Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Not sure what this means, but it appears that 4 rooms on ground floor of Hawaii building at Poly are currently in use. They added chairs to 4 of the patios, and I saw a guest leave his room through the patio door this morning. The chairs from all other regular and CL patios/balconies are absent. Could just be that they overbooked the villas.

I told the CM I wasn't suprised about the Christmas party, it was only a matter of time since I don't think things are gonna change a whole lot between now and then (although obviously I hope/wish they would). I would LOVE to see a discount for the second half of our split stay, honestly, I'm really crossing my fingers her prediction is correct. We do have a pretty sweet discount for the first half, but man I do love to save some money especially at Christmas!

I agree that I don't think things will change a lot between now and then but, like you, I hope/wish they do. One of the reasons we cancelled our Dec trip was because we planned to take our DSs girlfriends and decided it wasn't worth it with so much taken away/closed (especially since one of the girls has only been to Disney once in 2006). Looking at all the restrictions/closures, we thought it'd be best to cancel and try to go next December when (hopefully) everything is back (fireworks, park hopping, etc). With that said, if things do change for the better and some restrictions are lifted, DH & I might go for a quick weekend, so a deep discount would be nice :).

Hi, all - I haven't seen this asked recently - have the elevators from BLT been as backed up as those in CR? Thank you!

Hey all, I've just been a bit bummed lately because we would normally be getting ready to go on our annual CL anniversary trip and obviously we're not this year. So I thought it might be nice for everyone on this thread to share your best memories of CL. I know there are sooo many people on these boards who say, CL is not "worth it" and from a purely $ standpoint its probably not. However, its the little moments of magic that the CL staff do that makes it all worthwhile to us and I have a feeling I'm not alone. So here are my best memories of CL (and this was REALLY super hard to do) in no particular order.
1) BWI- Chef Redgie is plating my dish and casually asks if my kids like caramel and apples and I replied with a yes. About 10 minutes later a platter arrives at our table with sliced apples and a bowl of caramel that he had just made because he didn't think my kids had enough to choose from that night
2) CSR business class (RIP)- my DS had gotten sick and threw up everywhere. The lounge was right beside our room so I asked them where the laundry was. When I went back to the lounge to get a sprite they were wrapping up cookies and put Mickey stickers on them for when he felt better. Side story, I wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning, hearing a crunching sound, it was my son, 3 at the time, eating the cookies, he was perfectly fine the rest of the trip.
3) WL- Drinking sparkling wine and eating gold dusted cupcakes while watching HEA from my balcony.
4) BWI- I ask if they have any soy milk for my lactose intolerant DS. They say only almond milk which he doesn't really like so I just say he can just drink juice no problem. 5 minutes later Chef Sara appears with 5 vanilla soy milks saying Mickey overheard he needed some.
5) The nespresso machine! So much better than resort coffee, no long line at Starbucks, I can roll out of bed walk down to the lounge (in appropriate attire) and make one. I have fallen in love with this thing so much that I bought one last year. In fact, my nespresso order came yesterday, I was down to my last pod, so I was so happy when it came that I hugged the box. My DH said now look kids how mommy greeted daddy and how mommy greets her coffee, it's obvious which she loves more.:hyper:

Hey all, I've just been a bit bummed lately because we would normally be getting ready to go on our annual CL anniversary trip and obviously we're not this year. So I thought it might be nice for everyone on this thread to share your best memories of CL. I know there are sooo many people on these boards who say, CL is not "worth it" and from a purely $ standpoint its probably not. However, its the little moments of magic that the CL staff do that makes it all worthwhile to us and I have a feeling I'm not alone. So here are my best memories of CL (and this was REALLY super hard to do) in no particular order.
1) BWI- Chef Redgie is plating my dish and casually asks if my kids like caramel and apples and I replied with a yes. About 10 minutes later a platter arrives at our table with sliced apples and a bowl of caramel that he had just made because he didn't think my kids had enough to choose from that night
2) CSR business class (RIP)- my DS had gotten sick and threw up everywhere. The lounge was right beside our room so I asked them where the laundry was. When I went back to the lounge to get a sprite they were wrapping up cookies and put Mickey stickers on them for when he felt better. Side story, I wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning, hearing a crunching sound, it was my son, 3 at the time, eating the cookies, he was perfectly fine the rest of the trip.
3) WL- Drinking sparkling wine and eating gold dusted cupcakes while watching HEA from my balcony.
4) BWI- I ask if they have any soy milk for my lactose intolerant DS. They say only almond milk which he doesn't really like so I just say he can just drink juice no problem. 5 minutes later Chef Sara appears with 5 vanilla soy milks saying Mickey overheard he needed some.
5) The nespresso machine! So much better than resort coffee, no long line at Starbucks, I can roll out of bed walk down to the lounge (in appropriate attire) and make one. I have fallen in love with this thing so much that I bought one last year. In fact, my nespresso order came yesterday, I was down to my last pod, so I was so happy when it came that I hugged the box. My DH said now look kids how mommy greeted daddy and how mommy greets her coffee, it's obvious which she loves more.:hyper:
Love this!!! One of my favorite memories was also with Chef Redgie at BWI. My first night there and he’s cooking up a storm, one meal which contains an Alfredo like cheese sauce. I told him I couldn’t make up my mind because it all looked so good, and he leans in and whispers “do you like bread with cheese sauce?” And I said “who doesn’t like bread with cheese sauce?!” So he told me to go grab a plate with bread and to come back to see him, so I do, and he hands me a big bowl filled with that yummy cheese sauce. Not a tiny bowl, like a cereal size bowl filled to the top. He told me to come back and see him if it wasn’t enough, thankfully it was more than enough because I don’t know if my cholesterol could take more 😂. Of course that trip, my first at BWI, is my favorite trip by far all contributed to the CL staff.

Hi, all - I haven't seen this asked recently - have the elevators from BLT been as backed up as those in CR? Thank you!
Might want to ask this in the CR/BLT thread if you haven't already, I'm sure someone over there knows.

One of my favorite "CL" memories (DH points out it was technically business level haha) was at CSR in 2013. We are from MA, and our DS is a huge Red Sox fan. There was another family who were frequently at our bus stop and in the lounge that were Cardinals fans!! Honestly it was so much fun, we'd arrive at the bus stop wearing our Sox stuff and they had their Cardinals on, we'd just smile and chat a little. Obviously the Series went our way, and the morning after the win when we again bumped into that family was proof that you can be on opposing teams and still make new friends!

So many!
1) Ds 14th we were upgraded at checkin . He wore the robe and called himself king John all trip! Had his fill of cookies and nesquick that trip!
2) dd and I tried GF sl one night end of trip. We ate everything lol.
3) Francisco at GF sl and rpc has made dd special birthday chocolate milk, this March he made her a special parfait. He makes me special drinks too, never just plain sparkling!
4) Somoung(sp wrong) the maid in rpc gets me fresh flowers every time because she recognizes me. She uses the wine glasses in the room for a vase , sweet.
5) wl Nov 18. I sat overlooking tree with sparking and felt like the star of a hallmark Christmas movie. So beautiful!
6)grabbing Pogmosas at poly cl and sitting the pool or enjoying the view of the castle and Seven Seas lagoon from our patio......
7) taking my mom on her 1st cl trip at poly. They put the Christmas tree up 2nd day and she was so excited how it just showed up like that😊 🎄
8) took mom to bwi/gf rpc split a December. She loves the decor. Mom doesn’t drink very much but enjoyed having wine every afternoon and at night 🍷
9)AKL cl with my kids a few years ago. Dd and I loved the POGmosa there too and Ds enjoyed the animals in spite of his age (21)he was childlike in spite of himself.
10)CSR bc was fun for me and dd both times. Best sangrias on property. You need a fork for all the fruit!
11)CSR tower deluxe suite cl. Ahhhh self serv alcohol, yummy food all day. Room was across from lounge one of the trips so fun to run back and forth! I also enjoyed they had different stemware! Fun to choose!
12) getting the chef plate of treats and a case of water in Atrium cl. They kept saying I was a VIP. ??? Ok? CR only cl that gives a whole bottle of wine upon request. 🍷🍷🍷

Every trip is a great trip. 💙 It’s the memories we make with our friends and families that carry us through tough times like these today.

My favorite CL memory is from our November trip in 2016. In the past we had always stayed AKL CL, but after a not so magical stay, we booked GF Sugar Loaf (my daughters choice). We were upgraded to a deluxe room RPC. The Christmas tree magically appeared over night and the whole trip was just wonderful. I thanked every person we came in contact with for the wonderful surprise. After AKL we were ready to “quit” Disney for a while, but that extra bit of kindness just instilled my LOVE of it even more. Have made several CL resort stays (multiple times a year) since then and now own 3 DVC contracts. Guest Services sure knew what they were doing with that selectively placed pixie dust!

Booking first ever Poly CL stay an getting an upgrade to Ambassador Suite. We had driven down and they met us at check in with signs. They told us we were upgraded and I was really non-reactive because I was so shocked! Then they took us to tour the suite. My kids were going crazy. They left a really nice gift basket surrounded by a bunch of leis and a beautiful, live flower lei in the room. Asked for wine or sangria one night in the lounge and it was so empty the CM said, ‘just take the bottle back to your room’. Asked for water bottles and they left a case in the room. The suite was decorated for Christmas with its own tree.

Sons being amazed with the made to order omelets on Sunday morning at BWI.

GF RPC loved just sitting in the lobby and people watching with the live music. A CM offering my young adult sons a ‘wine tasting’. Abdul. Scones at tea time. Our ninja housekeeper.

Those things come to mind. Lots of good memories. Some really magical times.

Last edited:
Hey all, I've just been a bit bummed lately because we would normally be getting ready to go on our annual CL anniversary trip and obviously we're not this year. So I thought it might be nice for everyone on this thread to share your best memories of CL. I know there are sooo many people on these boards who say, CL is not "worth it" and from a purely $ standpoint its probably not. However, its the little moments of magic that the CL staff do that makes it all worthwhile to us and I have a feeling I'm not alone.

1. First BWI CL stay, June 2018......all of the CL CMs were amazing, but Brittany stands out as she was always in the lounge when we arrived and always made a point to talk to us. She would see us coming and disappear briefly, only to reappear just seconds later with our favorite drinks in hand. It was an amazing stay!!!

2. Poly CL, Oct 2018......my sister and I were there with our niece and while I don't remember names, several of the CL CMs made a fuss over my niece (she was 6 at the time). We always received an "Aloha" when entering or leaving the lounge and were always told if we needed anything to just ask.

3. CR CL, Dec 2019.....weekend trip with DH and first time staying at CR. Our stay was amazing from the moment we got off the elevator on the 12th floor to the moment we left. We had some great chats with Jim. He was always around when we left for the day and whenever we came back to lounge. Overall amazing time as all of the CL CMs were very friendly and personable.

Check out the start of Matisse Thybulle's vlog #6 from inside the Disney NBA bubble to see what Disney's version of concierge food service currently looks like. It's a bit rough, but part of it has to do with the fact that they're using large open rooms and areas not intended for CL service.

They're also trying to feed hundreds of very hungry tall men. I love these vlogs especially when you see the guys just reach up and touch the high ceilings as though they're in the way. :rotfl:

Last edited:
1. First BWI CL stay, June 2018......all of the CL CMs were amazing, but Brittany stands out as she was always in the lounge when we arrived and always made a point to talk to us. She would see us coming and disappear briefly, only to reappear just seconds later with our favorite drinks in hand. It was an amazing stay!!!

2. Poly CL, Oct 2018......my sister and I were there with our niece and while I don't remember names, several of the CL CMs made a fuss over my niece (she was 6 at the time). We always received an "Aloha" when entering or leaving the lounge and were always told if we needed anything to just ask.

3. CR CL, Dec 2019.....weekend trip with DH and first time staying at CR. Our stay was amazing from the moment we got off the elevator on the 12th floor to the moment we left. We had some great chats with Jim. He was always around when we left for the day and whenever we came back to lounge. Overall amazing time as all of the CL CMs were very friendly and personable.
Brittany was wonderful during our BWI stay as well!

2008 WL CL stay, back when the lounge was in that tiny room with just seating along the rail. We had gotten up early and rope dropped a park. When we returned we had a message on our phone from Jack (who I believe now leads tours at the lodge?). We went back to the desk area and he said he had called because they had an opening for Flag Family and thought we would have wanted to do that. He had seen us grabbing coffee as they opened the lounge that morning so he knew we were up. A little bummed to have missed it, I thanked him for thinking of us. He then said, "do you you time now to see the roof top views?" Heck yeah. So we got to navigate the weird secret hallway up to the roof of the WL and get all sorts of views pictures. So cool and it was a beautiful sunny day.

2006 WL CL, we were on our honeymoon and had so much attention from the CL staff. CL was a ghost town and every night they plied us with taking extra of desserts because no one was there.

2017 WL CL, walking from the CL gate across the walkway over the lobby, my DD (almost 7 at the time) takes this deep breath and says "Ahhh there it is, I love that lodge smell". Parenting win. :-) She also discovered macaroons that trip.

Disneyland update: DLH is no longer booking CL through Dec. Someone reached out via chat and confirmed DLH isn’t booking CL through Dec but GCH and PPH still are.

A couple things could be at play here...

1) DLH CL has no way to open windows for fresh air, GCH does. The GCH remodel expanded seating on the patio, not a ton of seating but a decent amount, and added sliding features to the windows that cover one side of the club so it can get a good breeze going in there. But I don’t think PPH has fresh air capabilities as I believe it doesn’t have any windows which leads too...

2) convention areas. I believe most of the DLH convention area is basically being torn down for the new DVC tower. I know GCH has convention spaces and PPH does too. Might be they even plan to use outdoor spaces, which could be reduced at DLH due to DVC construction *shudder at the tales told from the GCH CL Outdoor Debacle they did while remodeling the CL*

3) DLH just started a soft refurb when they got shutdown. Maybe Disney sees a chance to do a thorough remodel of the DLH CL?!! A girl can hope 😂

ALSO- if you have a DLH CL stay booked through Dec I would call ASAP. If there is space at GCH hopefully they’ll upgrade you. When DLH was announced closed until Oct those with stays planned we’re offered GCH at the same price if it was available 😉

Not sure what this means, but it appears that 4 rooms on ground floor of Hawaii building at Poly are currently in use. They added chairs to 4 of the patios, and I saw a guest leave his room through the patio door this morning. The chairs from all other regular and CL patios/balconies are absent. Could just be that they overbooked the villas.
I could be wrong, but I’m currently staying in the bungalows and there is apparently a high profile politician staying in bungalows as well. He had a full security team with him. I saw a few of them by the Hawaii building maybe some of them are staying there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter