Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Define soon? The Swan & Dolphin open July 29th, YC & BC don't open until Aug. 24, and the BWI does not open until Oct. 1st.

We might have a better indication after the guest traffic picks up around Crescent lake.

Dave
We’re staying atBWV the second week of sept. Now That BWI doesn’t open till October 1 I’m afraid big river grille and ESPN club won’t open till then. Or the corn dog cart. Anyone know? Most importantly, the boats. Yes I know you can walk and we did in our younger days. I know push my husbands wheelchair and pushing around the parks is tiring enough. I hate to be pooped out before we even get there😢

We’re staying atBWV the second week of sept. Now That BWI doesn’t open till October 1 I’m afraid big river grille and ESPN club won’t open till then. Or the corn dog cart. Anyone know? Most importantly, the boats. Yes I know you can walk and we did in our younger days. I know push my husbands wheelchair and pushing around the parks is tiring enough. I hate to be pooped out before we even get there😢

The friendship boats start running on July 29. :)

ETA: We have our first stay at BWV September 9-12! We were supposed to be on a DCL cruise that week but it was cancelled and this is our backup plan (we're DVC members staying on points).

ETA: We have our first stay at BWV September 9-12! We were supposed to be on a DCL cruise that week but it was cancelled and this is our backup plan (we're DVC members staying on points).

you have made me so happy! what a relief. now lets hope big river opens or the hot dog/corn dog cart. we'll be there from the 12-20. you will LOVE it! what category do you have? if you couldnt get boardwalk view and have pool/garden view you can request Village Green. those are mostly studios and overlook the grassy area in front of the lobby. you can see part of crescent lake and a bit of the "goings on" people walking back and forth etc. not that they'll be muchof that. but the 2nd floor Village Green rooms have a big overhand so the balconies are dark

you have made me so happy! what a relief. now lets hope big river opens or the hot dog/corn dog cart. we'll be there from the 12-20. you will LOVE it! what category do you have? if you couldnt get boardwalk view and have pool/garden view you can request Village Green. those are mostly studios and overlook the grassy area in front of the lobby. you can see part of crescent lake and a bit of the "goings on" people walking back and forth etc. not that they'll be muchof that. but the 2nd floor Village Green rooms have a big overhand so the balconies are dark

We opted for standard view because it took less points and we don't spend a ton of time in the room, anyway.

We opted for standard view because it took less points and we don't spend a ton of time in the room, anyway.
. We had a ground floor standard facing the entrance driveway. There was an expanse of grass between our patio and the driveway almost like a little park. Nice and we were halfway between a door to the Luna pool and the door to the villas quiet pool! Ps we live the hotdogs at Leaping Libations

. We had a ground floor standard facing the entrance driveway. There was an expanse of grass between our patio and the driveway almost like a little park. Nice and we were halfway between a door to the Luna pool and the door to the villas quiet pool! Ps we live the hotdogs at Leaping Libations
We just checked out of a 4th floor standard view and had a view of the front driveway, but our view was mostly blocked by a tree and it felt nice and private. Could see the Skyliner through the trees. Not too far from elevator and close to the stairs that take you to the main pool

Walked from BWV to DHS 3 mornings before park opening: day DGS opened, Friday, and Monday with no issues. The first couple of days there was a sign saying the walkway was closed, but it looked beaten up, like it had been there awhile. We walked around it. I think they just forgot to remove it at first.

To get to Beaches & Cream from Epcot, we had to enter BC and walk by Cape May AMD then exit again.

Walked from BWV to DHS 3 mornings before park opening: day DGS opened, Friday, and Monday with no issues. The first couple of days there was a sign saying the walkway was closed, but it looked beaten up, like it had been there awhile. We walked around it. I think they just forgot to remove it at first.

To get to Beaches & Cream from Epcot, we had to enter BC and walk by Cape May AMD then exit again.

Curious to when you left, and what the wait situation was like at the time you arrived? We will be at BW in a week

Curious to when you left, and what the wait situation was like at the time you arrived? We will be at BW in a week
Not OP but we stayed at BWV this past weekend. We didn’t feel like walking to DHS so we rode the Skyliner. We got to the station around 8:55 and there was a decent line, maybe 10-15 parties ahead of us? It opened around 9:05 and we were on with very little wait. Fast moving line at CBR to get to DHS. The rest of the day I never saw a line at any station for any line.

DHS opening day we left about 9:15. It was a 15-20 minute walk. When we got in, they were already lining people up for MMRR. We were still in line fro get ROTR BG at 10am. I don’t think we got out of MMRR until 10:30. That day was the busiest. The 2nd and 3rd days we left about 9am. The 2nd day there were a couple of group in front of us. They made us wait outside until after 9:30. We went to MMRR again. They opened it up before 9:45, and we were in line for SDD getting our ROTR BG at 10am. The 3rd day they were already letting people in about 9:15, and we were off MMRR around 9:30. Got ROTR BG just before stepping into the car for SDD. DHS opening times have really been all over the map.

That's very helpful, thank you.
I'm reading conflicting things about waiting an hour because of early waits. But I'm thinking those are ppl driving in, and not walking over. I'd love to walk- get in like you do and be able to skip out in the afternoon heat. We've done the walk many times- but usually earlier in the AM or after an early dinner to catch a few rides at night after a day somewhere else. With the 10-8 time- neither of those options are feasible.

I was wondering how things are at the Luna Park pool now that the parks are open. There were earlier reports that it was overcrowded.

I was wondering how things are at the Luna Park pool now that the parks are open. There were earlier reports that it was overcrowded.
The pool was decently busy last week, especially after 4pm when I think people were trickling back from the parks. The early park closures doesn't help either. However, chairs were easy to find.

Anyone notice if any of the night time entertainment is happening on the board walk?
No, I don't think there was any at all.

What is the site that shows where the certain room types are . We have a 2 bedroom garden room/ pool view room and want to know where they located on villa side.

Thank you

What is the site that shows where the certain room types are . We have a 2 bedroom garden room/ pool view room and want to know where they located on villa side.

Thank you
They could be in almost any location except along the front drive or along the Village Green (those are all dedicated studios). They could look out at the leisure pool or Luna Park. All two bedroom villas are lockoffs, so a combination of a studio and a one bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter