Asia Disney Parks closed due to Coronavirus (SHDL, HKDL, TDL)

Sounds like a big breakout will happen in califorina. One person who has not been overseas or contact with someone overseas has it. I hear they happen to live near the base were US citizens were flown into with the report that staff there don't have any safety equipment for them self

Sounds like a big breakout will happen in califorina. One person who has not been overseas or contact with someone overseas has it. I hear they happen to live near the base were US citizens were flown into with the report that staff there don't have any safety equipment for them self

Was all this stated as fact?

I'm throwing myself a pity party right now. Major first world problems, major selfishness, but I am so bummed this may wind up impacting our Spring break WDW trip. I'm more worried about traveling to Disney by plane (and it being a connecting flight) than WDW itself right now, but a passenger was pulled off a flight that landed here today with suspected Covid-19 after she decided to get on a plane feeling sick with a travel history to China.

Feels like non dis approved word is going to hit the fan pretty soon here in North America.

I'm throwing myself a pity party right now. Major first world problems, major selfishness, but I am so bummed this may wind up impacting our Spring break WDW trip. I'm more worried about traveling to Disney by plane (and it being a connecting flight) than WDW itself right now, but a passenger was pulled off a flight that landed here today with suspected Covid-19 after she decided to get on a plane feeling sick with a travel history to China.

Feels like non dis approved word is going to hit the fan pretty soon here in North America.

Yup, we've got a May trip that I'm concerned about. Hoping for the best.

Amazingly, they have already sequenced the RNA of the virus that the person from Solano County has, and can compare any tiny differences between it & the viruses of the people in the quarantine. So they'll figure out soon enough if there was a breach in infectious disease protocol at the base. Then they can fill in the missing steps in between and hopefully be able to stop an outbreak before it gets going.

If they use all the tools available a lot can be done to minimize the impact of this virus, it's such interesting stuff but I wish I was learning about this under different circumstances!

Can you share a news link about that story?

How long until Paris has to shut? I give it until late march.

France is somehow quite low on infected cases currently (quite remarkable considering how they all insist on kissing each other as a greeting). But it will surely spread from Italy.

This story states the person was from solona County. Also names a base in salona County were one of the oversea flights with people with coronavirus flew into. A few stories today about whistle blower saying people at the airport didn't even have face mask
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/california-is-monitoring-8400-people-for-the-coronavirus.html
Monitoring 8400 and I'm sure I read elsewhere they only have 200 test kits in the state. So they probably have no clue how many of those 8400 are actually infected if any.

DS is going on a school trip to Paris including DLP next week. They have sent letters to say, as of yesterday the trip is going ahead. But, that could still change.
I don't know. My husband has leukaemia, so we are VERY aware of immunological issues. We are not overly concerned here as of now.
Things change. We keep up to date and we see what happens. We still go out, we travel sensibly. I am still planning to go to WDW in June, unless things change. I don't know whether that will happen.
We already have stocks based on the stress of Brexit here.
Between floods, fires, locusts, and Covid -19, the psychological impact of being in the world at this time is not small, and while hysteria is unhelpful, it is definitely very understandable that people are afraid.
My husband jokes that he's OK until the frogs arrive. When the frogs arrive, we know we're in trouble.

I do some engineering work for the Navy, and we received notice yesterday that Navy personnel currently stationed stateside are directed to halt all travel outside the continental United States.

ETA: After re-reading the information I received, it's not clear to me yet if this just applies to the engineering command or all stateside Navy personnel.

Last edited:
Look, I may not have the same views as some of you, but I am a reasonably intelligent person.

We always have two weeks worth of food. It's not all non-perishable but I don't foresee gas or water being turned off. And i bought a can of Spam just because i never tried it! 😀
My parents are 81 and my sister has lupus. I am ridiculously cautious about them.

(also have 2 weeks of wine and coffee)

There is always a happy medium
Fortunately (or not, depending on the time of year), we live in hurricane country. So we always have a large supply of food, water, medications, etc. in our hurricane kit. The only thing we will be further stocking up on is toilet paper. Never want to run out of that!

So, it’s no longer a case of if WDW will close but when and for how long.
I disagree. It depends on how bad things get stateside and what precautions are taken. I remember when H1N1 happened when I was in high school, it was like the sky was falling. But malls didn’t close, people kept going to sporting events, life went on. I only see the stateside parks closing if people are too afraid to do the above activities. Then there’s going to be a lot bigger problems in the day to day then just Disney being closed

The situation in Italy it's not good the numbers are not good. The situation in Lodi has worsen considerably they have had 51 new hospitalizations in the night and 17 of these are needing intensive therapy. Lodi doesn't have these many intensive therapy beds so they are being sent to other parts of the region yesterday there were 100 spaces left in Lombardy for intensive therapy today 83.

And the worse part of this is that there are a growing number of people who are starting to criticise the government saying it's exaggerating in taking all these restrictive measures and that it's just a common flu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200228_125054_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228_125054_com.android.chrome.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts