Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

What's the best area to ask for if staying in a Standard room. We have 2 rooms booked and would like to know the best room to request. We will not really be eating at the resort. We would like to be close to bus/Skyliner and at least a soda machine if possible.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Th

What's the best area to ask for if staying in a Standard room. We have 2 rooms booked and would like to know the best room to request. We will not really be eating at the resort. We would like to be close to bus/Skyliner and at least a soda machine if possible.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Th

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations for Standard View rooms.

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations for Standard View rooms.
I had Aruba 54 and that was super close to the pool and a short walk to RR and Skyliner.

For people staying at CBR I can recommend the QS at RR. The mobile ordering is so easy. Since most food takes 10-20 mins to prepare create your order, say you are here and walk over .

Last night I ordered at8:58p then watched Epcot forever from my balcony and my order was ready at 9:15p.

Now that’s convenient!

I haven’t stayed at CBR since 2013 but had stayed there over 5 times. It really is lovely. Room was big with lots of storage.

Thermostats at both CBR and rr tho only go down to 68. Deal breaker for warmer months for me.

Skyliner is so easy. Rr is quick to Epcot.

For HS CBR has the edge.

I will post some RR pix over on the DVC section when I get a chance . The 1 br villa is lovely!

View attachment 473375View attachment 473376View attachment 473377View attachment 473378

Good morning from CBR!

Corner room is nice to request ! This room would be great with kids! Pool is right there !
great pics Trish. We haven’t stayed at CBR since 2007 I think! I’m looking forward to seeing all the changes. Thermostat is just fine with me, I don’t like a freezing room, usually keep Thermostat at 70, winter or summer!
We‘ll be in Jamaica or Aruba. i love those corner rooms too. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
my daughter and i are going to Disney this summer and right now are booked at BWI. While we both love BWI i was thinking of saving a bit of money and switching to Caribbean with the gondolas running now. The only rooms available though are king bed or Pirate rooms. Since it is my daughter and I we really don't want a king room so I was hoping someone on here could share their thoughts on the pirate rooms. Are they very different from the regular rooms? Are they further or closer to things? Any other tips someone might have would be great as well, thanks.

my daughter and i are going to Disney this summer and right now are booked at BWI. While we both love BWI i was thinking of saving a bit of money and switching to Caribbean with the gondolas running now. The only rooms available though are king bed or Pirate rooms. Since it is my daughter and I we really don't want a king room so I was hoping someone on here could share their thoughts on the pirate rooms. Are they very different from the regular rooms? Are they further or closer to things? Any other tips someone might have would be great as well, thanks.

Pirate rooms are located in the Trinidad section.

They have full beds instead of queens and have a different theme than the standard rooms. Here's a video I found on them:

Trinidad section has its own quick service called Spy Glass Grill. Here is a generally recent map so you can see where Trinidad is situated in the resort:

Hope this helps.

As you can see from the map posted, the pirate rooms are far away from main buildings, and main pool but looks like they’re fairly close to the gondola station. And there is a small outdoor quick service, Spyglass in Trinidad that was created with the new renovations.

Thank you firefly and sue, that info is very helpful. It does look somewhat close to the gondola station which is good. Don’t like the idea of paying more for smaller beds though as the pirate theming is not important to us.

Thank you firefly and sue, that info is very helpful. It does look somewhat close to the gondola station which is good. Don’t like the idea of paying more for smaller beds though as the pirate theming is not important to us.
I’d book something you can live with and keep looking, a regular room may pop up. People cancel and change plans all the time.

So here's a dumb question, if you are going to call a Lyft, is it recommended to call them from certain locations? Like can they pick up at say, the Trinidad bus stop?

So here's a dumb question, if you are going to call a Lyft, is it recommended to call them from certain locations? Like can they pick up at say, the Trinidad bus stop?

They can pick up at the circular drive of your building.

Is there any category of room that has less of a chance of being a connecting room? Last time my wife and I had a room that was a connecting room we kept hearing our neighbors during the night. I think we plan to try out the touring plans request system for the first time but just curious if connecting rooms are more or less likely to be available in certain room categories.
I read some where that the resorts are doing away with faxes.

Yeah, we've run into that at every WDW resort. A quick call to maintenance remedies that as they can override it. I agree, that would be a deal breaker for us in the warmer months.
I have read instructions on how to override them yourself. I have no idea what I did with the instructions though. Can probably do a google search and find it.

I read some where that the resorts are doing away with faxes.
Yes, I read that too, because room assignors have been moved to a central location and are no longer in the individual resorts. They now have an email. That’s what Touringplans uses now for room requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter