Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The Pizza Window, Boardwalk Bakery and the Boardwalk To Go are all right next to each other. You have lots of options. You can eat outside on the Boardwalk overlooking the water or take it upstairs and dine in the Bellvue Lounge. This is very close by too.

Thanks so much! We are currently booked at WL but not happy they are doing around the resort updating while we’re planned to be there. If we’re just rooms it would be one thing but we keep hearing it maybe other stuff. I was excited to stay there again b/c it’s been years. Now we’re looking into options. Have never stayed here and the eating options have been a main reason for being hesitant. The husband is pushing for the GF. We shall see.

Thanks so much! We are currently booked at WL but not happy they are doing around the resort updating while we’re planned to be there. If we’re just rooms it would be one thing but we keep hearing it maybe other stuff. I was excited to stay there again b/c it’s been years. Now we’re looking into options. Have never stayed here and the eating options have been a main reason for being hesitant. The husband is pushing for the GF. We shall see.
The Wilderness Lodge has recently undergone extensive renovations in the public areas of the resort, inside and out. We have stayed there during many of them. They are finished with that work and are currently updating the guest rooms, which do need to be updated.

The Boardwalk has a very unfortunate set up for food options. As you pointed out, eating outdoors is not always optimal. They don't have a counter service restaurant where you can order a normal breakfast and sit indoors to eat it. Muffins and yogurt do not qualify as breakfast to me. ;)

The Wilderness Lodge has recently undergone extensive renovations in the public areas of the resort, inside and out. We have stayed there during many of them. They are finished with that work and are currently updating the guest rooms, which do need to be updated.

The Boardwalk has a very unfortunate set up for food options. As you pointed out, eating outdoors is not always optimal. They don't have a counter service restaurant where you can order a normal breakfast and sit indoors to eat it. Muffins and yogurt do not qualify as breakfast to me. ;)

Thank you very much for the WL update. That was what I was thinking but I keep seeing rolling resort updates that will affect different parts of the resort. I thought they did most of that when they added the cabins and stole half the resort for DVC. LOL it’s our 29 yr anniversary and that’s where we stayed we got married. We have only been back once since then. I was really hoping to stay there again. Especially this year.

So you are making my point. We often all don't want to eat the same thing for lunch. Therefore we would be all over the resort getting food. At least that is how it seems. Then have no where to meet and eat it other than back at the room. Which isn't very convenient.

Also not sure why you mentioned value resorts and travel time. I said we stay at the Polynesian and Contemporary b/c they have easy access to Magic Kingdom (and Epcot). We spend most of our time at Magic Kingdom.
Honestly if you are used to the Seven Seas resorts set-up, Crescent Lake resorts might disappoint. QS at Boardwalk is very lacking (outside of going to Epcot) by comparison. I personally really liked the options available at Wilderness Lodge/CCV/BR. Lots of variety, lots of inside/outside space and still easy MK access. Big plus is CR is only a boat ride away.

We're staying for the first time at the Boardwalk in March. I booked a water view room, in my mind thinking it would be looking over the boardwalk. It just dawned on me, could it also mean a pool view? Hoping for Boardwalk view! Thoughts? We've never stayed here before-I'm a GF lover...but I think this will be amazing as well.
Water view at the BWI is the boardwalk view (almost positive of this). The pool view is a standard view as is some really pretty garden areas. The boardwalk view is our favorite resort view in Disney. We were GF lovers until we tried the BWI and now the BWI has become our favorite resort. Have a great trip.

Water view at the BWI is the boardwalk view (almost positive of this). The pool view is a standard view as is some really pretty garden areas. The boardwalk view is our favorite resort view in Disney. We were GF lovers until we tried the BWI and now the BWI has become our favorite resort. Have a great trip.

That was my belief as well with regard to the Inn side.

The lack of indoor food options is why I wouldn't stay at BWI again.

So - last september we stayed at BWI and booked a bounceback to WL. Now - in February I started having second thoughts as we truly enjoyed BWI so much. I ended up switching back to BWI lol. Our "compromise" (since the kids love the way the WL pool looks) is to book H20 glow nights as a surprise. ..

I would also say that if you spend most of your time at MK, then in the past you've no doubt use the monorail or a quick boat to get to MK from Poly or Contemporary. At BWI, you will be using the bus. Might not be great for you, as the bus does stop at other resorts for pick up and drop off (YC/BC/Swolphin).

We plan on most evenings at Epcot, so BWI is ideal for us. Nice stroll, and all the QS you could dream of!

I think BW Resort has its own bus to MK most of the time now. It did when we were there last week (Jan. 26 - Feb. 1). Hooray!
Correct for mk
AK tends to share often
DS always does

This is great! I think when we were there last we did get caught in quite a few shared bus situations for DS and AK. I thought for MK, too, but that was years ago, so who knows if it happened or not - LOL! I am glad it is a straight shot to MK now, especially since it is the only park we plan to do morning EMH.

I would also say that if you spend most of your time at MK, then in the past you've no doubt use the monorail or a quick boat to get to MK from Poly or Contemporary. At BWI, you will be using the bus. Might not be great for you, as the bus does stop at other resorts for pick up and drop off (YC/BC/Swolphin).

We plan on most evenings at Epcot, so BWI is ideal for us. Nice stroll, and all the QS you could dream of!

We drive so we always drive to the parks. Except MK, we loathe the ticket and transportation center. That's one of our main reasons for choosing a MK resort. lol

We are booked for Boardwalk June 20-24, Saturday night through Wednesday morning, for a business convention. Will there be street entertainers and carnival games every night? I read somewhere only Thursday through Sunday night. When do the carnival games usually open, and when to street entertainers usually begin, and when do they usually shut down? Thanks so much-

My friend has DVC Points. I can get a One bedroom garden / pool view. Can someone tell me the best location away from the pool for a garden view location? Certainly dont want a 20 min walk to room. Thanks!

My friend has DVC Points. I can get a One bedroom garden / pool view. Can someone tell me the best location away from the pool for a garden view location? Certainly dont want a 20 min walk to room. Thanks!

Village Green view on the lobby level floor or higher floor near elevator. Village Green is the opposite side of the pool, considered a garden view and you still get a decent view of the Boardwalk.

Heading to BWV in 2 weeks. Do the 1br villas have usb charging ports, or should i bring a multi charging docking station? Thanks!

Heading to BWV in 2 weeks. Do the 1br villas have usb charging ports, or should i bring a multi charging docking station? Thanks!
The 1 BR villas have two USB ports on each side of the bed, in addition to regular plugs. We don’t remember any USB ports elsewhere in the villa but were able to use charger blocks in the living room and didn’t need to use our multi ports (which we always bring when we travel, just in case).

The 1 BR villas have two USB ports on each side of the bed, in addition to regular plugs. We don’t remember any USB ports elsewhere in the villa but were able to use charger blocks in the living room and didn’t need to use our multi ports (which we always bring when we travel, just in case).
Perfect thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter