Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Their announcement is sure strangely worded since it began well before June 4th. But at least they put out an ending date that is helpful information.

Something I've wondered all along.... am I the only one who wondered why they even bothered to run it at all? Does anyone really ride it from the Epcot resorts to Epcot? I wondered that the entire time during our last trip. Especially each time we watched it leave the dock at Epcot as we started to walk and we made it in the door of the resort before it even docked at BWI (which is the first stop)

Sometimes riding the boat is just fun. Sometimes at the end of a long day, getting off your feet for even a little helps. We will take it from EPCOT to BWV if we see that we won't have to wait long.

I will second your comment about the Friendships being just fun to ride. Sometimes we just take a leisure round trip as long as it is not to hot or crowed. If you are in commando mode, then it would be a complete waste of your time.

Dave

Their announcement is sure strangely worded since it began well before June 4th. But at least they put out an ending date that is helpful information.

Something I've wondered all along.... am I the only one who wondered why they even bothered to run it at all? Does anyone really ride it from the Epcot resorts to Epcot? I wondered that the entire time during our last trip. Especially each time we watched it leave the dock at Epcot as we started to walk and we made it in the door of the resort before it even docked at BWI (which is the first stop)
I do, especially coming back....rest those weary feet any time I can. Yes, you can walk it faster, but sometimes it's not about saving time and more about saving feet.

It's not that walking is faster but I'm not even sure you save many steps of you are staying on the inn side. By the time we can walk the shortest straight path to the bridge vs around and down and on the boat at the Epcot dock we'd be half way up the bridge to Boardwalk. Then we have to walk all the way back over to the door in to the inn from the dock, which is fair distance past the entrance. If we go straight there from Epcot, cutting corners if you will close to the building, and compare, there are not many steps saved. At least not to me.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for room requests in the Villas? High/low floor? Near lobby? Near elevator? We are stayed no in a studio, standard view. Would appreciate any suggestions for keeping down the noise but avoiding a painful walking distance down the halls!

I will second your comment about the Friendships being just fun to ride. Sometimes we just take a leisure round trip as long as it is not to hot or crowed. If you are in commando mode, then it would be a complete waste of your time.

Dave
Every single trip DH & I take the boat to HS and back just to get a very pleasant ride. We don't get off anywhere. One time we went completely around twice. It's the reason we always stay on the Boardwalk even if for a Split Stay.

Hi I'm staying in a one bedroom garden view villa for the first time and wondering if anyone has any favorite room requests?? Also where are your favorite spots to view fireworks and can you see other parks like HS or MK from anywhere?? Thanks in advance, I'm staying with family that doesn't have park tickets and trying to maximize the magic °o°

Any suggestions for room requests in the Villas? High/low floor? Near lobby? Near elevator? We are stayed no in a studio, standard view. Would appreciate any suggestions for keeping down the noise but avoiding a painful walking distance down the halls!

Did you book on points (your own or rented), or did you make a cash reservation through Disney (online or phone)?

We did a few times our last visit. Mainly for the experience but also for the ability to sit. Plus the boat was there with no line each time. Probably would have walked if it wasn't. We weren't worried about timing though.

Sometimes riding the boat is just fun. Sometimes at the end of a long day, getting off your feet for even a little helps. We will take it from EPCOT to BWV if we see that we won't have to wait long.

I do, especially coming back....rest those weary feet any time I can. Yes, you can walk it faster, but sometimes it's not about saving time and more about saving feet.

I agree with all of the above. We just returned from a stay at BWI and every time we left Epcot there was a boat waiting with no line and it left as soon as we got on. We also saw alot of rain this trip, so having the boat was great instead of having to walk back to the resort in the rain.

We booked through rented points. Appreciate any recommendations!

Okay, this person will be in a standard view studio and is seeking advice on room requests "for keeping down the noise but avoiding a painful walking distance down the halls!" Booked on points, so it really will be a standard view. (People who book a standard view as a cash resie often end up with a better view.)

Any thoughts? I've never had a standard view, so I'm no help.

Okay, this person will be in a standard view studio and is seeking advice on room requests "for keeping down the noise but avoiding a painful walking distance down the halls!" Booked on points, so it really will be a standard view. (People who book a standard view as a cash resie often end up with a better view.)

Any thoughts? I've never had a standard view, so I'm no help.
We usually request across from the bus stop. You are away from the noise at the entrance. There is a stairway at that end to go out easily, plus it gets you closer to the path to the studios.
Denise

Would anyone have recommendations for preferred studio room requests? I’m renting points for the first time. I have a booking for a pool / garden view preferred room, not a boardwalk view.

We had rm 2129/2131 (can't remember which one was the studio....) which faced towards the tennis courts/small lake. It was down the end of the hall, but very close to bus stop and quiet pool, 2 minute walk to main pool, and 3 minute walk to lobby (I actually timed that). I liked the 2nd floor because we never had to deal with the elevator from the lobby and we just had to do 1 flight of stairs otherwise.

ETA: My request was near tennis courts

We booked through rented points. Appreciate any recommendations!

I've rented points twice for a standard studio at BWV. The first time, I just requested upper floor because I really didn't know much about the resort. We got lucky and got an awesome location, room 4085. It wasn't too far from the elevator and we could see the higher fireworks from EPCOT. So this past time when I rented points, I asked the person to request upper floor again and across from the bus stop in hopes of getting a similar room/view. We were in room 5079 and I was happy with it, except we had a tree blocking our fireworks view, but that didn't matter. Very close to the elevator which made it easy to get to the lobby, bus stop, pool, and boardwalk. Both locations were quiet. We did hear people coming back late at night a couple times on this past trip, but once they got in their room, we didn't hear them anymore so I don't think it was noise from the elevator. I'd definitely stay in either of those rooms again.

You guys renting points, are you going through a site like David's or a private owner? I'm on a waitlist for a preferred studio through David's for next May and just curious how often they come through or not?

You guys renting points, are you going through a site like David's or a private owner? I'm on a waitlist for a preferred studio through David's for next May and just curious how often they come through or not?
I went through David’s. I wasn’t able to get the standard view, but they were able to get me garden view. But, I also wasn’t at the 11 month mark, which is what they recommend to swing the standard view room. They also worked with me and talked me through which type of room was my best bet to successfully get. (I guess BWI was easier to swing than Beach Club at the time). We’ll see how I feel after my trip, it so far they’ve been great to work with.

I didn't use David's, but another points broker. I don't think I would go through an individual owner unless I knew them, and it was someone I could get hold of and pester if I had to.

I booked a preferred studio for January last week. Once the offer was put out to members to be picked up, it took about 24 hours to get booked. I didn't book at the 11 month mark, but it was before the 7 month window so I wasn't fighting with everyone for the room. As it was, I was originally going to go with Boulder Ridge, but the studios there were booked up for a couple of my dates before my request was posted.

Yeah, agreed. We rode from DHS to the first stop on the Boardwalk, then just walked to the IG and that was much faster than the boat. But it was nice riding from DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter