Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We currently have a reservation for PO but want to switch because we love this resort. It will save us some money but we are just worried the construction will ruin are afternoon quiet time. Is there any construction going on around Jamaica? It was super quiet when we stayed last time and the quiet pool was amazing.

We currently have a reservation for PO but want to switch because we love this resort. It will save us some money but we are just worried the construction will ruin are afternoon quiet time. Is there any construction going on around Jamaica? It was super quiet when we stayed last time and the quiet pool was amazing.

Jamaica is about as far away from the construction as you can get.

There have been reports of construction noise from the Gondola Station affecting Jamaica.

Here now and having a great time. We’re in Martinique and the main drawback is you have to walk through construction walls behind Centertown to get to the food area. I requested Jamaica with Martinique as a second choice but we needed connecting rooms so that came first. We have a parking lot view but at least it’s convenient to get to the car, which we are using most of the time. So, with the parking lot and construction walls, the view isn’t what I had hoped for. But the gift card definitely makes it worth it. And our building is 26 so much closer than 24. Being the first bus drop off is great but I think we’re done with the buses for this trip.

We are here now & it looks like they are just getting started on the construction near Jamaica. It is on the outside of the road,not right next to the rooms. But I am pretty sure it might get noisy. Will try to get a picture later.

Does anyone know what kind of coffee pod to buy for the room? I don't like Goffrey's. Cast member said there are Cuisineart single serve coffee makers, but they're not k-Cup compatable. Checking in Saturday. Help greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I did online check in but never received a room ready text. Worked out just fine as I had to pick up our gift card due to construction (stayed 11/23-11/28 and had booked the year before). We’ve never stayed at this resort before so I definitely wanted to check in at the desk anyway. Loved the CM who checked us in! Absolutely an amazing experience.

At check in there was the 9ish year old little girl who was flipping her you know what about the cartoons on the waiting are TV and she wanted something else. Mom tried to talk her down but it went south quickly. The lovely CM checking us in addressed it quickly and told the dad (also checking in), that his party needs to take the unhappy girl out of the building. That throwing items and flailing on the floor is NOT Disney behavior and it affects others checking in. The dad was mortified and sent his party and vocal girl outside

I seen an updated map with the food carts and freestyle machines a couple of days ago. Does anyone know which page it was on?

I seen an updated map with the food carts and freestyle machines a couple of days ago. Does anyone know which page it was on?
I have these saved to my phone but perhaps someone has a higher-res version.

Attachments

• 17E0BD40-145D-4399-B580-B320106A6772.jpeg
    17E0BD40-145D-4399-B580-B320106A6772.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 392A285D-76A0-452E-A023-41A806E9DE2D.jpeg
    392A285D-76A0-452E-A023-41A806E9DE2D.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 48
Just got back and stayed in Jamaica 41. I really loved this location as we were in a corner room. We did hear a bunch of construction noise when we went back during the day. A few jack hammers and a few backing up trucks. Nothing major at all. We did go to center town buffett on the last morning for breakfast and wished we had gone before. We thought it was better then the garden grill. The cinnamon rolls were so good. It is well worth a quick service credit on the dining plan. There is a service entrance for cars next to Jamaica 41 but I liked it for a quick exit out of the resort. We had a great stay and wouldn't hesitate going back there even with construction.

Our last night here, here are a few thoughts. We arrived last Saturday morning around 10 am. There were a few people in front of us when we arrived, but not too bad. When we booked our free dining bounce back last year, we had to list DH & my son in 1 room, DDIL & me in the other. The CM had help from the back to get us changed to the correct rooms. We got our mugs in the check in building, but my room did not show our dining plan. Went to concierge/ guest services desk to get it fixed. Took her several tries to eventually get it fixed. It took til a little past 12 noon to get everything right. We had an ADR at The studios, so she did give us a taxi voucher so we would not be late. She also gave us 3 extra fastpasses. Unfortunately, she tied them all together & we were only spending part of the day together that day & already had those fastpasses arranged. So we could not use them. By 10:30 or so, the check in area was mobbed. And very chaotic. So be warned about that.

We left our luggage & carry on with bell services. We had yet another issue at our lunch adr (didn't show room charging privileges) so we had to stop at check in again. We asked for bell services to take us & our luggage to our room. Again, they were very busy with about 5 parties in front of us waiting. We gave our name & waited close to 15 minutes for our luggage. Finally we were told our luggage was all delivered to our DS's room, even tho no one was in the room & we were not ME. We then had to wait for the internal shuttle to get to our room. All in all, took about another 40 minutes.

We did eat at the buffet for dinner once & breakfast twice. Dinner was ok, really just ok. Breakfast was better, with the mini Mickey waffles. Strangely, this morning as we went thru, there was a CM serving the bacon from the back of the buffet. Very wierd. Everything else you served yourself, but here was a CM passing out 2 strips of bacon. I asked for extra & she gave me 1 more slice. She was there for a few minutes & then gone & you again could serve yourself. It was worth a counter service credit, but certainly not more than that. So it is priced right.

We were in Aruba & had several issues with crowded buses or everyone not fitting on the bus. This morning we went to Epcot from the buffet & got on at the center town stop. That bus did not go to Jamaica & Aruba, even tho there was still plenty of room on it. Made me wonder if that was part of the issues we were having all week with buses.

The room is clean & comfortable. We did not take the housekeeping credit but wanted housekeeping. No issues with housekeeping. We do have an issue with our door. The outside handle has been sticking several times. We almost could not get in the room Monday. My DH called maintaince but it was not fixed as promised. It doesn't happen every time so we are ok but should have been looked at.

We like PO Riverside more than CBR. I always read comments about how that resort is too big, but we found CBR big & confusing to navigate. The construction & fact that you can't acccess the front desk without a shuttle did not help with our opinion of the place. And the theme is not our style. But I will say the CMs have all been very friendly & as helpful as can be. All 3 CMs that we dealt with at check in will get very positive comments from us if we get a survey. They were all wonderful. And the CMs at the buffet were all very friendly with a smile & well wishes for a nice day & happy holiday.

Finally, as I said, I booked a free dining bounceback in Sept 2016. After the construction was announced, I called & requested to be moved but was denied that request. I was given the $75 a night credit however. We did indeed recieve the $75 per night gift card at check in also. I was pleasantly surprised that we actually got them. Without even asking about it. So with our discounts, I am very satisfied with the value of our vacation. I would not be if I had to pay full price however.

And thanks, Dansdad for all your helpful info on this thread!

That construction at the back entrance does not look like it will be done by March. Bummer, we really like it back there. We will request Jamaica nearest to Aruba. Thanks WEDWDW. You all are doing a great job at keeping up with all the updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter