Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

So they can bring the stranded resident back
That's a good idea.

So are they going to bring the people on the Diamond Princess to Disneyland when the quarantine ends? Because the US basically is treating its citizens on that ship as if they haven't been in quarantine, and making them do it over again in the States.

Tokyo Disneyland would be great for for the rest of the people to go to. Because they really need to remove everyone from the ship, yet it's not safe to allow them to go out in public.

In Australia the government sent 2 qantas planes to the wuan and then flew them to a island way off (Christmas Island) the the mainland. They have stay there for 2 weeks. Only Australia citizens can come from the rest of mainland China with no direct flights for the last 3 weeks

I've heard that Holland America's Westerdam (a.k.a. the cruise to nowhere) cruise ship has disembarked almost all the passengers in Cambodia. They also started the process of flying the guests back to their homes (~1,200 out ~1,500). Everything looked fine, but there is a report that 1 person flying home has tested positive for coronavirus. They also are reporting they flew with ~145 other passengers on the plane home. I better post the link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...m-cruise-passenger-tests-positive/4771419002/
I have a cruise booked later this year and am really hoping by then this will have all been contained and/or vaccine is tested and available.

I've heard that Holland America's Westerdam (a.k.a. the cruise to nowhere) cruise ship has disembarked almost all the passengers in Cambodia. They also started the process of flying the guests back to their homes (~1,200 out ~1,500). Everything looked fine, but there is a report that 1 person flying home has tested positive for coronavirus. They also are reporting they flew with ~145 other passengers on the plane home. I better post the link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...m-cruise-passenger-tests-positive/4771419002/
I have a cruise booked later this year and am really hoping by then this will have all been contained and/or vaccine is tested and available.
There is a lengthy discussion about cruising & the virus on the Dis Boards that might help answer your questions. Most of the discussion of this topic seems to have moved here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...iamond-princess-cruise.3790295/#post-61519733

That's a good idea.

So are they going to bring the people on the Diamond Princess to Disneyland when the quarantine ends? Because the US basically is treating its citizens on that ship as if they haven't been in quarantine, and making them do it over again in the States.

Tokyo Disneyland would be great for for the rest of the people to go to. Because they really need to remove everyone from the ship, yet it's not safe to allow them to go out in public.

Tokyo Disneyland is still operating normally though. Why would they bring passengers there?

Japan has Olympics coming up.

Exactly. And their government is a fan of burying their heads in the sand and pretending that bad things aren't happening. Cancelling the Olympics would be a HUGE economic blow to an economy that is already kind of tanking. They won't cancel the Olympics unless they are forced to, even in the face of a crisis.

Exactly. And their government is a fan of burying their heads in the sand and pretending that bad things aren't happening. Cancelling the Olympics would be a HUGE economic blow to an economy that is already kind of tanking. They won't cancel the Olympics unless they are forced to, even in the face of a crisis.
Worse comes to worst, they will end up doing the Olympics like they are going to do the Tokyo marathon. They will hold the events with no fans in attendance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts