Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Looking to rent points with the rental store for a pool/garden view two bedroom lock off for eight nights at the end of October beginning of November. What does everyone think my chances are.

Thank you

Sorry yes 2018.

I put in a request with the rental store for a studio for November 2018. I asked her what were my odds and she said they usually have a big inventory for BWV and it's one of the "easier" resorts to book if you work well enough in advance. She said no guarantees and I did give her back up resorts just in case.

I put in a request with the rental store for a studio for November 2018. I asked her what were my odds and she said they usually have a big inventory for BWV and it's one of the "easier" resorts to book if you work well enough in advance. She said no guarantees and I did give her back up resorts just in case.
Since you're looking for pool/garden view, I think you'll be fine. That's usually fairly open and available at the 11 month mark. It's standard and boardwalk view that are toughest to get.

Since you're looking for pool/garden view, I think you'll be fine. That's usually fairly open and available at the 11 month mark. It's standard and boardwalk view that are toughest to get.

I actually requested standard view. PhillyBear requested pool/garden for a 2 bedroom.

One more question - how comfy is the sofa bed in the studio? It'll just be DD12 and myself. She's average size for her age and would sleep on the sofa bed. I would rather her not sleepi with me because she's a wild sleeper and she wants her own bed since she usually shares one with her brother on vacation. This is a mother daughter trip and I think she's most looking forward to her own bed. Lol

I slept on the sofa bed and was comfortable. But, @CarolynFH is right, your DD could also choose the murphy bed and might enjoy that.

View attachment 274612 It's the tiny area in the middle that sticks out. The Lounge isn't that small though.
....thanks for providing this.....I was looking at Room 2070 (std Studio), which faces directly at the carousel, obstructing the view of that HIDEOUS C***N pool [thank goodness!] Has anyone ever stayed in this room [the room above, 2070, is also a std Studio] or can recommend it (or not)? TIA

....thanks for providing this.....I was looking at Room 2070 (std Studio), which faces directly at the carousel, obstructing the view of that HIDEOUS C***N pool [thank goodness!] Has anyone ever stayed in this room [the room above, 2070, is also a std Studio] or can recommend it (or not)? TIA

We were in 2070 for one night this summer. It's actually a handicap accessible room (I believe 1070 is as well) - guessing no one had booked that category so they stuck us there. The location was great, and you couldn't see the clown.

For 2018. I'm only going by what Davids and the DVC Store have when making a request. Standard or preferred. I've never stayed DVC before so was curious.

Ok, that's my best guess is that preferred would be garden/pool. I personally would choose standard if you can get it. Most rooms will either see EP or HS fireworks.

One more question - how comfy is the sofa bed in the studio? It'll just be DD12 and myself. She's average size for her age and would sleep on the sofa bed. I would rather her not sleepi with me because she's a wild sleeper and she wants her own bed since she usually shares one with her brother on vacation. This is a mother daughter trip and I think she's most looking forward to her own bed. Lol

She may actually love the pull down bed. Our kids always fight over it and then you'll have more space to walk around and not have to put in and pull out the couch everyday

We were in 2070 for one night this summer. It's actually a handicap accessible room (I believe 1070 is as well) - guessing no one had booked that category so they stuck us there. The location was great, and you couldn't see the clown.
...how convenient was it to buses, lobby, boardwalk restaurants, etc.?

Is the Boardwalk due for any refurbs? Mainly the pool. We are big pool people and can't wait to use the main pool. Do they tend to do those closures during F&W into November?

Last edited:
I was wondering which car rental location is closest (or easiest to get to) from the Boardwalk? I presume it's the one at The Dolphin, but not sure.

We're renting when we arrive at MCO, and spending a few days touring around before we move over to DW. I'd like to drop off our rental on arrival day, but didn't realize there were so many options for drop off.

Was planning for the DW car care centre, but maybe there's a better place for drop off?

Thank you!

I was wondering which car rental location is closest (or easiest to get to) from the Boardwalk? I presume it's the one at The Dolphin, but not sure.

We're renting when we arrive at MCO, and spending a few days touring around before we move over to DW. I'd like to drop off our rental on arrival day, but didn't realize there were so many options for drop off.

Was planning for the DW car care centre, but maybe there's a better place for drop off?

Thank you!

Yeah definitely the Dolphin - I drop cars off there frequently. You give the car to the valet and they give you a receipt - you can return cars 24 hours a day even if the rental car office is closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!