Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Normally we stay at the BWI, but this summer we were moved to WL DVC. We made a trek out to BWI one day earlier this week just to see it, and were shocked at how desolate the BW was at high noon.

Just asking... are all the lights on all along the BW at night like usual?

Normally we stay at the BWI, but this summer we were moved to WL DVC. We made a trek out to BWI one day earlier this week just to see it, and were shocked at how desolate the BW was at high noon.

Just asking... are all the lights on all along the BW at night like usual?
They had all the lights on, but it was still very quiet at night.

I’ll actually be at Boulder Ridge in August! What’s the vibe like?

I don't know if anyone has reported on this, but in the Orlando Sentinel today, they said there is no longer a scheduled opening date for BWI.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/tra...0200728-2r77lldjlngsrhyhlo2hktwhse-story.html
Yea it hit the internet on Monday, July 27th. Disney announced the rescheduled or holds for several resorts.

Poly - Aug. 12 - moved to Oct. 4th
BWI - Oct 1st - now TBD
BC - Aug. 24 - now TBD
AOA - Aug. 12 - moved to Nov. 1st

Reopening dates for the following resorts have not been provided:
  • Disney’s All-Stars Resorts
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter and Riverside
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (non-DVC)
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Dave

Those who have been lately, do you have any insight to the following questions?

Did you go to Abracadabar and if so did you feel comfortable? Are they serving small plates after 5 pm?

What was your fave QS item from either Leaping Horse Libations, BW bakery or BW pizza window?

my husband has a call he has to be in but chances are we won’t be in our room by that time it happens since it’s a 1:30 call... any best options for a quiet space?

First timers to BWV and very excited to check it out!

Did you go to Abracadabar and if so did you feel comfortable? Are they serving small plates after 5 pm?

What was your fave QS item from either Leaping Horse Libations, BW bakery or BW pizza window?

my husband has a call he has to be in but chances are we won’t be in our room by that time it happens since it’s a 1:30 call... any best options for a quiet space?

Not lately, but can answer a couple

AbracadaBar current menu - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/abracadabar/menus/

The Belle Vue Lounge is just off of the lobby area on the Inn side. It is not currently serving, but they might not mind if you sat there to take a call. There is seating in the lobby, which may or may not be quiet. There is also seating on the porch off the lobby and on the ground floor looking out onto the lawn. Again, these areas may or may not be quiet.

We were eating at Trattoria al Forno and Abracadabar was honestly pretty busy—I personally would not feel comfortable in there (Trattoria was pushing it).

I didn’t get anything from Leaping Horse Libations, but the Butter Butter sandwhich was a pretty good breakfast sandwich! Their baked goods were great as well, I loved the Mickey brownie. Muffins were super moist. The big and beefy sandwich would have been great if it was hot—it was served cold, I don’t know if you could ask for it to be warmed. The pizza from the pizza window was decent, a solid 7/10.

As the other poster mentioned, the currently closed Belle Vue Lounge would be a great place to make a call. No one was ever in there but the seating was open. The patio outside of the lounge was also very quiet, as was the Village Green. Even the lobby was pretty quiet. But Belle Vue would be my choice. When you walk into the lobby from the entrance, you turn right to enter the Inn side of the resort and you’ll find it!

Not lately, but can answer a couple

AbracadaBar current menu - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/abracadabar/menus/

The Belle Vue Lounge is just off of the lobby area on the Inn side. It is not currently serving, but they might not mind if you sat there to take a call. There is seating in the lobby, which may or may not be quiet. There is also seating on the porch off the lobby and on the ground floor looking out onto the lawn. Again, these areas may or may not be quiet.
Thank you! I’m so bummed Belle Vue isn’t open but will definitely use that as our back up plan.
We were eating at Trattoria al Forno and Abracadabar was honestly pretty busy—I personally would not feel comfortable in there (Trattoria was pushing it).

I didn’t get anything from Leaping Horse Libations, but the Butter Butter sandwhich was a pretty good breakfast sandwich! Their baked goods were great as well, I loved the Mickey brownie. Muffins were super moist. The big and beefy sandwich would have been great if it was hot—it was served cold, I don’t know if you could ask for it to be warmed. The pizza from the pizza window was decent, a solid 7/10.

As the other poster mentioned, the currently closed Belle Vue Lounge would be a great place to make a call. No one was ever in there but the seating was open. The patio outside of the lounge was also very quiet, as was the Village Green. Even the lobby was pretty quiet. But Belle Vue would be my choice. When you walk into the lobby from the entrance, you turn right to enter the Inn side of the resort and you’ll find it!
Definitely going to use the lounge plan, thanks!

We have reservations at Trattoria so good to know. We’ll plan to scope it out upon arrival and leave if it feels unsafe. Really appreciate the food opinions. Options are fairly limited so wanted to hone in on a few solid items if possible. I’ll gladly just live on Mickey brownie and cocktails :)

Thank you! I’m so bummed Belle Vue isn’t open but will definitely use that as our back up plan.

Definitely going to use the lounge plan, thanks!

We have reservations at Trattoria so good to know. We’ll plan to scope it out upon arrival and leave if it feels unsafe. Really appreciate the food opinions. Options are fairly limited so wanted to hone in on a few solid items if possible. I’ll gladly just live on Mickey brownie and cocktails :)
Trattoria wasn’t bad for the distancing, but I’ve just been reading more about indoor spaces being more likely for transmission and I just didn’t feel great about being indoors with so many people not wearing masks. The restaurant was distanced but busy.

And yeah, the main thing I didn’t like about Boardwalk was the quick service dining. Deluxe resorts aren’t usually as good with QS as moderate or values but most of them have at least a decent enough food court. BW only has the Bakery (good, but limited). Beach Club Marketplace is notoriously bad.

My suggestion for quick service dining is Primo Piatto at Riviera! The food is great there and reasonably priced. Caribbean Beach will also be open for your trip, I’ve heard great things about Spyglass Grill (I don’t know if it’s going to be open). There’s also the main food court there that I heard is pretty solid. The Skyliner is a short walk from BWV so that opens up your options a bit...could even go to the Pop food court if you want more options!!

Trattoria wasn’t bad for the distancing, but I’ve just been reading more about indoor spaces being more likely for transmission and I just didn’t feel great about being indoors with so many people not wearing masks. The restaurant was distanced but busy.

And yeah, the main thing I didn’t like about Boardwalk was the quick service dining. Deluxe resorts aren’t usually as good with QS as moderate or values but most of them have at least a decent enough food court. BW only has the Bakery (good, but limited). Beach Club Marketplace is notoriously bad.

My suggestion for quick service dining is Primo Piatto at Riviera! The food is great there and reasonably priced. Caribbean Beach will also be open for your trip, I’ve heard great things about Spyglass Grill (I don’t know if it’s going to be open). There’s also the main food court there that I heard is pretty solid. The Skyliner is a short walk from BWV so that opens up your options a bit...could even go to the Pop food court if you want more options!!
Good point! I hadn’t really considered heading to Riviera, but I’m open to it. That Croque monsieur is calling my name.

We haven’t been in a restaurant since March. Patios a couple times yes but that’s it. Yet we have multiple dining reservations at WDW because of the heat factor. Really hoping it’s safe.

Good point! I hadn’t really considered heading to Riviera, but I’m open to it. That Croque monsieur is calling my name.

We haven’t been in a restaurant since March. Patios a couple times yes but that’s it. Yet we have multiple dining reservations at WDW because of the heat factor. Really hoping it’s safe.
That croque is AMAZING! So rich but so good.

We went to Abracadabar twice and it wasn’t crowded and they’re serving food, but we just had drinks. Pizza window is pretty good for disney pizza. Beaches and cream is right across the lake and Martha’s Vineyard is open over there too but I haven’t tried it.

Definitely take the skyliner to Riviera. I think it has the best QS at a resort. Also, Le Petit Cafe is excellent, get the profiteroles!!!

Definitely take the skyliner to Riviera. I think it has the best QS at a resort.
What is the current situation as far as going to other resorts without having a dining reservation at that resort? I keep hearing differing experiences.

What is the current situation as far as going to other resorts without having a dining reservation at that resort? I keep hearing differing experiences.
As long as you arrive by Disney transportation, you have no issue getting into a resort. I’ve also heard that if you place a mobile order for quick service and show it to the security people at the entrance to the resort, they’ll let you in. I can neither confirm nor deny, though.

As long as you arrive by Disney transportation, you have no issue getting into a resort. I’ve also heard that if you place a mobile order for quick service and show it to the security people at the entrance to the resort, they’ll let you in. I can neither confirm nor deny, though.
Thank you!
We arrive early our first day. Have no set lunch plans and would be a fun start to get on the skyliner (new since our last stay) and try one of the new resort's QS. We had written-off that idea.

Has anyone heard of an upcoming rehab at BWI In summer of 2021??On the Disboard FB page, someone mentioned that Disney contacted her TA regarding her 5/29-6/8/2021 booking because BWI will not be open during that time. I just went to WDW website and found out no room is available during that time, nor early August when my booking will be. Haven’t got a call from WDW yet. Will update if I get a call.

The BWI is closed until further notice. This was announced on July 27th along with the BC and other resort delayed openings or indefinite closures.

The BWI future bookings follow the same pattern as the other resorts that had already been closed until further notice like the WL, All Stars, AKL Jambo and others. No bookings for the rest of 2020 and no bookings for 2021.

Dave

Hi! We booked in the beginning of July for the BWI in January 2021. Obviously they don’t have an opening date now. Yesterday a cast member called offering to upgrade us from BWI to an AKL villa. We declined it due to a bunch of different reasons. The cast member said we could stick it out at the boardwalk and see if they open by January and that they’d probably call us a few more times to switch. Since my family and I really don’t wanna stay at AKL what do y’all recommend we should do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter