Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

we will be there april 18 for 10 nights with the gift card. we would like to book hoop de doo revue, but I seem to remember you have to pay upfront for that. we would like to use the $750 gift card to pay for that. how would we go about doing that? also, anyone have any idea if they will come out with a room onlyy discount for late april? (the current on only goes through april 14)

Would love some feedback, input....arriving on November 19th with a party of 9. We are requesting 2 rooms (I know, I know not a guarantee, and that's fine if not, its just a "request") DH and I travelling with 7 kids ( 20, 18, 15, 13, 4, 18 mos and 1 yr) ( last 3 are fosters) we booked a preferred room. Wondering which rooms to "request" ( I know, I know. NOT a guarantee, only a request) we definitely would like ( need) a first floor both for strollers ( will have 2, double and single) and I'm going to NEED easy access to LOTS of caffeine ( in diet coke form) so, near a free style machine would be nice...but more important than diet coke ( if that is even possible!) Would be access to a "first" bus. I do not want to be left standing at a bus stop with that many small children while we are trying to get to rope drop. My TA suggested Jamaica? Is that easy access to the first bus pick up? I am not super concerned about looking construction, that won't bug me as much as getting everyone up at 0 dark thirty and having to wait 20 more minutes for a bus. Thanks for your input! We haven't stayed at CBR before! Usually POR.

We were in Martinique 24 a couple of weeks ago, bottom floor! It was great as we also had a stroller and we were first on and first off the bus! My husband stood several times to let moms with kids or elderly sit... but we most always were sitting! And the late nights getting off the bus first is so wonderful! Many times we had to make our way through a jammed packed bus to be the only family to get off at Martinique! It was lovely, while sometimes we got a few odd looks! Lol Enjoy your trip!!

@dansdad Could you expand on this please. I'm interested to know what the buses are like at POR vs CBR and I know you are very knowledgeable on both resorts.

During our multiple stays at POR, there were many mornings where a bus headed to the park we were going to would drive right on by our stop due to it being completely full. And other times a bus would stop but there was not enough room for everyone to get on. Now I'm sure this has probably happened at CBR, but in all our stays we have never seen it.

We were in Martinique 24 a couple of weeks ago, bottom floor! It was great as we also had a stroller and we were first on and first off the bus! My husband stood several times to let moms with kids or elderly sit... but we most always were sitting! And the late nights getting off the bus first is so wonderful! Many times we had to make our way through a jammed packed bus to be the only family to get off at Martinique! It was lovely, while sometimes we got a few odd looks! Lol Enjoy your trip!!
This is great news!! Thank you!!

I am confused about the gift card I’ve been reading about on this thread. My husband and I decided to add a day to our trip in November and we chose CBR because of the price and the king bed option. We are only staying 1 night and then moving to YC for the rest of the week. When I booked CBR, I didn’t notice anything about a gift card. Is there something I’m missing? Thanks for any information to help clear this up for me.

I am confused about the gift card I’ve been reading about on this thread. My husband and I decided to add a day to our trip in November and we chose CBR because of the price and the king bed option. We are only staying 1 night and then moving to YC for the rest of the week. When I booked CBR, I didn’t notice anything about a gift card. Is there something I’m missing? Thanks for any information to help clear this up for me.

When did you book? The Gift Card promotion ended about 7 months ago. You would have had to book by sometime in March.

We check in 3 weeks from today and just moved reservations from Pop to CBR a few weeks back and kind of wish now I hadn't read about everyone receiving the $75 per day gift cards! That's a pretty sweet deal! Looking forward to going, this will my 20th trip to WDW and 20 years ago our first stay on property was CBR. We live in Alabama and always drive so we are able to bring pretty much anything we need, drinks, snack foods etc. I was toying with the idea of buying a small inexpensive microwave to have one the room. Is that allowed? Am I crazy?! We generally always have breakfast in the room and it would be nice to be able to warm something up. I know there are microwaves where ever it is that they are currently serving food but I'm not going to walk somewhere to use a microwave!

When did you book? The Gift Card promotion ended about 7 months ago. You would have had to book by sometime in March.
Oh, I just booked today.... that would explain why I didn’t see anything about a gift card. Thanks for clearing that up for me!!

We check in 3 weeks from today and just moved reservations from Pop to CBR a few weeks back and kind of wish now I hadn't read about everyone receiving the $75 per day gift cards! That's a pretty sweet deal! Looking forward to going, this will my 20th trip to WDW and 20 years ago our first stay on property was CBR. We live in Alabama and always drive so we are able to bring pretty much anything we need, drinks, snack foods etc. I was toying with the idea of buying a small inexpensive microwave to have one the room. Is that allowed?

Officially, no.

Am I crazy?!

No.

we will be there april 18 for 10 nights with the gift card. we would like to book hoop de doo revue, but I seem to remember you have to pay upfront for that. we would like to use the $750 gift card to pay for that. how would we go about doing that? also, anyone have any idea if they will come out with a room onlyy discount for late april? (the current on only goes through april 14)

You won't get the gift card until you arrive so unfortunately, you won't be able to use that for Hoop de doo Revue. As for discounts, they have been fairly limited with them recently, but there should be some for your dates. As to when they will be released, it may be January, but that can change from year to year. Mousesavers has a good view of historical discounts. https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

You won't get the gift card until you arrive so unfortunately, you won't be able to use that for Hoop de doo Revue. As for discounts, they have been fairly limited with them recently, but there should be some for your dates. As to when they will be released, it may be January, but that can change from year to year. Mousesavers has a good view of historical discounts. https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

thanks! I suppose I could book it using my disney visa. I always pay the resort bill before we get there with my disney visa. then leave a small balance on my room (the amount of the hoop de doo). and then pay that off witht he gift card when we get there.

Considering staying here next April/ May. I understand construction is pretty extensive. Can anyone tell me what kind of food they have in the tent? How far away from MK is this?

Last edited:
Thanks. I don't see the buffet menu anywhere though.

Are there a lot of bus stops/full buses? I think that's one reason I didn't like POR.

If I'd like to be closer to the pool and a decent bus stop where should I look?

Thanks. I don't see the buffet menu anywhere though.

Here you go. This is the breakfast menu but there's a drop down on the upper left that you can change to lunch and dinner.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/caribbean-beach-resort/centertown-pavilion/menus/

Are there a lot of bus stops/full buses? I think that's one reason I didn't like POR.

There are 6 stops. We have not run into full buses leaving guests behind like we have during our stays at POR. I'm sure it may happen at CBR sometimes, but we've never seen it.

If I'd like to be closer to the pool and a decent bus stop where should I look?

Jamiaca 45 and Aruba 51 are both about a 4 minute stroll to the Main Feature pool and the food tent. Every Village has its own bus stop so you are always close to one no matter where you are.

Hello! I am planning a vacation for mid-February for my son's 2nd Disney trip (8 years old). I initially booked Caribbean Beach Resort because I was impressed with the discounts. However, I am starting to worry about the amount of construction and it's negative impact on our trip. Based on our last trip, we were in the parks from open to close every day, so I wasn't expecting the construction to be a big issue. But we also stayed off property so we made the most of our time. The more I think about it the more I'm worried. We are paying to be on property and I want to ensure we enjoy it.

I did just find what seems to be a great deal at Animal Kingdom and am tempted to switch. The animals and the restaurants sound amazing, but I was thrown off by a fair amount of negative reviews on TripAdvisor.

A couple questions I was hoping to get some help with:
- is the pool ambience affected at CBR? One of the selling for me was the pool. Can you see/hear construction while at the pool during the day?
- how noticeable is the construction? I seem to read conflicting reviews. Do you feel like you're in the middle of a construction site or is it more inconspicuous?
- more general question: what time do they do movie viewing and s'more roasting? Seems like a cool bonus, but if it's in early/middle evening it doesn't seem like a good use of time to leave whatever park we're at to come back for. Especially considering travel times.
- do you think it will be worse or better by February?
Thanks for your help!!

Last edited:
Here you go. This is the breakfast menu but there's a drop down on the upper left that you can change to lunch and dinner.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/caribbean-beach-resort/centertown-pavilion/menus/

There are 6 stops. We have not run into full buses leaving guests behind like we have during our stays at POR. I'm sure it may happen at CBR sometimes, but we've never seen it.

Jamiaca 45 and Aruba 51 are both about a 4 minute stroll to the Main Feature pool and the food tent. Every Village has its own bus stop so you are always close to one no matter where you are.

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!