Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Ditto above post. At CBR now and we’re in Jamaica. Looks like majority of guests are in Jamaica and Aruba but all areas are open except for Trinidad which is actually closed right now, cones are blocking the area off. We have never stayed here before but heads up, when the skyliner is down for inclement weather, you have to head to the skyliner bus stop, not internal bus stops, to catch a bus to get to Epcot or DHS. We didn’t know that, as did other guests we talked to.

Is the skyliner bus stop near the actual skyliner?

Ditto above post. At CBR now and we’re in Jamaica. Looks like majority of guests are in Jamaica and Aruba but all areas are open except for Trinidad which is actually closed right now, cones are blocking the area off. We have never stayed here before but heads up, when the skyliner is down for inclement weather, you have to head to the skyliner bus stop, not internal bus stops, to catch a bus to get to Epcot or DHS. We didn’t know that, as did other guests we talked to.
Thanks for the tip on using the bus at the skyliner when the skyliner is not running. I would of not known what to do.

Is the skyliner bus stop near the actual skyliner?

Yes, since we’re at Jamaica building 45, the CBR skyliner depot is a short walk and the skyliner bus depot which is located just outside the skyliner entrance. I cannot speak to the bus location near the riviera skyliner station that’s shared with CBR.

For anyone who has stayed there since reopening. How was the bus transportation to MK and AK? In the past I have heard it was not very good especially going to MK. I just wondered if it was any better since there are not as many people.

For anyone who has stayed there since reopening. How was the bus transportation to MK and AK? In the past I have heard it was not very good especially going to MK. I just wondered if it was any better since there are not as many people.

We’ve been here since Monday and buses have been spotty. We’ve really not cared much since we really have no reason to rush for anything. I’m gonna say right now buses to MK and AK are 20-30 min avg. We’ve had better luck heading to Disney Springs. I’ll also add that there’s no longer any bus arrival times in the MDE app. I guess because transport is stretched thin they can’t accurately share bus arrival times in the app. They’re also not posted on the monitors at the bus depot. We’ve rolled with it since everything is not the norm but if I could go back in time and replan, I would have picked Boardwalk so we could walk.

We’ve been here since Monday and buses have been spotty. We’ve really not cared much since we really have no reason to rush for anything. I’m gonna say right now buses to MK and AK are 20-30 min avg. We’ve had better luck heading to Disney Springs. I’ll also add that there’s no longer any bus arrival times in the MDE app. I guess because transport is stretched thin they can’t accurately share bus arrival times in the app. They’re also not posted on the monitors at the bus depot. We’ve rolled with it since everything is not the norm but if I could go back in time and replan, I would have picked Boardwalk so we could walk.
Thanks! I guess 20 to 30 minutes is not bad. Did you have to wait long for a bus to pick you up at CBR?

I know the answer is probably no but are the Coke Freestyle machines open in the areas like Jamaica. That was sooo handy the last time I was there.

No, they're not available. They've even removed the icons from the property maps.

Is there a place we can you purchase and use refillable mugs after midnight? We might have a very late arrival time.

Just a heads up. The buses here have not really improved, not just regular ops but also when there’s inclement weather and getting to Epcot/DHS. I actually have been using the “chat with us” feature since we checked in Monday for many other issues, and I’ve called Disney transport, talked to bus drivers and went to the front desk and nobody has a clue. I’m guessing that bus issues aren’t isolated to CBR only however the normal, late afternoon storms (which should be expected by disney transportation since it’s pretty much a daily occurrence), removes tbe skyliner option and leaving you only buses at CBR to get to Epcot and DHS. I’ve been told that the buses only come to the skyliner stop as well as the contrary; that they’re supposed to hit all internal stops and the skyliner bus depot. It’s been about one bus/hour for DHS and Epcot at best. At the stop tonight, we waited 35 min for the internal bus during a light shower but some lightening, so no skyliner. We talked to two other families that experienced the same issues. I’m extremely disappointed. I think our family has been patient since there’s not much else you can do, but if WDW is going to reopen a resort, it needs to have full service operations for transport.

Just a heads up. The buses here have not really improved, not just regular ops but also when there’s inclement weather and getting to Epcot/DHS. I actually have been using the “chat with us” feature since we checked in Monday for many other issues, and I’ve called Disney transport, talked to bus drivers and went to the front desk and nobody has a clue. I’m guessing that bus issues aren’t isolated to CBR only however the normal, late afternoon storms (which should be expected by disney transportation since it’s pretty much a daily occurrence), removes tbe skyliner option and leaving you only buses at CBR to get to Epcot and DHS. I’ve been told that the buses only come to the skyliner stop as well as the contrary; that they’re supposed to hit all internal stops and the skyliner bus depot. It’s been about one bus/hour for DHS and Epcot at best. At the stop tonight, we waited 35 min for the internal bus during a light shower but some lightening, so no skyliner. We talked to two other families that experienced the same issues. I’m extremely disappointed. I think our family has been patient since there’s not much else you can do, but if WDW is going to reopen a resort, it needs to have full service operations for transport.

We have family at Pop and friends at Beach Club and both have the same complaints. It is property wide. Everyone feels they just don't have enough buses, drivers and CMs to handle transporting the current crowds.

Yes, since we’re at Jamaica building 45, the CBR skyliner depot is a short walk and the skyliner bus depot which is located just outside the skyliner entrance. I cannot speak to the bus location near the riviera skyliner station that’s shared with CBR.
Are they not using the bus stops at each village?

Are they not using the bus stops at each village?
They are however the buses to Epcot and DHS have been once/hour and often times have been skipping the regular village stops and only doing the skyliner depot. We’ve been having some major transportation issues but I gather it’s not just CBR. I spoke to Disney transport, the front desk and several bus drivers and every time I get different answers on what the policy should be.

They are however the buses to Epcot and DHS have been once/hour and often times have been skipping the regular village stops and only doing the skyliner depot. We’ve been having some major transportation issues but I gather it’s not just CBR. I spoke to Disney transport, the front desk and several bus drivers and every time I get different answers on what the policy should be.
Oh that doesn’t sound good. Good for you speaking up. Hopefully a lot of people will and they will do something about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter