Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Fyi, I literally just had turn down service at BC. We went to the lounge to see what they had and she was just finishing when we returned. Been here since Tuesday and this was the only day we had it. I was actually surprised when we walked back. Kids took all the chocolate lol.

Well that didn't take long for them to bring it back at BC. Guess they caved to the complaints!

You said the lounges are crowded and it's hard to find seating. May I ask what I misunderstood?

First, I replied to the news that they are selling $99 access to CL. I said I didn't like them selling access to CL because it gets crowded.

Then, RachelTori said,
"This is only at WL and the reason is probably because they have the space. The number of CL rooms was cut basically in half and the Lounge can handle a few more guests without inconveniencing those who booked CL!"

Then I said, "That makes more sense. The lounges are already crowded at peak breakfast and cocktail hour times. Traveling with a party of 4 or 5, it is hard to find seating as it is." Meaning, now I understand that they are selling CL access currently at WL only, because the WL lounge is underused because they decreased the number of CL rooms (for some reason according to RachelTori).

Then you said "WL lounge is not crowded".

Yes, that's what we were saying.

Just FYI BWI does not have the Rosa Regale either, I was just there last week. I don't know about RPC.
I think they change the wines around a lot at the lounges.

When we were at CR last year, they had a special wine selection each day (maybe a little better than the usual Disney choices, and I am guessing it was in keeping with the theme of their home restaurant (CG) having a nice wine selection) but they were serving a prosecco as their sparkling wine choice and not Rosa Regale.

I think the wine selection is very changeable but no harm asking for it, if it is not there.

Is the regular room with the CL access at WL something you can book ahead of time, or is it just at CI ?

First, I replied to the news that they are selling $99 access to CL. I said I didn't like them selling access to CL because it gets crowded.

Then, RachelTori said,
"This is only at WL and the reason is probably because they have the space. The number of CL rooms was cut basically in half and the Lounge can handle a few more guests without inconveniencing those who booked CL!"

Then I said, "That makes more sense. The lounges are already crowded at peak breakfast and cocktail hour times. Traveling with a party of 4 or 5, it is hard to find seating as it is." Meaning, now I understand that they are selling CL access currently at WL only, because the WL lounge is underused because they decreased the number of CL rooms (for some reason according to RachelTori).

Then you said "WL lounge is not crowded".

Yes, that's what we were saying.

Ok. I misunderstood that your comment about lounges being too crowded to find a place to sit was agreeing that the WL lounge isn't crowded. Sorry for the misinterpretation, and thanks for clearing it up!

They didn't reduce the number of club level rooms for "some reason." Half of the WL main building was converted to DVC units. Thus, half of the original club level rooms no longer exist as they are now DVC units.

Just a follow-up highlighting some changes that happened at AKL CL, with regards to what has been said on this board.

I was a bit concerned about the policy that all alcoholic drinks served at the lounge to take away would be served in plastic cups, because it's not as practical in the fridge. Well, all the times I requested a beer or wine to take away on the room, I was given it in a glass container (either the beer in its bottle, or the wine in a regular glass). Sometimes they did ask me if I wanted to take away to the room or to the pool. (I don't know what would have happened if I replied “to the pool”, because on pool days, I re-use water parks mugs, and pour my beer in them while at the lounge; this keeps the beer fresh for a longer time!)

A nice change that we've seen in the last few days is that, when dining is out, the chef no longer serves the appetizers as you order them. Instead, the chef prepares one soup and one hot appetizer. When you want one, they're already ready and you can just serve yourself. (And as soon as you got your selection, the chef prepares another plate for the next guest.)

Can someone tell me what time club level cast members start their day?
We will, possibly, be arriving early in the morning. I'm estimating arriving at BWI at about 6:30am.
I know it's too early to get into our room. However will the staff be at the concierge desk? Will we be greeted at the magical express?
Just checking.... thanks

We will, possibly, be arriving early in the morning. I'm estimating arriving at BWI at about 6:30am.
I know it's too early to get into our room. However will the staff be at the concierge desk? Will we be greeted at the magical express?
Just checking.... thanks

I believe they start at 7am. Not sure the greeter in the lobby will be there at that time.

We asked at the BC lounge this week for them not to open the beer and they said they had to open it.

Just checking.... thanks

As cwis said, the club level desk & lounge don't open til 7 at any of the resorts. I don't take ME so not sure if anyone normally comes out to meet the bus. But again, no one from club level will be there til 7. If you arrive before then, you could either check in at the lobby desk or wait til 7 to check in upstairs at club level. At BWI, you could probably walk around the Boardwalk a bit & then go up to the club level for check in & breakfast.

Just a follow-up highlighting some changes that happened at AKL CL, with regards to what has been said on this board.

I was a bit concerned about the policy that all alcoholic drinks served at the lounge to take away would be served in plastic cups, because it's not as practical in the fridge. Well, all the times I requested a beer or wine to take away on the room, I was given it in a glass container (either the beer in its bottle, or the wine in a regular glass). Sometimes they did ask me if I wanted to take away to the room or to the pool. (I don't know what would have happened if I replied “to the pool”, because on pool days, I re-use water parks mugs, and pour my beer in them while at the lounge; this keeps the beer fresh for a longer time!)

A nice change that we've seen in the last few days is that, when dining is out, the chef no longer serves the appetizers as you order them. Instead, the chef prepares one soup and one hot appetizer. When you want one, they're already ready and you can just serve yourself. (And as soon as you got your selection, the chef prepares another plate for the next guest.)

Thanks for the update :).

As cwis said, the club level desk & lounge don't open til 7 at any of the resorts. I don't take ME so not sure if anyone normally comes out to meet the bus. But again, no one from club level will be there til 7. If you arrive before then, you could either check in at the lobby desk or wait til 7 to check in upstairs at club level. At BWI, you could probably walk around the Boardwalk a bit & then go up to the club level for check in & breakfast.
Thanks for the reply. I don't think we'd have to wait too long. Our plane lands at 5. It would most likely be close to 7 by the time we arrive at BWI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter