Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Village Green view on the lobby level floor or higher floor near elevator. Village Green is the opposite side of the pool, considered a garden view and you still get a decent view of the Boardwalk.
I think Village Green is only studios.

I think Village Green is only studios.

Touring Plans shows only one I think--and we all know how TP could be wrong--but it appears the VG one bedroom is on floors 3 and 4, i.e., 3051 and 4051. Plenty more away from the pool area behind the BW view rooms and then of course the other way toward the DHS end.

Touring Plans shows only one I think--and we all know how TP could be wrong--but it appears the VG one bedroom is on floors 3 and 4, i.e., 3051 and 4051. Plenty more away from the pool area behind the BW view rooms and then of course the other way toward the DHS end.
I thought they considered those BW view villas.

I thought they considered those BW view villas.
I think they started out as BW view but were changed to P/G after many people complained that the sort of sideways view of the Boardwalk area isn't really a Boardwalk view. I know we were once assigned the 1-bedroom that's at the end nearest the BW and asked to be moved because we didn't consider it BW view. Ironically we ended up liking it because of the huge balcony - even though we couldn't use the balcony because they were painting the outside of the building, lol!

Does anyone know if the Boardwalk store sells refrigerated French Vanilla Creamer? Trying to figure out if we need a grocery delivery or not.
Thanks

Hey all! Has anyone ever stayed in a “water view room” at the boardwalk inn and received one of the few rooms that were not a direct water/boardwalk view but rather a side view mixed w a courtyard view? If so, were you able to have your room switched? Thanks in advance everyone :)

Hey all! Has anyone ever stayed in a “water view room” at the boardwalk inn and received one of the few rooms that were not a direct water/boardwalk view but rather a side view mixed w a courtyard view? If so, were you able to have your room switched? Thanks in advance everyone :)

We did. We booked a water view and our balcony faced the green not the water. We didn’t complain or try to switch though.

We did. We booked a water view and our balcony faced the green not the water. We didn’t complain or try to switch though.
Thanks for the reply! Yes I know some prefer the partial view due to the noise! I just prefer the direct boardwalk view myself!

Thanks for the reply! Yes I know some prefer the partial view due to the noise! I just prefer the direct boardwalk view myself!
I like it because I find it a better view overall. You get water view AND green view both. Lots of activities on the green and you can see and hear the entertainers too. There's no noise from any of the rooms unless your door is open

We also prefer a direct boardwalk view. We thought about asking for a different room, but we were tired from traveling & were so happy to be there that we shrugged it off & decided to just enjoy our stay. It actually wasn’t that bad.

We are thinking about staying here, mostly because of location. I am not sure I am in love with rooms though. Do they look better in person?

We are thinking about staying here, mostly because of location. I am not sure I am in love with rooms though. Do they look better in person?
The rooms are definitely dated and could use a little refresh. IMHO I would stay at yacht/beach club if not going to choose a water view room at the boardwalk. The reason I love it there is due to the balconies in the water view rooms being so close to the lake/boardwalk (where as majority of them at yacht/beach club are set back or side views..) The location on the boardwalk is pretty great due to all the restaurants and the main pool tends to not be as crowded as stormalong bay (the main pool shared by yacht/beach club). So that’s my opinion, if you’re going to book a garden or standard view room I would suggest go with YC or BC which have been refurbished more recently it seems like!

Why not book a Boardwalk Villa? They have been refurbed more recently.

Can't remember who is travelling in OP's group, but the bed configuration in the villas is different from those in the rooms in the Inn. If it's a single person or a couple, then sometimes it doesn't matter. If it's a bigger group, sometimes it matters a lot.

Can't remember who is travelling in OP's group, but the bed configuration in the villas is different from those in the rooms in the Inn. If it's a single person or a couple, then sometimes it doesn't matter. If it's a bigger group, sometimes it matters a lot.
OP was just concerned with dated looking rooms at the Inn. I suggested booking a villa. No more to it than that.

Last edited:
The rooms are definitely dated and could use a little refresh. IMHO I would stay at yacht/beach club if not going to choose a water view room at the boardwalk. The reason I love it there is due to the balconies in the water view rooms being so close to the lake/boardwalk (where as majority of them at yacht/beach club are set back or side views..) The location on the boardwalk is pretty great due to all the restaurants and the main pool tends to not be as crowded as stormalong bay (the main pool shared by yacht/beach club). So that’s my opinion, if you’re going to book a garden or standard view room I would suggest go with YC or BC which have been refurbished more recently it seems like!
The rooms at the Yacht and BC do look very nice from what I have seen online. Thanks for your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!