Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Back two days and I miss it already. One of these days, I'm going to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the online check in and room location requests. I asked for a room on an upper floor, near the elevator and got the first floor on the wing across from the elevator wing. Since I was using an ECV, it meant going through two sets of doors each time. And the automatic door button wasn't working on my side. To the resort's credit, it was fixed quickly after we reported it.

Using an ECV this trip gave me an incredible perspective that I've never had before from how extremely helpful the drivers were to how inattentive people are walking through the parks. It' salmost hysterical. Once teenager got a talking to from his father, when he almost walked into my stopped vehicle, with his face in his phone. All I can say is thank goodness, these things have a dead man switch to operate them.
Probably nothing. Sometimes, they just can't meet them. There's nothing you can do about it. The key word in it all is they are requests.

Just arrived at BWI. For those interested, the DME stops this morning were: CBR (where more than half the bus disembarked), BWI next; then BC and finally YC.
That's been the usual order for my stays at BWI and YC. I think they do tend to keep groupings similar most of the time

I will definitely do this!!! I'll be with my husband, 8 year old son, and 5 year old daughter. We are so excited!!! For comparison, we stayed at All Star Sports last year, which is great, but I'm expecting this to be a little different!
....that's putting it mildly! :rotfl:

We were there a month ago. Room 2053 on the Villas side! Here are a few pictures from our balcony. It was beautiful!

37991293775_b2e2a1b23c.jpg

24012955847_28f9cf0bd7.jpg

24128605587_64f2416262.jpg

38276942494_d1f74aa157.jpg

We returned on Saturday from our stay in a one bedroom. We had a great time! Thoughts:

1. We wanted to be near Epcot but ended up that my parents (first-timers) didn't really love Epcot so that was a surprise and bummer! We are staying at Bay Lake Tower in June so will see if we like that better.
2. The one bedroom worked well for 4 adults and a baby. I never felt like we were crowded. Baby slept happily in alcove near door.
3. Two of us slept on the pullout couch and it was more than comfortable. I was worried about this and it wasn't a problem. We requested extra blankets and pillows and these were delivered right away.
4. The valet services were great!
5. We were in room 4102 with a view of a quiet pool. We watched fireworks from the studios and that was a fun thing to do on the balcony. Good location.
6. Ample Hills was DELICIOUS!

Honestly, probably won't stay here again. Nothing specific just like other places better. If I want to be near Epcot or HS will probably do Beach Club.

On a side note, the parks were crowded! I feel this led to my parents not liking Epcot as much, lines everywhere and people all over!

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions!

One more sleep for me! DD and I will arrive tomorrow afternoon. I had to drive from Detroit to East Lansing in Wednesday's big snow storm and just kept thinking about BWI. I appreciated the photos that were recently posted. Can't wait to get there!

I just purchased an AP rate for a BWI Standard View for 4 adults for Saturday, Feb. 10 through Monday, Feb. 12. Although we’ve stayed at BWV a couple times over the past few years, this will the first for BWI. I have been checking rates for all Disney hotels for several weeks, and finally found one for BWI that was too good to pass up.

I just purchased an AP rate for a BWI Standard View for 4 adults for Saturday, Feb. 10 through Monday, Feb. 12. Although we’ve stayed at BWV a couple times over the past few years, this will the first for BWI. I have been checking rates for all Disney hotels for several weeks, and finally found one for BWI that was too good to pass up.

if you don't mind me asking, how much was it? I'm curious how much BWI gets discounted with the AP....

if you don't mind me asking, how much was it? I'm curious how much BWI gets discounted with the AP....
Not the original poster but I just booked a standard BWI room for one night March 3 with an AP discount for $332 and a standard BWI CL for the rest of the week for $477 a night with the AP discount. We wont be arriving that first night until after 10 pm so I saved the money on a weekend room rate and will move over to the club level the next morning. Right after I enjoy the Sunday morning brunch in the lounge.

....that's putting it mildly! :rotfl:

We're home now :( and I think we'll have to work on our budget because we all want to stay CL on future trips. I don't think we can go back to the all stars now! We booked a bounce back for the same time next year, but unfortunately BWI CL was not available for our dates or any variations of the dates, though we didn't try for a split stay. We booked at BC CL instead, so I have some reading to do over the next year. I'll probably call periodically to check if anything opens at BWI.

KerryCM, it was great meeting you!
Even my kids commented on how friendly the CM's are at BWI. The CL food was fabulous, especially Sunday's breakfast. The crowd we're mainly adults with few families, but we felt very welcome. We stayed std view in room 4269 which was ideal for us as it was halfway between the elevators and the lounge. Our balcony faced the courtyard and we could see MK fireworks off in the distance to the right. It was a little chilly but we were able to swim one day and my son liked the clown slide. We went to the Bon Voyage breakfast and had ice cream at Ample Hills and enjoyed both The boardwalk entertainers were often in the lobby due to the chilly evenings, and my kids were involved in a few magician/juggling performances. Any questions, please feel free to ask!

We're home now :( and I think we'll have to work on our budget because we all want to stay CL on future trips. I don't think we can go back to the all stars now! We booked a bounce back for the same time next year, but unfortunately BWI CL was not available for our dates or any variations of the dates, though we didn't try for a split stay. We booked at BC CL instead, so I have some reading to do over the next year. I'll probably call periodically to check if anything opens at BWI.....
....uh-oh....she's joined the "Dark Side"......:teeth:

A quick review of our stay, just got home yesterday. We were in room 4227, BWI, Club level, Deluxe room. I had requested room 4225 on TP, we got the room next to it. Never saw anyone in room 4225 over our 6 night stay...maybe the room is out of service? Views were amazing, really liked the extra space of the deluxe room, though hubby wasn't as impressed as I thought he would be.

CM's in the Innkeepers Club were great. Always a hello and good bye, as well as the CM staffing the desk. I had requested that our room be cleaned before noon, it always was. Very clean, great personal use products, we didn't lack for anything. One thing though...we had to leave the bathroom door open all the time, while not in use. If it remained closed, it smelled like a gym locker room. I believe it was due to those stupid shower curtain liners. While there was no obvious mold, it was clear the smell was coming from the bunched up liner. We overcame that by leaving the door open all the time, which was a pain, as it opened into the sink area..lots of door shoving going on:).

The chef cooking between 5pm-7pm was an amazing experience. Food was very good, plenty of it. Four different kinds of beer, seven different types of wine to choose from, and I also saw people asking for wine/beer prior to the 5p-7p hours, never any troubles receiving what was asked for. One con though....they need to figure out/install an exhaust system in the club room. During the chef cooking hours, the cooking smells really took over the club room. I'm not bothered by cooking smells generally but the problem was, my clothes/sweatshirt smelled strongly well after we left for dinner. I had to hang my sweatshirts/jeans outside overnight to make them smell fresh again. It was quite noticeable in the immediate hallway too, thankfully I didn't notice it in our room, which was SUPER close the Innkeepers space.

Bus service was very good, even to Disney Springs. I think the only time we picked up/dropped off at the Swan and Dolphin was the Disney Springs transportation. Otherwise, we went direct to MK and AK. We did the Fantasy Fireworks Dessert Party..it was fun being on the water and the view of the MK fireworks were amazing. Would I do it again? Prolly not...neither the liquor selection nor sweets were anything to write home about.

We are going back in March, our first Flower/Garden festival...staying at the Yacht Club, Deluxe room, Club level. Curious to see how it stacks up to this experience!

Attachments

• IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
This is a strange question about parking, but who better to come to then the experts! :worship:
DH and I are thinking about renting points here later in 2018. We will be driving, but will be bringing our 2003 corvette. DH is very picky about where he parks it and is wondering if the hotel guest parking lot has ample room where he can park it out of the way with hopefully nobody parked on either side of the car. We have only ever visited Boardwalk and parked in the guest lot which always seemed to be crazy full and hard to find a spot. TIA for any answers on this question! :thanks:

Well, our family loved the BWV so much this past summer that I just booked another stay there for May 28 - June 3, 2018. It's going to be a surprise Christmas present for them. Oddly enough my son was just saying on the way to church today "I wish we could go back to Disney World soon". And this from a 19 year-old who mostly complains about every family outing we force him to endure! Can't wait to spring the surprise on all of them in 36 days. Now to figure out how to change my countdown ribbon at the bottom of my page!

I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin, @bmahokie.

It has been forever since I posted in this forum. We will be staying at BWI December 22nd - January 3rd. Can't wait to spend the Holidays at home.

Congratulations and I'll log your dates, @DonaldDuckFamily.

Heading back to BWI CL once again January 8th-15th. We haven't been able to score a reservation the last few times we have gone.

Welcome back, @nascargirl!

We're officially booked at BWV 11/4-11/11. It'll be just myself and DD (12 at the time) in a standard view studio for our first mother daughter trip. I rented points from a Disboards member. I couldn't be happier. It'll be our first time at BWV (or any DVC resort). We did BC last trip (split with Poly) and I loved the Epcot resorts area so going with BWV was an easy decision.

I am waiting for my TA to release their agency exclusive rates so I can book 11/2-11/4 and take advantage of their ticket deals. It's one of the big reasons I didn't book the entire trip with rented points.

I'll get your dates logged, @mi*vida*loca.

We just booked our Grand Villa today!!! July 5 - 13th.

This will be our second time in a GV - if you haven't tried one - its like living a real life HGTV experience.

What we like most:
- extra wide balconies - view of both Epcot & DHS fireworks
- ROOM - there is so much room to spread out - makes the 2 BR feel so cramped & claustrophobic
- 3 Bathrooms\Showers
- Open concept kitchen (plenty of room for our groceries)
- Big laundry room to wash daily towels

Dislike:
- takes up a lot of points! Around 910 to be exact.

Only 211 days from today! :)

How exciting! I'll add your dates, @JARNJ3.

We are so excited about our upcoming stay at the Boardwalk Inn, Dec 20-26th. It's our first time staying at a Epcot Area resort and a celebration of being two years cancer free.

Thanks to everyone for all of the photos and information. I have so enjoyed reading this thread.

Erin

Congratulations on booking your first stay at BWI, @TravelE and being cancer-free. You have much to celebrate!

And congratulations on booking your first BWI stay, @patster734.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter