Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi! We booked in the beginning of July for the BWI in January 2021. Obviously they don’t have an opening date now. Yesterday a cast member called offering to upgrade us from BWI to an AKL villa. We declined it due to a bunch of different reasons. The cast member said we could stick it out at the boardwalk and see if they open by January and that they’d probably call us a few more times to switch. Since my family and I really don’t wanna stay at AKL what do y’all recommend we should do?
Next time you talk to a CM, try telling them you wanted to be in the Epcot area for a reason. I’m surprised they didn’t offer BWV or BCV. If you get a good CM, they’re pretty flexible. We were originally booked at Caribbean Beach and were moved to the FW Cabins. I called back and said that it was too spread out and far from the parks and they offered us BWV, so if you explain you’d like to the close to the parks, I’m sure they will be able to help.

Hi! We booked in the beginning of July for the BWI in January 2021. Obviously they don’t have an opening date now. Yesterday a cast member called offering to upgrade us from BWI to an AKL villa. We declined it due to a bunch of different reasons. The cast member said we could stick it out at the boardwalk and see if they open by January and that they’d probably call us a few more times to switch. Since my family and I really don’t wanna stay at AKL what do y’all recommend we should do?
Can you ask if they can put you at contemporary or Polynesian? What about boardwalk villas? Or any other dvc resort. Old key west? Saratoga? Beach club villas?

We were suppose to be at BWI in January too but they moved us to the Riviera. I wasn’t given another option, but to be honest I was preoccupied by a medical issue while on the phone and didn’t ask. Now we’re thinking of calling back and asking for another resort. I don’t know what to do though 🤷🏼‍♀️

We were suppose to be at BWI in January too but they moved us to the Riviera. I wasn’t given another option, but to be honest I was preoccupied by a medical issue while on the phone and didn’t ask. Now we’re thinking of calling back and asking for another resort. I don’t know what to do though 🤷🏼‍♀️
Can't hurt to just call back and ask. Better than always wondering if you should have.

I would love to stay at the brand new Riviera. It has its own skyliner station so travel to epcot and DHS will be as convenient like at BWI. I read good things about the quick service place and saw a you tube video tour of both pools. They look great. And you can also use the CBR food court and Sebastians ( if it opens by then) toppling terrace at riviera has one of the only character breakfasts ( you still can’t hug them but you can take a selfie with them.

I would love to stay at the brand new Riviera. It has its own skyliner station so travel to epcot and DHS will be as convenient like at BWI. I read good things about the quick service place and saw a you tube video tour of both pools. They look great. And you can also use the CBR food court and Sebastians ( if it opens by then) toppling terrace at riviera has one of the only character breakfasts ( you still can’t hug them but you can take a selfie with them.
Ooh ooh! There’s a vlogger I follow: Prince Charming Dev. He just posted a you tube video titled” our mini staycation at riviera resort “. You should watch it!

I would definitely take that swap! It's all personal preference, but I love the Skyliner and the Riviera rooms are so new and are beautiful.

What was your fave QS item from either Leaping Horse Libations, BW bakery or BW pizza window?

Didn't eat at Leaping Horse. Husband got a cocktail though. We loved the grilled cheese and tomato soup and the chicken caesar. The grilled cheese is rather large, so my son and I would split it. He hates tomato, so I had the soup. I think we actually ordered it 3 times. It was way better than the grilled cheese at Beaches & Cream. The chicken caesar was really nice and had real, dark leafy green kale in it, along with other real lettuce. I really liked the yogurt parfait. It was plain Greek yogurt with real fruit. The granola/nut mix was in a separate container, so that it wouldn't get mushy. The croissants were surprisingly good too. Not as good as Les Halles, but probably the second best I have had on property. The desserts were all good too. It was our first visit to BW, and we just bought DVC there. We loved it. People said the selection at the bakery was less than normal, so I can't wait to see their full menu when the pandemonium ends/lessens.

Next time you talk to a CM, try telling them you wanted to be in the Epcot area for a reason. I’m surprised they didn’t offer BWV or BCV. If you get a good CM, they’re pretty flexible. We were originally booked at Caribbean Beach and were moved to the FW Cabins. I called back and said that it was too spread out and far from the parks and they offered us BWV, so if you explain you’d like to the close to the parks, I’m sure they will be able to help.

BWV and BCV are both DVC. They can move unbooked points rooms at 60 days to cash. There are also some rooms that DVC itself owns that they put out for cash. For January, there might not be much current availability for cash. You may have to wait until closer to the date.

If I remember correctly there used to be a free laundry room near the gym. There was also coin-operated laundry somewhere. Are either of these currently available?

Anyone there now or recently remember the movie on the village green schedule?
The schedule is posted in the lobby, or at least it was when were were there last week. There were four nights of movies but I do not remember the exact schedule, sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter