Disney's California Grill

epcotday1

Earning My Ears
Mr. George Kalogridis
President, Walt Disney World Resort
Post Office Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000

RE: California Grill – Saturday, April 14 - 8:00 PM.

Dear Mr. Kalogridis,

I recently enjoyed a visit to Disney parks and resorts. However, I had a negative experience at the California Grill that I would like to share with you with the hope that improvements can be made.

The cast member at the podium was neither friendly nor welcoming. Upstairs, there was an awkward moment when I was told to take any seat at the bar---and then was told that I could not sit there and that I had to move. The operation seemed disorganized.

The dining room was crowded and noisy. It felt understaffed and overbooked. The cast members seemed impersonal and indifferent. After a delay, my order was served lukewarm and salty.

Rather than being a relaxing and pleasant place to dine, your “Signature” fine dining restaurant provided a somewhat stressful environment.

In exchange for the $105 that I paid to California Grill, I received the most unpleasant dining experience that I have had at Walt Disney World.

It was particularly disappointing given the good food and service that I have enjoyed at that location over the years.

Something special has been lost there.

cc: Mr. Bob Chapek
Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Sorry you had a bad experience. I've had many wonderful dinners at the California Grill. Sounds like they had a bad night.

I had brunch there a week or so ago and it was wonderful. I've been there for dinner several times and service was always excellent (as was the food). Sorry you had a bad experience.

I think it is a good idea to write a letter after so they see how their guests feel and then they can look into the problems. I am curious to see how and if they respond.

We have been to dinner at CA about 4 times over the 9 years or so that we have been going to WDW and every time I find the food practically inedible due to how salty it is, we have never had an issue with service though. We have given up on dinner there but last month enjoyed a great brunch so we will stick with that from now on. I am sorry you had a bad meal.

We ate there last Tuesday night and loved it. We actually didn't have high hopes since the hype is so high on it but we had no complaints. I will say it was noisy because we got there right when the fireworks started and then when everyone came in from the terrace the noise level rose with them but it settled down. Our server was one of the best we have ever had on site and our food excellent. I come from a restaurant background including my grandmother who owned a restaurant, 2 brother's who are chefs, another brother who manages high end resorts and another brother who is a line cook so I don't hesitate to say when service or food is not good. I think you may have just had a bad night.

I made no comments at all to my server. However, he presented the bill with an "I apologize." He knew they were not having a good night.

I would have been better off if I had gone through the drive-thru at the McDonald's on property instead of going to the California Grill that night.

You didn't comment to your server that your food wasn't hot and was over-seasoned? Why not? You should never accept bad food.

images

This morning I received a pleasant call from someone at Walt Disney World about my California Grill letter. I was able to answer their questions and give some details that were not included in my letter for the sake of brevity.

I received an apology and will receive a refund in the amount of $105 in the form of an electronic Disney Gift Card. Thank you, Disney. I do appreciate the apology and your making things right with me.

See ya real soon!

I had a horrible experience the last time we had dinner there. We spoke to the manager who was probably the rudest of everyone and we won’t be back for dinner anytime soon. Brunch was really good though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter