Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have WL CL access booked for next year, looking forward to returning to the 'new' CL. I don't have an issue with opening up CL access, assuming a realistic headcount is adhered to. I enjoy the perks of a separate keyed access floor, dedicated pre planning etc, and walking from my room to the lounge to grab a snack/drink to enjoy in my room before heading out. I'm sure some of us have experienced fellow CL guests who 'sneak' their non CL friends in to take advantage of the Lounge. Will still be keeping an eye on things over the coming months to see how it works out, if it works out to Disney's advantage I can see them opening this up at other CL resorts.

From what I gather, you go to BC and YC for the pool, not the CL. It's a shame you have to choose.

I'm not even loving the pool to be honest. It's so packed and hard to find a chair. We have a rest day today and the only pool activities starts at 530. The lounge food is nice. Service is just ok.

From what I gather, you go to BC and YC for the pool, not the CL. It's a shame you have to choose.
Yes! ::yes:: When we have chosen BC/YC it's been for the pool and the convenience of walking to Epcot. It's not at all for the CL. I find the CLs to be inconvenient in terms of being able to pop in from the pool or even pop in sporadically given how often the lounges close. All that plus the 10pm doors locked is a big draw back. Add to that the manned wine cart (are we at a bad wedding?) and now no turn down, well, that's getting sad. We do love the extra space, especially in the mornings so that's a perk but honestly, I'm now iffy on our stay there in a few weeks. We go with other families and the lounge is the perfect place for us to all meet up and I forgot about the closures. I hope we enjoy more than I think.

Curse the power of the boards as I'm now looking to see if we can extend Poly or flip to CR or AKL. :bored:

I think there are pluses and minuses at many of the CL's.

I agree :)

I'm not even loving the pool to be honest. It's so packed and hard to find a chair.

We felt the same way. SAB is always said to be the best pool on property, but we didn't think it was anything that warranted all the hype. The BC is a nice resort and I'm glad we tried it, but we didn't fall in love with it (or SAB) and actually prefer other resorts and pools ;).

We head to RPC in a few weeks. Were you met outside? If not, where do you check-in? Could you hear the music from your room? TIA
We were met outside but I did online check in. I could hear the music from the balcony on our room. Have a great time. You will love it.

I'm sure some of us have experienced fellow CL guests who 'sneak' their non CL friends in to take advantage of the Lounge.

I have never noticed this, but what does it have to do with selling CL access to regular level rooms?

Does your daughter know if this is only at WL? I wonder is this is a leftover from the construction, or a test for other resorts? Only Disney knows I suppose.

Yes, this is only at WL. I don't know if this is truly a "test" or if it's something that will continue to be offered as long as it appears to be working. There is a maximum person number so I doubt the Lounge will feel too crowded. But if CL guests start complaining that it is too crowded, then I would expect Disney to make adjustments or discontinue the program.

I am not privy to any secret information! ;)

I don't like non-CL guests being offered CL access. It crowds the lounge and decreases the value for those who have paid full price for this feature. I am assuming they have a non-CL room location.

Different if they are offered an upsell to a CL room because they have availability.

I absolutely agree with you! We have been offered upsells to Club Level in the past, but that was for a CL room! I personally wouldn't want a non-CL location for an extra $99/night!

This is only at WL and the reason is probably because they have the space. The number of CL rooms was cut basically in half and the Lounge can handle a few more guests without inconveniencing those who booked CL!

I'd also like to add, my understanding is that this $99 option has been around since the "new" Lounge opened -- they just don't advertise it.

Okay a few Qs-

Rosa Regale?!? Only at BW club level?

RPC- separate from regular club level? Or just the name for the lounge when you book a Main Building Club Level room?

And do you have any food pics or menus from GF club level from your recent stay?

Okay a few Qs-

RPC- separate from regular club level? Or just the name for the lounge when you book a Main Building Club Level room?

And do you have any food pics or menus from GF club level from your recent stay?
Rpc is the club level in the main building.

The GF has 2 CLs. RPC (Royal Palm Club) is CL in the main building (as buzzmom12 stated).

Sugarloaf (SL) is also CL, but is considered outer building CL, which is separate from the main building.

This is only at WL and the reason is probably because they have the space. The number of CL rooms was cut basically in half and the Lounge can handle a few more guests without inconveniencing those who booked CL!

That makes more sense. The lounges are already crowded at peak breakfast and cocktail hour times. Traveling with a party of 4 or 5, it is hard to find seating as it is.

That makes more sense. The lounges are already crowded at peak breakfast and cocktail hour times. Traveling with a party of 4 or 5, it is hard to find seating as it is.

That's definitely not true at WL currently. We were there in May and I swear the most people I saw in the lounge at one time was 15. Most of the time, there were fewer than 10 and a couple of times, we were in there alone. We were there 5 nights...ate breakfast and had evening appetizers 4 times, afternoon snacks once, and dessert every night. They can definitely open up lounge access and still keep it comfortable, but I'm glad they're putting a limit on it.

That's definitely not true at WL currently. We were there in May and I swear the most people I saw in the lounge at one time was 15. Most of the time, there were fewer than 10 and a couple of times, we were in there alone. We were there 5 nights...ate breakfast and had evening appetizers 4 times, afternoon snacks once, and dessert every night. They can definitely open up lounge access and still keep it comfortable, but I'm glad they're putting a limit on it.
The poster explained that they cut the number of CL rooms there. That would explain them opening up CL access for a fee.

I personally wouldn't want a non-CL location for an extra $99/night!

I would. DSS isn't worth $1 extra a night to me. And what else does CL have... turn down service is disappearing from some resorts. Personally, I don't care about controlled access to my floor, all WDW resorts are safe (especially deluxes). So I just don't see $50 extra in value for staying on the club floor... (right now standard room vs club room is a difference of ~$150 at WL).

Okay a few Qs-

I can only answer part of this, but I have had the Rosa Regale at CR CL as well. :love:

The poster explained that they cut the number of CL rooms there. That would explain them opening up CL access for a fee.

Yes, I know that. I was countering you post indicating that it's hard to find seating in the CL lounges. That very well may be true at some of them, but that's not the case at WL.

Fyi, I literally just had turn down service at BC. We went to the lounge to see what they had and she was just finishing when we returned. Been here since Tuesday and this was the only day we had it. I was actually surprised when we walked back. Kids took all the chocolate lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter