Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hey Everyone. Trying to find a place to stay. 2 people, early august.

Whats the best DVC villa room to get here? Boardwalk view or lake?

Thanks

There isn't a category called lake view. Boardwalk view is a lake view. The other two categories are pool/garden and standard.

Hey Everyone. Trying to find a place to stay. 2 people, early august.

Whats the best DVC villa room to get here? Boardwalk view or lake?

Thanks
We stay at the BWV because of the boardwalk. I feel I could get a garden view at any hotel anywhere. I want the uniqueness of the view in my avatar when I step out on the balcony.

Has anyone used the 'Minnie Vans' through Lyft while on a trip? I added the Lyft app to my phone but read that someone at BWI needs to enter a code on my phone in order for us to use this service. I am curious about the process as I don't use Lyft or Uber. We arrive late our first day and I want to use this service to get us to Disney Spring for our reservation.

Does anyone know what time the Minnie Vans start running? I'm hoping to get one to MK for EMH (7-8am) on 12/29 which means I need it around 6:15-6:30am.

Best CM's for cl I have ever had . Everyone was great!

Food was hit and miss but we were busy so that could be why.

I enjoyed the red blend of wine!

Notes :
Room has a ceiling fan .

Charger strip on bed stand.

Turndown /trash n towel was in the evening not 4-5 like some resorts .

No plastic for take out wine . So if want to take to pool or outside you'd have to use coffee cup. Found that odd.

Water bottles upon request!

The main cm desk is prior to the door to enter for cl . I really liked that . You had more privacy .

Before the desk on the right is a staircase that would go down to 1st floor if you didn't want the elevator(I heard it mentioned and it was slightly hidden in an alcove )

Transferring to rpc today! We had a lovely time here!

Oh we used Minnie Van the other night but was told you can't take luggage with you so we won't take it for our transfer, rats!

Best CM's for cl I have ever had . Everyone was great!

Food was hit and miss but we were busy so that could be why.

I enjoyed the red blend of wine!

Notes :
Room has a ceiling fan .

Charger strip on bed stand.

Turndown /trash n towel was in the evening not 4-5 like some resorts .

No plastic for take out wine . So if want to take to pool or outside you'd have to use coffee cup. Found that odd.

Water bottles upon request!

The main cm desk is prior to the door to enter for cl . I really liked that . You had more privacy .

Before the desk on the right is a staircase that would go down to 1st floor if you didn't want the elevator(I heard it mentioned and it was slightly hidden in an alcove )

Transferring to rpc today! We had a lovely time here!

Great to hear things are the same from our Sept and Aug. trips. We loved the CMs! Great view from that room, was that "standard"? It looks to be the room on the corner directly above Flying Fish. Also was the entrance to your room in that cluster corner of 3 rooms, right before the desk? We had the room on the right of those 3 rooms and it turned out to be a surprise upgrade to a deluxe but I was curious what the other rooms were.

Evening cordials, some desserts and 2nd night we found ham and salami sandwiches too!

Wine and beer upon request all day and the cart was out for wine at 5p which was self service .

View attachment 286053 View attachment 286054 View attachment 286055 View attachment 286056 View attachment 286057 View attachment 286058

Thank you for your pictures. Was a chef still in the lounge preparing the evening appetizers? I’m trying to see if it is the same as when we stayed this past May. I have heard that the evening appetizers/food rotates with the Flying Fish, Trattoria, and ESPN. Do you know if this is true?

:thanks:

Here now. First time I had a ground room floor. Furthest thing from my request of top floor, near elevator, lol, since it' the opposite side from the villa elevators and I had to rent an ECV due to a stress fracture.

Busses were having trouble this morning, something about the dispatch software having a glitch and the system was so old that there was nobody left to support it. Taking that with a grain of salt, since it was told to me by the cast member at the bus stop. Either way, it was the longest I've ever had to wait for a bus, 45 minutes. As a matter of fact from the time we got to the stop at 9:40,no busses arrived until our MK bus at 10:30.

I had a feeling someone would be interested so i took pix before I left .

Yep that's it! It was standard Boardwalk view cl room . It just randomly has a larger balcony because it's adjacent to a suite.

IMG_3054.JPG IMG_3055.JPG

This was view of cm desk from my room door .

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3057.JPG

This is staircase adjacent to cm desk for those that don't mind climbing.

IMG_3058.JPG IMG_3059.JPG
View from bed!

IMG_3061.JPG
Great to hear things are the same from our Sept and Aug. trips. We loved the CMs! Great view from that room, was that "standard"? It looks to be the room on the corner directly above Flying Fish. Also was the entrance to your room in that cluster corner of 3 rooms, right before the desk? We had the room on the right of those 3 rooms and it turned out to be a surprise upgrade to a deluxe but I was curious what the other rooms were.

Thank you for your pictures. Was a chef still in the lounge preparing the evening appetizers? I’m trying to see if it is the same as when we stayed this past May. I have heard that the evening appetizers/food rotates with the Flying Fish, Trattoria, and ESPN. Do you know if this is true?

:thanks:
Yes there was . I didn't like the choice of tofu of tuna the 1st night and 2nd we had lunch so late I didn't go to lounge to eat but I peeked in for a wine and saw he was setting up.

Here now. First time I had a ground room floor. Furthest thing from my request of top floor, near elevator, lol, since it' the opposite side from the villa elevators and I had to rent an ECV due to a stress fracture.

Busses were having trouble this morning, something about the dispatch software having a glitch and the system was so old that there was nobody left to support it. Taking that with a grain of salt, since it was told to me by the cast member at the bus stop. Either way, it was the longest I've ever had to wait for a bus, 45 minutes. As a matter of fact from the time we got to the stop at 9:40,no busses arrived until our MK bus at 10:30.
I was in that long mk bus line too. Not fun lol.

So I had a surprise trip lined up for my family for May 28 - June 3 of next year. Was going to give it to them for Christmas. My daughter is going to a new school that finishes before Memorial Day, and I thought that time frame was perfect. And then on Tuesday, the day before I could make dining ressies (which of course I had all laid out, being a DISBoarder), my daughter mentions out of the blue that her dance recital for next year will be June 2 and 3, and how she's glad she'll be out of school because they have recitals every night the week before.

My heart sank a little bit, but I thought "I could just push the trip back a week". Imagine my disappointment, however, when I called to change the dates and was originally told that the bounce back offer my old reservations were under did not have availability at BWV for the following week. As the CM and I were looking for other hotels where the offer COULD apply I told her how much we loved the BWV last year. She asked if I could hold for a while, and she would see what she could do.

I stayed on hold for 35 minutes. Quite honestly I thought she had forgotten about me and was getting ready to hang up when she came back on the line and said after going through several channels she switched the reservations to the next week, at the BWV, for the same price. THAT'S what I call pixie dust!

Here's hoping there aren't conflicts for the new dates that I'm not aware of! I gotta' pay more attention to what's going on in my own family!

4 more days! I am so very excited to be going back to my favorite resort and club level. Cannot wait to see my favorite people!
We are arriving, very very, early Friday. Maybe I will see you in the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!