Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I am thinking about changing my dates for next year to the Labor Day Special, (when its released) at the Beach Club CL for a few nights instead of in May. Probably will run close to the same price, so why not? I've never done CL, so I am seriously thinking of treating my family.
I've traveled in May and in September and to me, the May/June weather is so much drier than September with the thunderstorms and the humidity. Plus hurricanes. It's cheaper for a reason.

It's been released - I just booked today :thumbsup2

The discount for CL (at Poly) wasn't nearly as good as I expected though. We went with SV Poly. I didn't get BC CL quoted.
Thanks to your post, we're booked with the deal at BC CL. Thanks for the early heads up. :cool1:

Going back to BC was a no brainer. I'm sure I'll noodle the possibility of a split stay with Poly for the next 10 months.:scratchin Just need to remind myself that while it was easy to do, I didn't particularly care for it.

I've traveled in May and in September and to me, the May/June weather is so much drier than September with the thunderstorms and the humidity. Plus hurricanes. It's cheaper for a reason.
Hmmmmmm, makes me think. But I won't be doing any parks. Just relaxing at the Beach Club and SAB with the family. Maybe a day at Disney Srings?

Hey experts what is your advice for room requests at the AKL? Have my first stay there in january with my 4 year old!! I want it to be the most convenient possible with a great Savannah view.

Hey experts what is your advice for room requests at the AKL? Have my first stay there in january with my 4 year old!! I want it to be the most convenient possible with a great Savannah view.
The club level rooms are on the 4th floor. The lounge is on the 6th floor. While it's closer to the lounge, the area I cared least for was the one we had near Arusha rock. That's a viewing area so plenty of people there and I think the rock obscures the view. I'd rather walk a bit and have a more open (and private) space.

Allergies are a big issue for my son and we’ll be at YC in November! I would think the dogs would be contained to a certain floor, but every hotel is different. I’ll definitely have to call myself and find out.

Yes, I know what you mean - my DGS has multiple allergies.

If they were to confine the dogs to a particular area/floor it would be much easier for guests with allergies!!! I will ask and see what the CM's say about the situation. I'll post when I get back.

Yes, I know what you mean - my DGS has multiple allergies.

If they were to confine the dogs to a particular area/floor it would be much easier for guests with allergies!!! I will ask and see what the CM's say about the situation. I'll post when I get back.

From what a CM just told me, they will be designated to certain areas and floors of the hotels, as well as view categories. She said they will not be permitted on the CL floor since there will be food out. I’m sure we’ll get several different answers!

I am not happy about the dogs. Will try to call the signature services number if I get a chance (staying at YC CL over NYE), If I get any info will post it here.

The club level rooms are on the 4th floor. The lounge is on the 6th floor. While it's closer to the lounge, the area I cared least for was the one we had near Arusha rock. That's a viewing area so plenty of people there and I think the rock obscures the view. I'd rather walk a bit and have a more open (and private) space.

Thanks. So what would you request for the more private open view?

Is it true they got rid of the kids offerings at the animal kingdom club level? Can someone give me a sample of some of the common menu items ?

I didn't see anyone answer this but we just got back from my quick surprise birthday trip! So about 3 years ago they took the kids table away and didn't really replace it. However, I am happy to report that although the table isn't back, the kid food is! We had uncrustables, fruit, meatballs, chicken nuggets, Apple's with Carmel dip and PB. I took pics of all of the food and drink menus, they had them posted for the whole week. However, I don't know how to post on here anymore without photobucket. I can send them to someone if they don't mind to post them for me.

We've stayed at AKL CL a lot but having just stayed at BWI CL a month ago, I have some pros and cons. AKL wins for the lounge itself, it's big, open and overlooks the gorgeous lobby. BWI just feels cramped and claustrophobic. Staff, BWI wins hands down. I actually felt like the BWI staff cared about us, at AKL...it feels like this is their job....period. They're not rude or mean but they don't try to know who you are. They both have a chef but at AKL, I'm not even sure what the point of the chef is. They just plate something that was made somewhere else and there was ZERO guest interaction. I don't think the chef said one word to anyone. And now they've moved the chefs stand to the other side of the TV, so it's far from the other food. I don't think a lot of people saw it or knew what it was.

So all in all we had a great time. If anyone has any other questions please let me know.

Currently booked for CL at WL next May. A little hard to swallow but limited in options for our family and being close to MK. The cabins don't do anything for me. Had a bad experience non Disney and don't want to have an unpleasant vacay. How I understand it is the lounge food is not really a meal, intended to fill you up. Do they replenish the food throughout the time frame for each service? Or is it once gone it's gone? I'm a little worried what the kids will eat. Pb/j shooters and they don't like jelly? What cereal do they offer? Thanks

There were several times that we made a meal of the RPC offerings- I don't think you will need the dining plan, too-- but JMO
Thanks, we're not planning on being in the lounge too much, but are planning on using it for breakfast every day. Sounds like we won't be hungry by 10 AM.

However, I don't know how to post on here anymore without photobucket. I can send them to someone if they don't mind to post them for me.

I take all of my photos with my iphone. Usually they are too large to post, so my method is to upload pics to a computer, resize them, then post on DIS. Other people use things like Flickr, but I’ve been worried those services may someday go the way of Photobucket so I like the control of having/storing my pics myself.

Feel free to PM me if I can assist, happy to help.

Thanks for that review of AKL CL, need to get there someday!

]

Currently booked for CL at WL next May. A little hard to swallow but limited in options for our family and being close to MK. The cabins don't do anything for me. Had a bad experience non Disney and don't want to have an unpleasant vacay. How I understand it is the lounge food is not really a meal, intended to fill you up. Do they replenish the food throughout the time frame for each service? Or is it once gone it's gone? I'm a little worried what the kids will eat. Pb/j shooters and they don't like jelly? What cereal do they offer? Thanks

Yes the lounge food is intended to be snacks. Evening apps are plated in small portions but at the WL we didn't feel limited, but we were never looking to make a meal out of it. We never had an issue with running out when we were there in Sept. Most of the desserts were so rich that one was plenty. The daily cobbler was self serve. I found breakfast to more then enough with fruit, yogurt, and a bagel and coffee.

We have a similar eater. Eats PB but not jelly. There was bread and pb at breakfast, so one day I made her a sandwich that I put in a ziplock I had brought from home to keep fresh for later. She loved the bread and breadsticks with the evening apps so that was a good substitute. There is an evening "kids choice" hot app that was usually a baked noodle in sauce. DD doesn't eat sauce so she didn't try it.
She also discovered macaroons. Ask the CM to let you know what the flavors are by color.

Cereal was fruit loops, cornflakes, and I think raisin bran. I know in the past there had been cherrios and I was a little disappointed that wasn't an option because I like those, but I found their bagels to be a tasty substitute.

I am sure if you go back to the middle of sept in this thread you can find a trip report with great pictures of the offerings and run those by your family.

Sorry, I won't be able to inquire about the dogs at YC CL as promised. :guilty:

I just had an issue arise and have had to cancel the trip Saturday. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter