tend to be darker. with my husband's very low vision, he needs as much light as possible.

And if someone dosen't mind changing rooms a day or 2 into their trip,tell the CM you don't mind changing rooms later in the trip if your request would be available in a day or 2 or 3.

We've done that before and toatlly felt it was worth it(the transfer process is super easy).:)

we have also done that. once we didn't and wish we did. we were in the 80's at pop, the farthest bldg (on the far side of the computer pool) we were going to, but we were right by the pool so we stayed. well, it turned out to be that FREEZING dec. hardly used the pool. that tinme of year, all the loungers and tables on that side are totally in the shade. and every walk to the bus or food court seemed to take forever since it was so freezing cold!

we should have bit the bullet and moved.

Is it true that Sports has refillable mug station open 24 hours? Do any of the other All Stars have that too?
How does Dec 11 sound? Pop Warner should be done by then, shouldn't it?
Will there be other sports, cheer, teen or school or tour groups coming in soon after Pop Warner groups leave?

Is it true that Sports has refillable mug station open 24 hours? Do any of the other All Stars have that too?
How does Dec 11 sound? Pop Warner should be done by then, shouldn't it?
Will there be other sports, cheer, teen or school or tour groups coming in soon after Pop Warner groups leave?
End Zone has had 24/7 Beverage Island access for around a year-to my knowledge EZ is the only Value Food Court with 24/7 access.:)

The Pop Warner Super Bowl will be over by that Monday.

There may be a few of The 15s here and there,but they will be very negligible at that time.:)

I have a question that's been asked many times before, and I even think I know the answer, but please bear with me!

I'm planning a trip for July 2018. I know, I know--we usually go right around the 4th and we love it! We've been to ASMu and Movies, and love them both. I thought I'd try for the complete set and book Sports this trip.

Given the 15s and other groups (I'll look at the calendar link above to see which if any), I expect and can deal with crowded food courts and pools, but I would like to be in a room where I'm away from late night shenanigans and noise.

Here's my question: Is it true groups don't book preferred rooms? I don't usually book them because walking and distances aren't an issue for me, but I'd do it if it meant relative quiet. So, backside of Touchdown? Non-poolside Surf's Up?

Here's my question: Is it true groups don't book preferred rooms?

The 15s will be mostly in the Standard buildings(Hoops Hotel/Center Court/Home Run Hotel).

When Surf's Up! was the only Preferred Building,The 15s rarely stayed there,but now that Touchdown! is also Preferred,The 15s are now possibly found in any Building-we had one group of The 15s in our Surf's Up building last month.

However,there "most likely" won't be as many of The 15s in Surf's Up! and Touchdown! as there will be in Hoops Hotel,Center Court and Home Run Hotel----you could walk through Center Court during our trip last month and feel like you had made a quick trip down to Argentina!lol:).

What are "15s"? Should I be worried about "them" in September?

These are The 15s-South American girls(LARGE numbers from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Chile,Paraguay,Venezuela,etc.)who come to Walt Disney World to celebrate their Fifteenth Birthday.

It is a HUGE thing for them-they save and look forward to it for years.

The "main" months are July(Winter Break) and January/February(Summer Break-mainly Argentina in February).:)

They also stay at POP and all of the Moderates at times also.

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

However,there "most likely" won't be as many of The 15s in Surf's Up! and Touchdown! as there will be in Hoops Hotel,Center Court and Home Run Hotel----you could walk through Center Court during our trip last month and feel like you had made a quick trip down to Argentina!lol:).
I was at Pop this July and almost got a cheer or two down pat!
:cheer2:
But I ended up with a great room in a quiet bldg.

So for Sports, it looks like I'd book a preferred and ask for Surf's Up/Touchdown landscape/parking lot--and see how it works out. Thanks!

What are "15s"? Should I be worried about "them" in September?
the problem with the 15s and any brazilian/ south american tour group is this: they don't really have "chaperones' per se. they have tour guides. who are barely older than the kids and are paid big bucks to make sure the kids have a good time. these so called "chaperones" don't care about any other guests. only their group.
I guess disney has been trying to work on this "issue". I have stayed at all star music with the pop warner groups. I have stayed at all star sports in july . I'll take pop warner anyday.. while any huge group of teens can be daunting, to say the least, at least the sports teams, the cheer teams, high school bands etc. have REAL adult chaperones.. no young 20 somethings paid to make sure the kids have fun at all costs.

Um ... yay ... go team? (Reconsidering already...)
Come on-it will be fun-especially if Brazil and Argentina meet in the Finals!!!!lol:)

I will be there celebrating my Birthday "with" The 15s-I will be a The 15+!lol:)

I've heard they are not going to make the mistake of 2014 and are going to have Brazil in End Zone and Argentina in Intermission for the World Cup "Watch Parties"-great move!lol

I've got to go now-my Portuguese Tutor is here.lol:)

Come on-it will be fun-especially if Brazil and Argentina meet in the Finals!!!!lol:)

I will be there celebrating my Birthday "with" The 15s-I will be a The 15+!lol:)

I've heard they are not going to make the mistake of 2014 and are going to have Brazil in End Zone and Argentina in Intermission for the World Cup "Watch Parties"-great move!lol

I've got to go now-my Portuguese Tutor is here.lol:)

Where is a quick rotfl emoticon when you need one? :o I am a July birthday too, and was thinking about planning a 2018 birthday trip. Sounds like I should plan for another time, or place. :thanks:

Ok, I need to know what room request to make for my upcoming trip in three weeks.

We usually stay at Pop in a preferred room. But this trip, Pop wasn't available, so the DH and DS14 requested Sports. We stayed at Sports for 3 days last year, in the Touchdown section, we were actually in the first room toward the food court in building 7 on the second floor, it was a great locations, but Preferred wasn't available for this trip, so we are in a STANDARD room.

I'd like to end up as close to the transportation and food court as possible (good luck, right?) but the guys would likely prefer to be closer to walking to McDonalds. What do I request if they want close to Mc Donalds, what do I request for closer to the food court, or what would be a good compromise for us??

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter