Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, I read that too, because room assignors have been moved to a central location and are no longer in the individual resorts. They now have an email. That’s what Touringplans uses now for room requests.
Oh good glad that touring plans use email now.

I did a few broad searches, and nothing really answered my questions.
So here goes...

Is the blow dryer at CBR conducive to a diffuser? They no longer provide those on-the-wall jokes, right? It's an actual hair dryer? I have my own diffuser which I will bring with me. It's supposed to be universally adaptable to all sizes of barrels, but not the wall kind.

Thanks for any help!

...and while I realize drying hair in Florida is completely pointless (was a FL resident years ago), I have to make a minor attempt to not look like a drowned rat all day every day. :scared1:

I did a few broad searches, and nothing really answered my questions.
So here goes...

Is the blow dryer at CBR conducive to a diffuser? They no longer provide those on-the-wall jokes, right? It's an actual hair dryer? I have my own diffuser which I will bring with me. It's supposed to be universally adaptable to all sizes of barrels, but not the wall kind.

Thanks for any help!

...and while I realize drying hair in Florida is completely pointless (was a FL resident years ago), I have to make a minor attempt to not look like a drowned rat all day every day. :scared1:
This or something similar now at ALL WDW Resorts. :)

My boyfriend and I booked a King room Oct 19-25th. Does anyone know that buildings that have king beds available. We are thinking about requesting Aruba or Jamica. Thanks in advance.

My boyfriend and I booked a King room Oct 19-25th. Does anyone know that buildings that have king beds available. We are thinking about requesting Aruba or Jamica. Thanks in advance.

Every building, except the ones in Trinidad, have King rooms.

We've decided on our dates (Nov 27-Dec 5) but there are only Pirate rooms available on line. I can book Nov 27-Dec 3 in a standard room. If I call would they have different availability? Should I just keep checking every day? I suppose we could stay the last couple days in a different resort, but a split stay is kind of a hassle. Thanks for any advice! (we need 3 rooms, by the way)

Looks nice! What room/building is that?
Aruba building 5416.

I would want Aruba, it was close to Rivera with Dining options there and super close to Skyliner.

Skyliner from RR went to Epcot direct.

Other side was RR to CBR, exit and get connection to either HS or POP/AOA .

It was quick and easy to use,

There is a Joffrey coffee right at CBR station.

Even leaving Epcot with huge line only waited 6 mins. Lines move fast,

During day ride alone, busy times 6-10 people but mostly was 6-8.

Just returned from a six-night stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. To begin, we had sent a fax 3-days before hand requesting Barbados Building 31 as we had paid for a preferred room. We wanted to be close to the Main Pool and Old Port Royale, but not on top of it. We had said any room (no corner, no first floor, none of that) and all we had hoped for was Building 31. At the airport as we were boarding our flight we got a text that our room was ready, Martinique Building 26, the closet to OPR. They had us in a courtyard room on the 1st floor and a corner, so looking on Touring Plans at the view and location, we decided that was a good fit. 20 minutes later, I get a call from the resort that the room they assigned us was having operational issues from maintenance, and that they had moved us to another room in Martinique. I asked if they had received my fax, and the assigner said they don't accept faxes anymore. I don't know if this is true, but she wasn't in a mood to talk to me...you could tell. She put us in another room, 2nd floor, and she said it was a Courtyard View. Looking on Touring Plans again after hanging up, it was a 2nd floor, parking lot view (and dumpster too!) and literally about the worst room one could be assigned for preferred in Martinique. I called back and said to her that the view wasn't a courtyard and she apologized and said that was the last room in the preferred areas and that was the only room they had and that we could switch in the AM. We arrived and the room was less than stellar, but we were in Disney and Caribbean Beach resort is beautiful! We went to check-in and they said in order to switch rooms we would have to STAY in our room until 11:00 in the AM and they we could move our stuff out and store it, go to the park (at 12:00 now) and come back at 3:00 for another room which they couldn't tell us which room it would be!? Well, instead of WASTING a day waiting for another room, we said we would stay in our room, since we are at the parks most of the day and the view was less important at that point. It was a rocky start, but the resort itself is really nice. It never felt crowded, which was nice, and the new lobby and the main pool is really, really nice. The Skyliner is amazing, but if you are not a walker (I am, so I don't mind) do NOT get a preferred room because it is a short hike to the main station. To tell you the truth, I would have rather stayed at Jamaica, because it was quiet and a short walk over the bridge to OPR and a short walk to Skyliner, so I would NOT pay for a preferred room unless you want to spend a lot of time at OPR. Now, here are TWO problems we encountered with Caribbean Beach. One, the food court change is just strange. The food is extremely limited and the service is very, very slow. The Coke Freestyle machines are great, but that is about it! Two, the BUSSES are awful. We waited for so long for so many times. If you are going to the MK, it was crazy long, and we tried the internal bus twice, and both times after waiting :30 minutes, walked instead. I heard MANY people complaining from parks about the Caribbean busses back to the resort. If you are at HS or EPCOT, the Skyliner is great, but to AK, MK, and DS, we waited ridiculous times for busses. Overall, I like the resort, but if you are a family relying on bus service especially to the MK, you may want to think twice.

Just returned from a six-night stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. To begin, we had sent a fax 3-days before hand requesting Barbados Building 31 as we had paid for a preferred room. We wanted to be close to the Main Pool and Old Port Royale, but not on top of it. We had said any room (no corner, no first floor, none of that) and all we had hoped for was Building 31. At the airport as we were boarding our flight we got a text that our room was ready, Martinique Building 26, the closet to OPR. They had us in a courtyard room on the 1st floor and a corner, so looking on Touring Plans at the view and location, we decided that was a good fit. 20 minutes later, I get a call from the resort that the room they assigned us was having operational issues from maintenance, and that they had moved us to another room in Martinique. I asked if they had received my fax, and the assigner said they don't accept faxes anymore. I don't know if this is true, but she wasn't in a mood to talk to me...you could tell. She put us in another room, 2nd floor, and she said it was a Courtyard View. Looking on Touring Plans again after hanging up, it was a 2nd floor, parking lot view (and dumpster too!) and literally about the worst room one could be assigned for preferred in Martinique. I called back and said to her that the view wasn't a courtyard and she apologized and said that was the last room in the preferred areas and that was the only room they had and that we could switch in the AM. We arrived and the room was less than stellar, but we were in Disney and Caribbean Beach resort is beautiful! We went to check-in and they said in order to switch rooms we would have to STAY in our room until 11:00 in the AM and they we could move our stuff out and store it, go to the park (at 12:00 now) and come back at 3:00 for another room which they couldn't tell us which room it would be!? Well, instead of WASTING a day waiting for another room, we said we would stay in our room, since we are at the parks most of the day and the view was less important at that point. It was a rocky start, but the resort itself is really nice. It never felt crowded, which was nice, and the new lobby and the main pool is really, really nice. The Skyliner is amazing, but if you are not a walker (I am, so I don't mind) do NOT get a preferred room because it is a short hike to the main station. To tell you the truth, I would have rather stayed at Jamaica, because it was quiet and a short walk over the bridge to OPR and a short walk to Skyliner, so I would NOT pay for a preferred room unless you want to spend a lot of time at OPR. Now, here are TWO problems we encountered with Caribbean Beach. One, the food court change is just strange. The food is extremely limited and the service is very, very slow. The Coke Freestyle machines are great, but that is about it! Two, the BUSSES are awful. We waited for so long for so many times. If you are going to the MK, it was crazy long, and we tried the internal bus twice, and both times after waiting :30 minutes, walked instead. I heard MANY people complaining from parks about the Caribbean busses back to the resort. If you are at HS or EPCOT, the Skyliner is great, but to AK, MK, and DS, we waited ridiculous times for busses. Overall, I like the resort, but if you are a family relying on bus service especially to the MK, you may want to think twice.
How was the service on your way from AK and MK TO CBR? Is going back any better?

From AK was poor. We got a Lyft at one point, and MK return was great at the VERY end of the night, AWFUL if it was anywhere from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Like I said, my DD-15 is older, so we do Lyfts more often now, but if I was relying on Disney busses for transportation to MK, I would NOT stay at Caribbean Beach...it would literally be a deal-breaker. Each time we went to MK, it was either from the Contemporary or Polynesian after taking a Lyft there after waiting TWO morning for a MK bus that took FOREVER to arrive, FOREVER to go all around the resort, and FOREVER to pick us up during the day.

Oh wow thanks for the review! Sorry about your room not being what you requested ugh! I’m not happy to hear about the buses 😩 I wonder if the buses from RR would be quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter